Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions [Discussion] Reviving BP (Updated and added admin request)


[Discussion] Reviving BP (Updated and added admin request)

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Do you think this should happen?

Yes
12
67%
Maybe (elaborate?)
2
11%
No
4
22%
 
Total votes : 18

[Discussion] Reviving BP (Updated and added admin request)

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:36 pm

Discuss and vote in the poll!

Original topic: viewtopic.php?f=299&t=30922

Edit:

I have now got a fully functional mythic mobs server with access to everything needed to make custom items/mobs.
I now request for permission to put this suggestion into plan. Preferably, if it would be possible, I could lead the revival attempt then to hand it to a senior staff member after? If denied, I shall go on to make an example world that can be shown to the admins and players so they understand the basics of what I am meaning when I say fully custom mobs and drops and I will also prove that it is possible to keep interest flowing with new mobs and items every so often.
I hope that this draft can be accepted and a proper plan written up and put into place!

Cheers,

~Doodle


_DJDoodle_ wrote:Hello people.

After MyNameIsSakura taken a break from HelloMiners, BP has had no Manager. Due to the break being under a ban, standard procedure follows up that the role has been removed.
This topic is a suggestion to how to restart BP, make it more popular and to keep it alive when the Olympics are fully released.

As follows is a quick summary of the situation and the beforehand of it too.

When I first joined BP, I was hired by Chronoxomy. He was the manager and the developer and ran it with richie. Hosts were in demand so later on, Somfic was also hired. I think somewhere around this time Sakura was also hired but anyways, as there were to many events being hosted, the number of hosts was reduced by promoting myself to Developer to ease Chronoxomy's load. Chrono then had alot of things going and there was talk about mods and all and the future and just under a month later, Somfic become trial-mod meaning he could no longer by co-manager/host.
This meant that BP was slowly becoming under-staffed. Chrono then announced his retirement and handed the manager position to a host, sakura. BP then continued, slightly damaged by the loss of chrono, and slowly lost popularity. Although strange helped by making mobs and the shop and the BP notes, it wasn't out to good use meaning the hard work wasn't really worth it.
Sakura and I then had that fall out which eventually ended up with me being fired for being "immature" which I personally think it's a bit odd as I was a senior person at the time in BP. Anyways, what happened, happened and BP continued slowly dying. Somfic was busy being a mod, Richie was away or was doing other things or putting their back into some handy work, i.e, working on games and tidying the place up/fixing things and sakura was being manager/dev/host at the same time. Around the time of me being fired, 3 new hosts were hired; SpiderPig2323, _iCookie and FoxyCorp, all of which who hosted next to no events after the first few weeks. They had lost enthusiasm.
Alot of projects were left unfinished and sakura rushed around trying to do everything which was a bold move but put extreme stress on her and was partially the reason to her leaving.
As time passed, BP bled dry and when sakura announced her leave, it died. Manager gone, co-manager/mod overseer busy being a mod and 3 hosts doing no hosting.
That brings us onto now.

I am here suggesting to do revival attempt to BP and make it more popular again.

The process

Firstly, I will take you through everything I am suggesting to do in hope someone else or myself can take the project and revive it to the suggestions below.

1. Take BP and shut it completely down. Finish all remaining contracts and leave everything that needs to be finished.
In this it would involve reliving all positions and keep in mind that the hosts/others who were part of the original BP would have a much greater chance of being re-hired in the new project.
In this process, all BP notes would be recalled. All ones in storage would be removed and anyone owning BP notes who wishes to sell them, can for the value BP is in Forsalse (1BP = 2F) and anyone who wishes to keep them as collectables may do so. This would make another rare go onto the market and help out the circulation of money. Since the item wouldn't be reproduced, they would remain as rares and would hold/increase value.
Remember, this would include keeping all the villagers in the newfound H.E.L.L shop and keep everything in the original BP preserved untill further notice.

2. Rebrand the whole of BP to ArcticWinter's original version of BP, 'H.E.L.L'.This would mean that instead of BP staying the same old BP, it would be revamped as a different brand, a much older one which has more to it than minigames.

3. Talk to strange about lessons in custom item and mob making.
*Note* this would only be for the manager of the revived BP.

4. Take all current minigames and remake all of them into mob/item related games. This would mean:
Water attack - mob drops changed, item restrictions changed to revived BP standard issue armour/items.
Boss Battle - Adding the "boss"
Maze - Finish remaking it and add custom mobs/drops to the mobs spawning in the maze
PvP - Keep the PvP the same with standard issue revived BP kit though and have once the winner has defeated the other player, they go up against a custom mob in the chance to win even more.
The bee - Supply standard revived BP kit and add better mob drops to the mobs.
Parkour - Add custom skeletons trying to shoot you off. Item reward at the end after completion.
2 extra new games - decide later.
All this would be updated and customised in hope that the shop can be made into a custom drop trading center where the custom drops can be traded for items and it would also make you have to maybe go to several events to get the different drops to buy the item.
This is more conventional than trying to start a completely new currency and will result in a much expanded market.

