Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [ECONOMY/COMMUNITY] Dead Cities - Discussion

[ECONOMY/COMMUNITY] Dead Cities - Discussion

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

[ECONOMY/COMMUNITY] Dead Cities - Discussion

Postby LordRomias » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:27 pm

Suggestion:
viewtopic.php?f=299&t=31553

If a city owner is inactive for more than X amount of time then the city department of the government could assist in replacing the City Mayor to keep the city active.

This would encourage those creating and running cities to actively take part in the game and to support residents by helping keep the city (and server alive).

Cities with Deputy Mayors

All those who are ordinary members of the main city region would be considered Deputy Mayors and can continue to administer the city without government becoming involved. If they choose to, they could ask the city department to appoint one of them as the mayor or help facilitate electing a new mayor.

Cities without Deputy Mayors

The government's City Department (through the forums and ingame mail), can facilitate in holding an election where residents owning plots have X amount of weeks to vote on a new Acting Mayor. The person winning the election then gets added as a member to the main city region and is considered a Deputy/Acting Mayor.

After the Inactivity Rule

The inactivity formula is 90+S^0.6. Following the Mayor of the city becoming officially inactive for the amount of time calculated according to main city region size (or the size of the city region minus sold plots, whichever you think), the City Department would hold elections to appoint a new city owner. The city could either be auctioned off if there is nobody to take the place of the Owner or a Deputy Mayor could be elevated to Mayor/Owner (or given the option to buy it at whatever the starting bid would be calcuated at, or the city then goes to auction otherwise).

-----

Obviously there's a few options here but this would be a simple process and solution to keeping the cities active and administered. It will still be the responsibility of the city owner/mayor to ensure inactive subplots are resold and maybe city department can review private cities every now and again, but that's for another suggestion I guess.
CEO of Romco
Mayor of Snowdonia City

Re: [ECONOMY/COMMUNITY] Dead Cities - Discussion

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:33 pm

This would be a really good idea but... as a city owner, I put many many hours of hard work into my city and sat if I'm inactive for 6 months and I come back to find my city taken away from me, I'd leave the server. Good idea but really not practical for inactive city owners.
~Luc likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#BringBackFunboi28

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby FMDIAMOND » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:30 am

Finally something we need this would be amazing to implement.
And look who’s talking!
Second owner of TORCHED and net worth of 350K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby LordRomias » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:05 pm

_DJDoodle_ wrote:This would be a really good idea but... as a city owner, I put many many hours of hard work into my city and sat if I'm inactive for 6 months and I come back to find my city taken away from me, I'd leave the server. Good idea but really not practical for inactive city owners.

It'd be pretty sweet to know that someone liked your city enough to carry it forward. Doesn't have to be 6 months, could be longer. I hope you have someone in place as a sort of deputy though as 6 months is a long time. Also, what if the owner got banned? The city then just dies and the community of players in one private city dies and it's likely they just leave the server.
_DJDoodle_ likes this post.
CEO of Romco
Mayor of Snowdonia City

Postby ~Arctic » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:20 pm

But then Solaris would be evicted and new players would have nowhere to live.
Discord ~Arctic#8735
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
En tant que laboratoire de recherche sur l'arctique..... nous faisons des recherches concernant l'arctique.

Postby LordRomias » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:00 pm

This is a way of not evicting a city though. Just ensuring it has leadership going forward.
CEO of Romco
Mayor of Snowdonia City