Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions Enable Pvp

Enable Pvp

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Moderator: HelloMiners Admin
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Re: Enable Pvp

Postby ~Satan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:27 pm

llllgf wrote:Lol you can illegally pvp with flint n stone of ya want.

Why do you always have to write everything in a massive size? It's annoying as fuck my man
ViHQ likes this post.
b]Proud District Manager and Citizen of Paradise Hills[/b]
Chief Marketing Officer of HMSCM
[b]Creator of https://HMGuide.info

Postby MrNuggly » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:40 am

FMDIAMOND wrote:why would I want to be camped and killed while trying to build something, this is a stupid idea.

Youre not gonna be camped and killed unless you piss off another person with actual pvp skills (rare on the server) and tact in finding you. Although it could happen, there is an extremely low chance someone would randomly go after you and even if they did theyd stop after a bit of time and that is something you should deal with. Adding these type of problems on the server create more challenges that are much more fun than what currently happens.
Endershack likes this post.

Postby Lin » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:01 am

If you want server-wide pvp, go to a hunger games // zombie apoc server.

I'm all for pvp, but adding it server wide will cause more harm than good. People will be getting into trouble for getting mad or harassing others due to it, and for that reason I can't see this being of any good for the server.

However, maybe something like Ashford where players can apply to have their regions pvp enabled, after it meets size requirements.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312

I cull the herd, it's what I do.

[+] Rodney submitting to peer pressure

Code: Select all
>_Owner of Chiyoko

Postby StickMan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:11 pm

Just set a global /pvptoggle command so ppl can choose whether or not to “fight” when in the wild and non-flagged regions, then maybe have a few regions or something where it’s either forced on or off
Hey y'all its ur favorite husky :)
here since April 2015

If you would like to keep up with me, discord: StickMan#1105

"I shove my love in your eye, This queen bee is ready to die. You'll need someone holier than Moses, Mary won't cut it this time." - MXMS

Postby MrNuggly » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:49 pm

Lin wrote:If you want server-wide pvp, go to a hunger games // zombie apoc server.

I'm all for pvp, but adding it server wide will cause more harm than good. People will be getting into trouble for getting mad or harassing others due to it, and for that reason I can't see this being of any good for the server.

However, maybe something like Ashford where players can apply to have their regions pvp enabled, after it meets size requirements.

That's not really along the lines of what I am promoting, adding more spots for people to pvp doesnt change anything about the server. Enabling it server wide and forcing players into that type of interaction with each other makes there way more ways of gaining power and doing stuff on the server other than just having a bunch of money
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.

Postby Lin » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:20 am

MrNuggly wrote:
Lin wrote:If you want server-wide pvp, go to a hunger games // zombie apoc server.

That's not really along the lines of what I am promoting, adding more spots for people to pvp doesnt change anything about the server. Enabling it server wide and forcing players into that type of interaction with each other makes there way more ways of gaining power and doing stuff on the server other than just having a bunch of money

I still feel as though it's going to be harmful.

>_Owner of Chiyoko

Postby FMDIAMOND » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:24 am

MrNuggly wrote:
FMDIAMOND wrote:why would I want to be camped and killed while trying to build something, this is a stupid idea.

Youre not gonna be camped and killed unless you piss off another person with actual pvp skills (rare on the server) and tact in finding you. Although it could happen, there is an extremely low chance someone would randomly go after you and even if they did theyd stop after a bit of time and that is something you should deal with. Adding these type of problems on the server create more challenges that are much more fun than what currently happens.

I think the last thing we need are more challenges.
2 people like this post.
Co-owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:09 pm

FMDIAMOND wrote:
MrNuggly wrote:

i agree but it could also be a possible way to make money with bounties/targets etc, which is something we need
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby MrNuggly » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:25 pm

FMDIAMOND wrote:
MrNuggly wrote:

What challenges are there already on the server besides a dead economy and people doing nothing but farming?

Postby Lin » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:56 am

I just feel as though this is moving very far from what HM is meant to be.

It's an economy/city/rp server, not Assassins Creed.
z6i likes this post.

>_Owner of Chiyoko

PreviousNext