Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions Slimefun Vote

Slimefun Vote

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Moderator: HelloMiners Admin
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Yes or No on Keeping the plugin slimefun

Poll ended at Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:58 am

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes : 76

Re: Slimefun Vote

Postby gbt2001 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:13 pm

Doodle, I said the vote was for it being gone entirely, binary was the one who said it's just a step
_mentalgamer_ likes this post.

Postby Sir_Binary » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:24 pm

gbt2001 wrote:
Sir_Binary wrote:if people want to keep certain aspects of SF, they'll just vote yes? I mean, the vote is whether to keep slimefun, not whether people want to keep certain aspects. people can choose what aspects if "yes" wins. it's easier to see if there's a demand for slimefun in the first place than to see if people would like certain aspects.

Sir, that is a terrible comment. This poll is just a yes or no and if you assume staff would ever put in the time to look into it (and even if they did it wouldnt be removed anyways based on current staff speed) you havent been on the server in the past year.

Quite obviously I've been on the server in the past year, and yes I do know that the staff speed is low, however I feel like a vote could serve the demands of the people more efficiently. I know that similar situations, like fishing, have taken a lot of time to have action taken upon them. This is a yes or no vote. This is whether people think we should keep the plugin or not.

gbt2001 wrote:There is serious lack of understanding with this plugin and it shows.

Is there op things? Yes. Many of the op things however were already removed. The only things that are really left that could be seen as op are some of the magical things (wind staffs), electric tools (multi tool) and some random armor.

The OP items that SlimeFun has created still can exist, and the only way to render them useless is to remove the plugin. It's not a good thing that exploits have been found and can be found.

gbt2001 wrote:Most of things provide basic rewards for many of the people who put in months of work. Sirbinary and others. Based on your replies you don't know much of anything in regards to this plugin because if you did, you would actually bring up specifics when criticizing it.

I could care less about the tools and such being removed. It's mainly the fact you want to delete the machines and CT storages that come along with it.

Whilst I think that yes, it is slightly unfair to remove Slimefun without compensating for the time and money invested, this alone does not warrant the keeping of Slimefun. Slimefun wasn't added with the requests of a majority of the community, but rather a select few. If the server gets a new plugin, you should expect people using it and investing into it. This does not mean it shouldn't be removed. I do not have specifics because the plugin never interested me, yet I don't see any positive changes sourcing from it and only negative ones, of which some I will state later. I do not care about names for the items or recipes, yet I see their potential effects and the functions of some of them. The machines and storage systems should've never even have been made, what's happened with the vanilla experience?

gbt2001 wrote:Upper Staff clearly are not going to handle this right since they don't understand it and will just remove plugin without looking into what is good. You can spend days doing the plugin and get rewarded with a furnace system that goes faster than normal furnaces or are automatic. These automatic furnace reduce lag since we don't need complex set ups of redstone to make them work. The same goes for the CT and massive auto storage systems

Redstone does not work on this server and I want someone to show me a machine that hasn't completely broken due to the servers inability to hold redstone.

Upper staff will deal with the decision of the community, just because it doesn't align with your opinion or what your favour doesn't mean they don't understand, they just want to enforce what a majority of the community desires. I honestly do not care for a faster furnace or automatic furnace, and I'm pretty sure HelloMiners survived without them. It's not a necessity to help your personal gain. They could theoretically reduce lag, however for a resource-intensive plugin like Slimefun (a staff member has confirmed that Slimefun is resource-intensive, meaning it is technically making the server lag more, so I think it cancels out or even is worse if Slimefun is kept). If the redstone isn't working, it's simple - the server could try to fix it. No need for a whole new plugin to do it for us.

gbt2001 wrote:And when I call Out the staff, I mean it takes literal months to make basic decisions that are crucial for the server. Plot monopolization is single handily a gov issue now since the reason there is such monopoly is the gov won't allow auctions for a rule change that was supposed to take days and now takes months.

You have mods who like to shift blame on the community every second saying we are all hostile even though they change things that no one had a say in or dont fix things that are obviously op until the damage is permanent.

Yes, changes take months to go into effect. The issue you have stated is another issue that needs fixing, not related directly to Slimefun. Some staff do try to shift blame, and I know this. Changes like adding Slimefun is something very few had a say in, fishing took months to be fixed because a lot of the staff members were monopolising it and making the most money out of everyone on the server. This didn't change because the incentive for people to make sure they're having a fair share of personal gain.

gbt2001 wrote:Removing this plugin will be beyond complicated and I don't think you realize since compensation will 100% have to be given since most of it is machines that take literal days to get and cost 1000s of forsals. The amount of coal that has been mined out and sold is astronomical and to say to many people who actually used the plugin they lose all their progress and the thousands they spent is a joke.

Compensation shouldn't be the cause of not removing Slimefun. This excuse only makes it worse, meaning that we can permanently not remove it because money was invested into it. The fault of all of this is the person who added Slimefun without community approval. I get that people invested a lot into their machines and other Slimefun related things, and I agree, they should be compensated. This whole situation is a mistake that should've never occurred in the first place.

