Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [Discussion] A Road to Recovery


[Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Moderator: HelloMiners Admin
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby Lin » Tue May 19, 2020 10:20 am

Stolen from #suggestions-discussion

Raising the start balance. A start balance of F1500 is nowhere near sufficient. Costs of plots, materials, and just about everything has risen and so should the new player start balance! While the exact start amount can be debated, I suggest a good start balance in today’s economy should be F4000.

Haha. No. Everyone that's a top dog on the server started with 1000F. Why should we raise it to 4000F, if everything else has risen? IIRC, the price of land in the wilderness was risen by what, 1F, and so the new balance during that time was 1500F. City prices are fucked, anyone putting such a high price on plots needs to seriously rethink their decision. Last time I checked the server, diamond was still 13F.

c) Providing new players with better items when they start. A stack of steak along with enchanted iron armour should be included. The armour should be enchanted with unbreaking III (or IV or V if possible), protection IV, and aqua infinity to promote mining gravel to create concrete.

Definitely not, purely because this is OP as starting gear.

b) Modifying keep-inventory.

Do it, you lose a large number of players.

c) Moving or removing inactive and or “historical” buildings in government cities.

Inactive ones yes, historical no. They're historical for a reason.

Ironball and other events need to be brought back!

Ironball is boring and not fun, and is why it died. There has been talk to bring back minigames to become a once every week situation, but this was just a thought put forward in conversation by @~Dõødlê#0770.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312

[+] Rodney submitting to peer pressure
Image

Image

Owner of Chiyoko
Founder of the Discord Moderator Team
First person to do the Unknown Island 2.0!

Joined on the 16th of September, 2016.

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby ~Weather » Tue May 19, 2020 1:57 pm

MrSuperRed wrote:But then here, you argue:
Modifying the fishing plugin. I think most can agree, at first the current fishing plugin seemed to be a great addition to the server, but it has unintentionally caused other problems. No matter what augments someone may have, no one should be making more than F3,000 an hour. A regular rod should make roughly F1,500 an hour while an OP rod could be on the higher end making F3,000 an hour.


You argue that "no one should be making more than F3,000 an hour". I'm assuming that because of the value of forsals no one should be making that much? You argue for inflation for the rest of the topic, but against it here?
Firstly, just because one method makes so much, doesn't mean it should be decreased. Fishing is a very easy way to create wealth (especially for newer players, who are the people that benefit the most right now).
Secondly, I understand your intentions, but that doesn't mean it should be decreased. There is a much more functional solution, of increasing how much all other methods make which is a proportionate response to inflation, an increased gov balance, new jobs, etc which is a direct correlation
Lastly, I understand you said "regardless of augments" but judging my in-game fishing experience I don't think you understand how much a max fishing rod can cost. A normal fishing rod without augments can make F5,000 - F8,000 / hour. If you have a max augment rod, which can cost over F1,000,000+ you can get to F15,000/hour which I believe is well worth the cost.


The value of rods should never have gotten as high as they are. Personally, I don’t fish (but that may change since I can make x8 the money in 1/4 time). I don’t know the exact numbers of how much is made per hour. The plugin could be modified so augments are easier to get.

Just think, how could a fishing rod be worth more than most private cities on the server?

You mention how it is helping new players, but I unfortunately don’t see this happening. To a new player, the plugin is complex and confusing. The only people I see benefiting are the experienced wealthy players.

I understand inflation is necessary for economic growth, but this plugin is causing hyper inflation.
Tunnel likes this post.
Image

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby ~Adu » Tue May 19, 2020 2:02 pm

~Weather wrote:
MrSuperRed wrote:But then here, you argue:
Modifying the fishing plugin. I think most can agree, at first the current fishing plugin seemed to be a great addition to the server, but it has unintentionally caused other problems. No matter what augments someone may have, no one should be making more than F3,000 an hour. A regular rod should make roughly F1,500 an hour while an OP rod could be on the higher end making F3,000 an hour.


