Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions Law and courthouses

Law and courthouses

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Law and courthouses

Postby Mcnuggets88 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:23 pm

I love the world of law and think it would be a great new experience added into the game. I was talking to Ozapenguin earlier and he also thinks it would be a great addition to this game. I have a perfect way it would fit in. On the HMCSM discord server I saw a company looking for an investment this company was HelloMiners University. I think it would be great if you would be able to learn the law at HM university then go on to work at a HM law firm. I already do some litigation work but it would be amazing to see this come to life. The mods could be the judges in the courthouse, each city should have a courthouse. This is for the small to medium cases like scamming or breaking a contract or breaking the rules where the court can swiftly decide punishment. I would love to see what the staff could do.

Re: Law and courthouses

Postby Val » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:22 am

I made this suggestment too a year or so ago. They're probably going to tell you the same thing as they told me. Lawyers couldn't really be a thing since people can't report people for other people, and the mods kinda already are judges idk. If you start assigning players as judges then you might as well make them mods.

I really like the idea tho, I've tried to get it added as well back in the day but I don't think it's gonna work out
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.
no longer staff tedde fix ur shit lol

Postby ozapenguin » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:20 am

Yeeee, lets at least bring a little roleplay into this place.

[Trial-Mod] since November 13, 2018
#longliveagora

Postby JrcJames » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:47 am

Yes! This will solve so many disagreements while also being kinda cool.
JRC Corporation
Real Estate-Selective Construction & Designing

Helloclan City Manager
Silverlake Co-Mayor

Postby Mcnuggets88 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:35 am

Thanks for all the support. I have a Law Firm opening up it will be a large office skyscraper in silverlake expansion, I think that there are so many different opportunities still to be explored in HM more authentic jobs in general would be cool.

Postby Cheerios32 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:58 am

Possible problem:

In a fully fair legal system, you are tried by your peers, who are vetted before they are put on the case to ensure they have no personal interest in the outcome or other loyalties that may cause problems.

In a country that's not a problem.

In a small community, that's more of an issue.
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby RJMouse » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:08 pm

uhhh i see no evidence from alfroda! I just see a paragraph with no logs or screenshots.
RJMouse
"Just one of the boys"

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:44 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:Possible problem:

In a fully fair legal system, you are tried by your peers, who are vetted before they are put on the case to ensure they have no personal interest in the outcome or other loyalties that may cause problems.

Yeah I agree, with about 100-150 memorable players top, almost everybody knows each other so people tend to have strong opinions of each other or don't care about them so work for the benefit of themselves. But I think we can kinda incorporate the ideas of players by allowing discussions on reports/appeals without them being locked, it is inevitable that in most circumstances people will disagree however combined with full transparency with all parties involved (including staff) we can make punishments more fair and fitting to the situation.
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby Cheerios32 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:45 pm

fluffythebunnyx wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:Possible problem:

Yeah I agree, with about 100-150 memorable players top, almost everybody knows each other so people tend to have strong opinions of each other or don't care about them so work for the benefit of themselves. But I think we can kinda incorporate the ideas of players by allowing discussions on reports/appeals without them being locked, it is inevitable that in most circumstances people will disagree however combined with full transparency with all parties involved (including staff) we can make punishments more fair and fitting to the situation.

Generally not locking reports and appeals enables lots and lots of very aggressive flamewars.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby Dylad » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:49 pm

If you bring in judges and lawyers, you need laws. We don’t have laws. We’d need lawmakers and an executive, which would be a slippery slope from there and eventually change this into a government, non-vanilla server.
--------------------------------------------------------------
300k Networth
2.5 Years
Fmr. OQIL Commissioner

Next