I don't see why HelloMiners keeps trying to divert from the simplistic approach to an economy server. It used to be that HM consisted mostly of Essentials, AreaShop, ChestShop, and people would just take it as it was. They could understand most things fairly simply, yet we seem to be overcomplicating things with Slimefun, Bungee and Pyrofishing as the new important ones. Now I know someone will reply to this with something like "bUT WE NEED ENTERTAINMENNT AND IT WAS BORING AND BUNGEE IS NEEDED FOR A HUB" and yeah, sure, but one of the main reasons some people don't stick around is because of this transformation which changed essentially one of the biggest aspects of our server. The economy has completely changed, and not in a good direction.

oh and btw GBT I meant that if you vote yes, there could be another vote where people choose what aspects they want to keep.

rant over
_UltraPro_ likes this post.
my last signature looked spammy so uh yeah add my disc at sirbinary#7593 if you want <3

Postby ~Jake » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:36 pm

To the people who think Slimefun caused the server's downfall: you must be delusional.

Relegating this decision as a "remove or not" is not as simple as black and white. Slimefun is all around us in the server like elevators, hologram projectors, portable chests, etc. Those of which make the server actually more fun and convenient. As for those cancerous OP items, yes they should be removed w/o compensation because they do rid the server of parity and fairness.

Plus, Slimefun brings HM a new business that players can invest in. If you take the time to learn it and be able to sell sf items, you can make money.

Aside from that, staff should be more competent when adding new plugins to the server. You absolutely have to know the consequences before acting, and we as a community, deserve a little more transparency.
2 people like this post.
Need shaders photographs? Message me in game Jacy913 or my Discord Jake#9533.

[+] Shaders Gallery

In-Game: Active
Forums: Active

Postby Sir_Binary » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:50 pm

~Jake wrote:To the people who think Slimefun caused the server's downfall: you must be delusional.

Relegating this decision as a "remove or not" is not as simple as black and white. Slimefun is all around us in the server like elevators, hologram projectors, portable chests, etc. Those of which make the server actually more fun and convenient. As for those cancerous OP items, yes they should be removed w/o compensation because they do rid the server of parity and fairness.

Plus, Slimefun brings HM a new business that players can invest in. If you take the time to learn it and be able to sell sf items, you can make money.

Aside from that, staff should be more competent when adding new plugins to the server. You absolutely have to know the consequences before acting, and we as a community, deserve a little more transparency.

It's clear Slimefun didn't cause HM's downfall, but it's not helping either.

The plugin "Lift" could substitute elevators, hologram projectors aren't really too useful and shulkers are essentially portable chests. Slimefun has been in existence on the server for some time and not many shops gave really come out of it, and even with new items, it's not saving the economy. There are other stuff you can buy.
my last signature looked spammy so uh yeah add my disc at sirbinary#7593 if you want <3

Postby OmnieDD » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:32 pm

If the plugin is removed, will players get some sort of compensation for the items they had crafted? For me, the only things I've crafted are rainbow blocks, and I've only spent around 2k on them lol. It would be nice to get some sort of money back, but other than that I did vote to remove it.
Sir_Binary likes this post.
Mayor of Silver Lake
CEO of Omnie Inc, Retail
CEO of Stellar Industries, Apartments and Shops
Player Helper since 2019
West City Eviction Management
Net Worth of ~2 Million
Playing Since 2017

Postby CakeDevil275 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:57 pm

OmnieDD wrote:If the plugin is removed, will players get some sort of compensation for the items they had crafted? For me, the only things I've crafted are rainbow blocks, and I've only spent around 2k on them lol. It would be nice to get some sort of money back, but other than that I did vote to remove it.

Sameeee
2 people like this post.
CakeDevil_275
To reserve a plot in Bayview, discord me! Get first dibs now!

[+] My long list of jobs
- CEO of iBuy (2016-2018)
- Chairman of DTR (2018-2019)
- Owner of Blueline (2019 - 2020)
- Player Helper (2019 - present)
- City Department Evaluator (2019 - present)
- Manager of Ferron Island (2019 - present)
- stacked X. Board Member (2019 - present)
- Mayor/Owner of Bayview (2020 - present)

Postby Sir_Binary » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:09 pm

yeah obviously I think some compensation is good, I got a few fruit trees out of slimefun aha
some stuff doesn't need it tho like food tbh
OmnieDD likes this post.

Postby CudleyNubles » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:50 pm

You see this is what I dont like and ruins the vote. First thing why just comment official vote on a topic made by a player. Like the post would get way more attention if it was officially made. Next thing you have people trying to msg others and influence their opinions. This creates a huge amount of bias when one person votes. For example Grin in his server related discord with over 50 people posting and pinging everyone to specifically vote for the removal of slime fun.

Doesn't seem really fair at all.
2 people like this post.

Postby 4K606 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:13 pm

Never seen 63 votes in my life on this fourm. An offical topic needs to be made with a way better format for votting so you cant make alt fourm accounts.

*just say your post ultra* :/
Joined Hellominers Feb. 14th 2017
West Helloclan Manager
Co-Creator of October Fest!
Private City Dept. Regulator
Owner of Emerald Cove!

Postby ~Doodle » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:20 am

CudleyNubles wrote:You see this is what I dont like and ruins the vote. First thing why just comment official vote on a topic made by a player. Like the post would get way more attention if it was officially made. Next thing you have people trying to msg others and influence their opinions. This creates a huge amount of bias when one person votes. For example Grin in his server related discord with over 50 people posting and pinging everyone to specifically vote for the removal of slime fun.

Doesn't seem really fair at all.

Your complaining because people are being persuaded to vote?

You're seriously that scared of competition you're going to call bias on the vote? Grow up kid.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

PreviousNext