5. Re-hire hosts, contracters, managers, ect. and get the place rebuilt and ready to run.

6. Make a grand opening and make the hype properly real by reaching out to companies to build the opening stage/set up the displays (fireworks, ect.) and events.
This brings peoples attention and makes the first impression look good. This is one of the keys to keep the revived BP (H.E.L.L) alive and so making sure rules are set of inactivity and all.

7. Run the new founded H.E.L.L as a player/staff run events department and keep it running to make people have another reason to stay into HelloMiners and let new people and veterans too relax and have some fun too while still advancing in the economy and making a wee bit of money.


Thank you all for reading and I will come back to edit any points brought up which I have missed. Sorry for bad grammar and all though, it's 00:33am and I'm trying this on my phone!

Please consider and vote in the poll!

~Doodle
Last edited by _DJDoodle_ on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Founder of Cape Coral!

Ex-Battle Palace Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#UnbanRaZr_BaRe
#BribgBackFunboi28

Re: [Discussion] Reviving BP

Postby ~Spider » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:44 pm

Well I have hosted mini games when i start but recently no one wants to play them

I haven't been added to the discord BP topics stuff so half the time I don't know whats going on

I like this idea and would like to be apart of it
_DJDoodle_ likes this post.
<Spiderpig2323>
--------------------------------------------------------------
HelloMiners Player Since May 19th 2016
Owner And Founder Of Item World Inc.
25% Owner Of ACE Mega Stores
Networth: F2,500,000
Top Balance: F632,000
--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [Discussion] Reviving BP

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:49 pm

~Spider wrote:Well I have hosted mini games when i start but recently no one wants to play them

I haven't been added to the discord BP topics stuff so half the time I don't know whats going on

I like this idea and would like to be apart of it


That's great to hear!
There was only 1 main BP chat and it was just a general one for discussions. If that ever happens, tell an admin to add you because if it's a big job, it's important!

Another thing I forgot to say was that this idea would have to be very organised and at first, a small team would develop the mobs and drops and items because it's hard to organise things in complexity with 10 odd people.

If this works, can't wait to see you on the project!!!
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Founder of Cape Coral!

Ex-Battle Palace Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#UnbanRaZr_BaRe
#BribgBackFunboi28

Re: [Discussion] Reviving BP

Postby ~Spider » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:29 am

_DJDoodle_ wrote:
~Spider wrote:Well I have hosted mini games when i start but recently no one wants to play them

I haven't been added to the discord BP topics stuff so half the time I don't know whats going on

I like this idea and would like to be apart of it


That's great to hear!
There was only 1 main BP chat and it was just a general one for discussions. If that ever happens, tell an admin to add you because if it's a big job, it's important!

Another thing I forgot to say was that this idea would have to be very organised and at first, a small team would develop the mobs and drops and items because it's hard to organise things in complexity with 10 odd people.

If this works, can't wait to see you on the project!!!



well i asked Missilegamer but he did really believe me and he said "I'll do it later" (a week ago)
<Spiderpig2323>
--------------------------------------------------------------
HelloMiners Player Since May 19th 2016
Owner And Founder Of Item World Inc.
25% Owner Of ACE Mega Stores
Networth: F2,500,000
Top Balance: F632,000
--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: [Discussion] Reviving BP

Postby skunkdonkey » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:29 am

why do I feel like this is a way to try and get you back on the project?

Anyway, moving on. The hosts have actually been trying to host events, but, because there are no new and fun exciting events, no-one wants to play them as they have played them 10+ times before. The problem with this sort of idea is events cannot be produced quick enough until people get bored of them. You need to maybe have a cycle of games which you go through, so it is different games most of the time.

Essentially, the problem I fear with doing a big "revamp" is that the exact same thing will happen - every one will get bored and not bother joining BP games as they have played them too much, making the host lose morale and host less games for the people who want to play. And all of that after making a load of games and hiring a load of new people.
ur mum innit

buy from rotoyl superstore or ur mum gay, and you wouldn't want that would you.

Image

Re: [Discussion] Reviving BP

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:10 am

skunkdonkey wrote:why do I feel like this is a way to try and get you back on the project?

Anyway, moving on. The hosts have actually been trying to host events, but, because there are no new and fun exciting events, no-one wants to play them as they have played them 10+ times before. The problem with this sort of idea is events cannot be produced quick enough until people get bored of them. You need to maybe have a cycle of games which you go through, so it is different games most of the time.

Essentially, the problem I fear with doing a big "revamp" is that the exact same thing will happen - every one will get bored and not bother joining BP games as they have played them too much, making the host lose morale and host less games for the people who want to play. And all of that after making a load of games and hiring a load of new people.


I completely understand you skunk.
I'm doing this cause I was the most senior person in BP before I was fired. I have the most expirence (bar somfic who is a bit busy) In this now that sak is gone. I liked BP very much and I am gonna say this. BP died when I was fired. I don't want it to stay dead bc it was so fun and built to have an escape from the money making side of the server. Why should I just stand and spectate? I wanna be back on the project only to revamp it and carry it on from there. The only reason I was fired is bc I asked 5 questions which were all answered with "Strange" but sak though it was "me" :P there is literally nothing wrong with me attempting to get back on the project because it was a massive misunderstanding that caused this to happen :(
Given that people lose interest fast, what will happen is we will take time to make all the events new mobs and items and also have a few other mobs with items to add to keep the hype up.

