Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Total restart, a new beginning

Total restart, a new beginning

Want to make a suggestion for the server? Post it here.

Total restart, a new beginning

Postby taloju » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:10 pm

Before reading this, I want you to think about the gain before the loss, see the positive side and not the one you are leaving behind.

This suggestion is based on an element that I consider crucial to allow the integration of more and new players to HM: a total restart.

But, what does a total reset mean? Basically, it is to return to the beginning, to put all the players in the same conditions to create big cities and take a different course. All the existing constructions would be eliminated, to give way to a totally natural map in which the current users are those who put the first stone and give way to the beginning of everything.
The forests would be forests again, and the villages would be free again.

New users, like the old ones, would have the same possibilities of going far, of forming cities and generating profits.
The users would come gradually, and would find wide maps in which they can build and develop their economic vision.
It sounds crazy? Well, it is not. I have heard many moderators, users and even veterans say that this is a good possibility to revive our beloved server.

The first day that I arrived at HM (in January 2017), I thought "what am I going to do here besides buying an apartment? The cities are already made, there are more cities than active users". This is what many new users should think. " Great buildings, people with jobs, I already have an apartment, now what?" [/ i]

The big problem with HM is that many people enter and little remains. If all the people who enter the server saw a real opportunity to become a millionaire, they would stay and invest their time and money here. However, seeing people with more than 1M, large cities and without wanting to spend it, means that users do not feel part of the community. Do not see real opportunities to get to that.

Surely all the great millionaires of the server are from the beginning. If we want to revive and even boost HM we must start again, create a new beginning.

Many people may think: "[i]surely you say it because you will not lose anything, unlike us
". Well, they are wrong. I have invested many hours in HM, I had a company, now a city, and money that would logically hurt me to lose. However, I understand the need for the server to start again, it would be good for me, for those who come and for those who have always been. Everyone would win with a total reset.

The benefits of this are greater than the losses. We are here to have fun, to create, to experiment. When you have a lot of money, cities and houses, all you have to do is walk around the map. Would not it be more productive to start over? Do what you did not do at this time?

Now we all have the tools and enough experience to have money, we can all get to the top after what we have experienced in HM.

I've been here for several months now, and all I want is to see how this server grows and progresses, because most of us missed that precious moment that is the beginning.

You can not win without losing, it is necessary to make small sacrifices to have huge profits.

I want to make it clear that this idea is not mine, I heard it one day from the moder Felipe

Please see further. Being on a server is obvious that one day you will lose everything you built, the important thing is the educational gain you receive, the experience.
Last edited by taloju on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
12 people like this post.
Taloju

Owner of the city of Ancient Greece

7 years of experience in minecraft

Contact me for economy or build Jobs.

Re: Total restart, a new beginning

Postby ~Bloom » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:14 pm

no
11 people like this post.
Owner Of Fresco Inc

Postby MrSuperRed » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:17 pm

Or just fix our current issues and not destroy everything we've made over a course of what - like 5 years?
Most players would quit over the loss of everything, why not just fix out current issues and be on with? It's a cowards way out of a situation.

It's like if you have an easy to remove virus on your computer, download a few anti-virus softwares and get rid of the virus or reset your computer and delete everything. Better to just take a bit of extra time to rid it with anti-virus, then you keep everything you already had on your computer.
10 people like this post.
Hey!

GSNR Co. (25% equity owner)
SuperRed Inc. (100% equity owner)

"No one has changed the world by following what the world has told them to do" - some guy on tedx forget his name

Net Worth: 3m

Postby ~Foxy » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Nope....
I worked a year on my massive projects....
MrMPPG likes this post.
Gunnydawg
CEO and Founder of:
Stardust
Entertainment
Co-owner Of Utusaki Meadows
Manager of Ferron Island
HM Player since August 2016

"So shine bright tonight,
You and I
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Eye to eye,
So alive
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky
Shine bright like a diamond" Diamonds by Rihanna

Postby ~Http » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:20 pm

No. Why? Because no one wants to have to spend all of their time to rebuild everything. The years spend making government cities, the time spend fixing mon-bay, the millions making stark tower, pelican hills, etc would go down the drain. This wouldn't change everything because everything would just go back to normal in 2-4 years. We need a permeant solution. Not "TAKE EVERYTHING FROM EVERYONE AND CALL IT GOOD" solutions.
2 people like this post.
"I like putting random quotes everywhere, even if they mean nothing like this. -Httpoverlord

"The government buying cobble leads to more teletubbies spawning in RiverCity" ~CommandoBeta
"squeleton" ~Yootay
[+] Random Things
http://imgur.com/1K4ST6Q.png

Postby TrumpVoter » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:20 pm

This kind of reminds me of AdVenture Capitalist with the angels and restarting :lol:.

But anyway.

I see how this suggestion could be beneficial. However, how about the players who are in the middle of starting a company? Maybe they have a few buildings and are just starting to profit off of them. These players may be a bit angry as they have worked so hard just for it all to be restarted.

I guess for this to work we would need to implement many past suggestions for this new beginning as many mistakes have been learned from.

Obviously, there are numerous pros and cons and I feel the server would be very split on deciding whether to implement this idea or not.
4 people like this post.
Co-owner of RidgeCorp
Owner and CEO of TamarackEnterprises

Postby taloju » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:20 pm

MrSuperRed wrote:Or just fix our current issues and not destroy everything we've made over a course of what - like 5 years?
Most players would quit over the loss of everything, why not just fix out current issues and be on with? It's a cowards way out of a situation.

It's like if you have an easy to remove virus on your computer, download a few anti-virus softwares and get rid of the virus or reset your computer and delete everything. Better to just take a bit of extra time to rid it with anti-virus, then you keep everything you already had on your computer.

It seems a very bad analogy, I'm not proposing a solution to end the problems, I'm proposing an idea to revitalize the server, which is different. A restart is a gain, it is an opportunity to start again and do what you did not do, live what you did not live. Those 5 years were not for the "work", but for the experience and development, something that would be better if we started again.
2 people like this post.
Taloju

Owner of the city of Ancient Greece

7 years of experience in minecraft

Contact me for economy or build Jobs.

Postby nightemperor » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:21 pm

Nope. However I'd like to see old inactive cities get demolished or auctioned.
2 people like this post.
Owner of Teslo Incorporated & Creator of Hellominers Guide ( https://HMguide.info )
Also known as ~Lucifer, yes you should fear me
[14:02:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Santa> how about not be a hobo and buy a decent computer

Postby ~Ben » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:25 pm

This isn't a very good idea, many players have memories on the current map that we would hate to lose. There are better alternatives to this like once again increasing the requirements to make and maintain a city and expand the map more frequently.
2 people like this post.

Postby wobbuffett » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:28 pm

There is no way I'm giving up my 400k for that
2 people like this post.
I couldn't figure out how to put a picture here.

Next