Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [Discussion] New [PRINTER] tag

[Discussion] New [PRINTER] tag

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Would you like this tag added

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 14

[Discussion] New [PRINTER] tag

Postby nicochulo2001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:52 pm

yamaazizi likes this post.

Re: [Discussion] New [PRINTER] tag

Postby skunkdonkey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Problem with this is that it is a massively unfair advantage to other players, whereas the TNT is built into minecraft and is not allowed globally to stop griefing.
2 people like this post.
ur mum innit

Postby Amoni » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:58 pm

you can imagine which of us lads are gonna be agreeing with it
6 people like this post.
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

Postby yamaazizi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:15 pm

skunkdonkey wrote:Problem with this is that it is a massively unfair advantage to other players, whereas the TNT is built into minecraft and is not allowed globally to stop griefing.

Yeah but shouldn’t big iron farms or mob farms be illegal too, because if printing on some government projects is unfair then, gaining iron even though you aren’t mining, be unfair too.

But no it shouldn’t.

Just like printing shouldn’t be illegal.

We have to move on with time, and with time comes change.
IGN: GeneralAzizi aka tamimazizi
Networth: ~1.000.000,00F+
Owner and founder of the YeliExpress group
co owner of CBSG /Warp C, down the main road
Manager for Ocelot City.
Executive Architect for Ocelot, Sunville & St. Victoire.
Officer for the AFPD
WBYE Co-owner
I'm a car guy

#BBC - BringBackCommandoBeta

Postby ~ADR » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Huh if this becomes a thing i'll be ~ADR [TNT][PRINTER]

Postby nicochulo2001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:15 pm

~ADR wrote:Huh if this becomes a thing i'll be ~ADR [TNT][PRINTER]

Yeah I was thinking abour that too, would look interesting to say the least XD

Postby ZacTheMan1 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Since when was printer allowed? And if so, what is the plugin that allows it to be done in a select region. We don't want the server to become a creative build server.

Its a definite no for me.

Postby nicochulo2001 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:35 pm

ZacTheMan1 wrote:Since when was printer allowed? And if so, what is the plugin that allows it to be done in a select region. We don't want the server to become a creative build server.

Its a definite no for me.

Ok so the "what is the plugin that allows it to be done in a select region" is a very valid point, but regarding the "server becoming a creative server" I think a creative server is by definition one with flying, unlimited materials and access to unavailable blocks. All I suggest is that a system that allows (given the permission of an admin, as with [TNT]) to build in a quicker and more complex manner.
Also I forgot to mention, that allowing this would obviously entail allowing printer on said regions, it would have to be made legal in the select regions. And I do expect this system would have to be tied to strict rules about when it is allowed

Despite that I do appreciate constructive feedback, since I understand my idea may be very flawed, but it might work given enough polish

Postby Zyra_bot » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:38 pm

um sounds cool but like would you have to have all the materials in your hand and if not it just stops printing?
Also what projects besides map art would be demmed important/valid enough for this to be used. Maybe when its being used it should could come up with (printer on) or a message to the staff chat so they can check you frequently.

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:48 pm

If a plugin was made that everyone could use, this would be great however right now, nobody can create 1.13 plugins and everyone still has to use schematics print function. As I said to you in-game, amazing idea, realistically not gonna happen.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#BringBackFunboi28

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Next