You argue that "no one should be making more than F3,000 an hour". I'm assuming that because of the value of forsals no one should be making that much? You argue for inflation for the rest of the topic, but against it here?
Firstly, just because one method makes so much, doesn't mean it should be decreased. Fishing is a very easy way to create wealth (especially for newer players, who are the people that benefit the most right now).
Secondly, I understand your intentions, but that doesn't mean it should be decreased. There is a much more functional solution, of increasing how much all other methods make which is a proportionate response to inflation, an increased gov balance, new jobs, etc which is a direct correlation
Lastly, I understand you said "regardless of augments" but judging my in-game fishing experience I don't think you understand how much a max fishing rod can cost. A normal fishing rod without augments can make F5,000 - F8,000 / hour. If you have a max augment rod, which can cost over F1,000,000+ you can get to F15,000/hour which I believe is well worth the cost.


The value of rods should never have gotten as high as they are. Personally, I don’t fish (but that may change since I can make x8 the money in 1/4 time). I don’t know the exact numbers of how much is made per hour. The plugin could be modified so augments are easier to get.

Just think, how could a fishing rod be worth more than most private cities on the server?

You mention how it is helping new players, but I unfortunately don’t see this happening. To a new player, the plugin is complex and confusing. The only people I see benefiting are the experienced wealthy players.

I understand inflation is necessary for economic growth, but this plugin is causing hyper inflation.


Making augments easier to get is just going to add to the problem that you are trying to address...
The plugin is not that complex. You don't need any server experience to be able to read the menu's
ImageLike · Succeededkiller likes this post.

~Adu
-=-=-=-=-
Owner of Dubai
Owner of Veyron Group
Manager of North Helloclan
Networth: F1,000,000+
Player since 2015
Discord: Adu0123#7982

Connect with me:
Image

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby ~Weather » Tue May 19, 2020 2:15 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:There's a lot with this suggestion, but I'm just going to address what's on my mind at this second:

You suggest banning autofarms.
Er, how? It's a significant task to try and find all the autofarms on the server. It's almost certainly possible, maybe a better way would be to use a plugin to fairly unsubtly nerf them (e.g. pistons breaking melons/pumpkins/whatever else will fail x% of the time).


I agree, finding all the autofarms and removing them would be an enormous task but, I think the compromise you mentioned is interesting.

I understand how Doodle and I think Strange mentioned how people worked hard and spent money to build these farms, but the reality is as of now, the items it is producing are invaluable. I don’t see how anyone is benefiting from having a machine produce worthless items. As of now it’s pretty pointless to even have a machine.

You mentioned how we could make it so pistons breaking melons/pumpkins/whatever else will fail x% of the time. A compromise like such kind of defeats the purpose of trying to create jobs. I think it may only encourage people to build larger farms rather then make farms and job centers for new players. The fail rate would have to be pretty high.

If a low piston break rate was instituted, we could also possibly make it so if a melon/sugarcane/whatever was broke by hand after being naturally spawned it would break and give more yield then normal (maybe like x1.5-2?)

This would reward working individuals rather than machine owners which could help provide jobs for new players.
Last edited by ~Weather on Tue May 19, 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheerios32 likes this post.
Image

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby ~Weather » Tue May 19, 2020 2:24 pm

~Adu wrote: Making augments easier to get is just going to add to the problem that you are trying to address...
The plugin is not that complex. You don't need any server experience to be able to read the menu's


Complex or not, new or not, no would should be pulling in 15-20K an hour. In chat just yesterday someone made over 120K in a few hours from fishing. Do you not see a problem with that?