What we will need to do is have some people pumping out good mobs and items to replace/add to keep it looking good. This will take massive organisation skills and will be very tough and that's why I'm suggesting it.

~Doodle
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Founder of Cape Coral!

Ex-Battle Palace Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#UnbanRaZr_BaRe
#BribgBackFunboi28

Re: [Discussion] Reviving BP

Postby MyNameIsSakura » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:06 am

I had everything set for the new games. I had given jobs out for all the games and everything but then people were not delivering to me and not completing their jobs at all. With Boss Battle Steven was supposed to upload a mob for it but idk what happened with that in all honesty. I was trying my best back then but there was only ever so much I could do. If people could have finished jobs that were given to them then BP would have been fine.

O and just a side note a few things. I never said I quit I do not recall that I said a break sand I never said I quit because of BP. I quit because of school as I need the summer and first few months of next school year to get organised and stuff as I am going into an important year and such. Ik my appeal created a bit of confusion but that was just a time when I got a little bit bored so yeah. Anyways that's it from me. If you need any info on who was hired for jobs and such just msg me on discord
_DJDoodle_ likes this post.
Inactive :)

Re: [Discussion] Reviving BP

Postby ~Cookie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:30 am

Is Bp hosts didn’t lose motivation to do our job. If you weren’t fired maybe you would understand that it’s hard to find players who want to do events and when we do there are rarely enough.
I'm on snap and discord. Other than that consider me dead.

Image
Battle Palace Host

Approved Cookie

Authorized Overlord

Discord is XL_Cookie#4364

Re: [Discussion] Reviving BP

Postby ~Cookie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:56 am

When you say you had the most “experience” I find this to be false. Sure anyone can have seniority by sitting around a server for a few years but experience is earned. When you were having your immature break down you said you only had ever connected a few doors and little things like that.

Sure your suggestions seem like they could work but when you backhand the project who wants to listen to a fired possibly disgruntled player.
I'm on snap and discord. Other than that consider me dead.

Image
Battle Palace Host

Approved Cookie

Authorized Overlord

Discord is XL_Cookie#4364

Re: [Discussion] Reviving BP

Postby _DJDoodle_ » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:57 pm

MyNameIsSakura wrote:I had everything set for the new games. I had given jobs out for all the games and everything but then people were not delivering to me and not completing their jobs at all. With Boss Battle Steven was supposed to upload a mob for it but idk what happened with that in all honesty. I was trying my best back then but there was only ever so much I could do. If people could have finished jobs that were given to them then BP would have been fine.

O and just a side note a few things. I never said I quit I do not recall that I said a break sand I never said I quit because of BP. I quit because of school as I need the summer and first few months of next school year to get organised and stuff as I am going into an important year and such. Ik my appeal created a bit of confusion but that was just a time when I got a little bit bored so yeah. Anyways that's it from me. If you need any info on who was hired for jobs and such just msg me on discord


Yeah youre right about the ban thing. I thought you were leaving for a bit.
I also meant that the stress of all the BP stuff looked like it was taking its toll and was a partial reason you made that desicion.

Strange has taken time off and I really hope that those events you had organised with all those contracters could be finished then the revival attempt edits the games and adds loads of cool mobs and drops to trade in the shop.

Just, since you were banned, I thought that it meant you were no longer manager. Doesn't matter what the reason but if someone's banned, they generally lose their gov jobs :(((.
Not gonna stop pushing for this!!!


~Cookie wrote:Is Bp hosts didn’t lose motivation to do our job. If you weren’t fired maybe you would understand that it’s hard to find players who want to do events and when we do there are rarely enough.


I have been a host and I know the struggles. That's why I'm suggesting this to happen. There isn't enough hype to carry it on the way it is. This suggestion is for revamping the games existing and making the hype real.
Sorry if I said you lost enthusiasm. I meant that there was no enthuasim from the players themselfs.


~Cookie wrote:When you say you had the most “experience” I find this to be false. Sure anyone can have seniority by sitting around a server for a few years but experience is earned. When you were having your immature break down you said you only had ever connected a few doors and little things like that.

Sure your suggestions seem like they could work but when you backhand the project who wants to listen to a fired possibly disgruntled player.


Firstly, I am definitely one of the most expirenced players with BP. I got first-hand teaching from Chrono and currently am the longest active player who was in BP (excluding staff).
Secondly, "imature breakdown". Did you see the message I was sent? Did you actually see what happened in all the smaller group chats made to discuss the matter? I'd advise not to comment on things you have no idea about and stop being so salty since BP is dead.
I'm not having a grudge. I'm trying to rebuild something I worked in for a good time and care about. People are listening to decoration. Something I take seriously.
Please keep on-topic and discuss this suggestion instead of digging at something you weren't part of and know nothing of.

~Doodle
~Cookie likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Founder of Cape Coral!

Ex-Battle Palace Developer

#I'mWithBeta
#UnbanRaZr_BaRe
#BribgBackFunboi28

Next