The purpose of me suggesting this is to try and level the playing field so other industries have a chance. Not many new people desire to join a server to mindlessly fish. If profits were slashed from fishing, industries like brewing, building, small shop owners, and renting out apartments may actually have a chance thus creating more companies giving more jobs.
Image

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby UnboxingGold » Tue May 19, 2020 3:13 pm

so weather here is where I have an issue with your fishing argument and feel free to counteract I don't think the plugin should be changed if anything we should be promoting it to others spending server wide is down with new players and I think thats where the problem is yea there's a few knuckle heads that are just using it to increase their balances and maybe there should be a tax or something introduced in the server to help counteract that but we should be promoting this to allow new players to increase their balance and spend like getting plots in ur city :)

taking away more things from people is just going to seal the servers fate where no new players will stay

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby Tyler15390 » Tue May 19, 2020 3:24 pm

Instead of raising land costs instead there can be a minimum playtime before a player can buy land
Joined 2017

Real estate owner
Builder/designer
Shop owner

“Form ever follows function.” – Louis Sullivan

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby UnboxingGold » Tue May 19, 2020 3:43 pm

Tyler15390 wrote:Instead of raising land costs instead there can be a minimum playtime before a player can buy land


I agree I think there should be a system in place to give a grace period before land buying raising land is just gonna suck its already expensive don't think it should be higher

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby ~Weather » Tue May 19, 2020 3:46 pm

Lin wrote:Stolen from #suggestions-discussion

Raising the start balance. A start balance of F1500 is nowhere near sufficient. Costs of plots, materials, and just about everything has risen and so should the new player start balance! While the exact start amount can be debated, I suggest a good start balance in today’s economy should be F4000.

Haha. No. Everyone that's a top dog on the server started with 1000F. Why should we raise it to 4000F, if everything else has risen? IIRC, the price of land in the wilderness was risen by what, 1F, and so the new balance during that time was 1500F. City prices are fucked, anyone putting such a high price on plots needs to seriously rethink their decision. Last time I checked the server, diamond was still 13F.

Is this English?

c) Providing new players with better items when they start. A stack of steak along with enchanted iron armour should be included. The armour should be enchanted with unbreaking III (or IV or V if possible), protection IV, and aqua infinity to promote mining gravel to create concrete.

Definitely not, purely because this is OP as starting gear.


I meant to say iron armor. The exact enchants can also be debated, but the point is to provide new players with armor and tools that could be beneficial to them.

b) Modifying keep-inventory.

Do it, you lose a large number of players.


Why? I think what I suggested is a great compromise for both sides. This would stimulate shop sales which in the end gives more jobs.

c) Moving or removing inactive and or “historical” buildings in government cities.

Inactive ones yes, historical no. They're historical for a reason.


The problem is a lot of the historical buildings are taking up valuable plot spaces preventing new growth to be made. The buildings could be preserved in a beautiful well designed sanctuary. Each building could have a few signs that explained where they once were and what their function was. Most of the people that play now a days do not know any of the history behind these buildings and see them as eyesores.

Ironball and other events need to be brought back!

Ironball is boring and not fun, and is why it died. There has been talk to bring back minigames to become a once every week situation, but this was just a thought put forward in conversation by @~Dõødlê#0770.


No one said you had to participate. The overall idea was to get players to engage in a community sense with each other while having fun. Other then Ironball, what minigames do you suggest?
Image

Re: [Discussion] A Road to Recovery

Postby Tunnel » Tue May 19, 2020 4:07 pm

~Weather wrote:No one said you had to participate. The overall idea was to get players to engage in a community sense with each other while having fun. Other then Ironball, what minigames do you suggest?

#BringBackArentown

You could also do some more PvP/PvE style games like HELL or HungerGames.
~Weather likes this post.
Among many other things:
- HelloMiners Classic Leader since November 2017
- Former HelloMiners Moderator 2017-2018
- Former AIS-DC Nether Hub Owner and Manager
- Former HelloMiners Instagram Manager
- Networth 2M+ before i sold all my stuff lmao


Discord: @Johnsonly#5733
Instagram: @Cozylack

PreviousNext