Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised


Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Want to make a suggestion for the server? Post it here.

Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Poll ended at Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:56 pm

Yes
14
61%
No (explain why)
9
39%
 
Total votes : 23

Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby o_o » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Here's the Pros and Cons for this

Pros:
Allows players to make money efficiently while the obsidian shop is still down
Can boost the economy in wealth status

Cons:
The super rich will be triggered because they hate competition
MrSuperRed likes this post.

Re: Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby aidanuno » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:00 pm

Great suggestion, looks like a valid argument. +1 From SlantedState/~Frozone

Re: Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby Sweg » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Not too much of an increase, maybe 2-3f more a stack.

It’s insanely easy to mine but it’s hard to mass mine with breaking pickaxes, getting food, warping and selling it then going back, etc. it’s a way for poorer players to make money and it’s a bit harder than most realize.

+1
MrSuperRed likes this post.
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old IGN: JenicasSnapchat-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 300k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Owner of: Sigma Corp-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: Valencia-=-=-=-=-=

PC IS BROKEN.

likely won't be on till August 11 on pc

Re: Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby MrSuperRed » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:12 pm

Sweg wrote:Not too much of an increase, maybe 2-3f more a stack.

It’s insanely easy to mine but it’s hard to mass mine with breaking pickaxes, getting food, warping and selling it then going back, etc. it’s a way for poorer players to make money and it’s a bit harder than most realize.

+1

^^
But to correct your con, wealthy players would not be 'super triggered', as we would have the same opportunity to make as much money as you, reasonably more (because of better tools, etc.). It's not effectively bad :P. But in actuality, admins would be upset. As for some reason (without any valid explanation) hate 'free money'. Which in turn, is not free, due to the reasons sweg stated, alongside it have many more benefits then cons.

+1
~Tunnel likes this post.
Hey!

GSNR Co. (25% equity owner)
SuperRed Inc. (100% equity owner)

"No one has changed the world by following what the world has told them to do" - some guy on tedx forget his name

Net Worth: 3m

Re: Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby o_o » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:21 pm

Sweg wrote:Not too much of an increase, maybe 2-3f more a stack.

It’s insanely easy to mine but it’s hard to mass mine with breaking pickaxes, getting food, warping and selling it then going back, etc. it’s a way for poorer players to make money and it’s a bit harder than most realize.

+1

Players can set their /home in the unregioned parts of the nether, and have their bed spawn in their house / apartment. That makes it easy to mass mine, but the costs to buy XP potions is more than obsidian, which is one reason why imo the sell price for netherrack should be increased.

Re: Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby o_o » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:22 am

Bump

Re: Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby shrihan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:14 am

Please do not mind my ignorance, but I am still confused as to why people are freaking out so much about the obsidian shop, and now things like this is happening. The gov trading center is a way for new players to start out and make a little bit of money, it was never meant to be a place where people make sh*tloads of forsals, and get hundreds of thousands of forsals in weeks. The obsidian shop was never a problem until recently, and the nether rack shop shouldn't be a problem. To take a line from CommandoBeta's book, people are trying to find loopholes and exploits and are simply "making the game too easy".
I do not think it is fair that just because people joined later than others, they get a jumpstart because of the obsidian towers.

"It makes the game too easy"

- CommandoBeta, 2016
Founder of ShrihanEstate inc.
CEO of ShrihanEstate inc.
Owner of ShrihanEstate inc.
~shrishri
~CUBBIESFORLIFE
Happily married to Montego Bay for 2 years
Ironball and Polo Manager for Montego Bay

Re: Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby shrihan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:16 am

Sweg wrote:Not too much of an increase, maybe 2-3f more a stack.

It’s insanely easy to mine but it’s hard to mass mine with breaking pickaxes, getting food, warping and selling it then going back, etc. it’s a way for poorer players to make money and it’s a bit harder than most realize.

+1

Mending my friend, mending
Founder of ShrihanEstate inc.
CEO of ShrihanEstate inc.
Owner of ShrihanEstate inc.
~shrishri
~CUBBIESFORLIFE
Happily married to Montego Bay for 2 years
Ironball and Polo Manager for Montego Bay

Re: Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby MrSuperRed » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:18 am

shrihan wrote:
Sweg wrote:Not too much of an increase, maybe 2-3f more a stack.

It’s insanely easy to mine but it’s hard to mass mine with breaking pickaxes, getting food, warping and selling it then going back, etc. it’s a way for poorer players to make money and it’s a bit harder than most realize.

+1

Mending my friend, mending


Mending costs XP bottles, which are relatively expensive nowadays (F2.5/bottle) due to the complete shut down on wither farming (we still have levels to exp converters though :P). Or, you can spend 15 mins at a farm to repair your unbreaking 3 pickaxe half way :) .
Hey!

GSNR Co. (25% equity owner)
SuperRed Inc. (100% equity owner)

"No one has changed the world by following what the world has told them to do" - some guy on tedx forget his name

Net Worth: 3m

Re: Should the Netherrack Sell Price be Raised

Postby shrihan » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:20 am

jojojujujackjack wrote:
Sweg wrote:Not too much of an increase, maybe 2-3f more a stack.

It’s insanely easy to mine but it’s hard to mass mine with breaking pickaxes, getting food, warping and selling it then going back, etc. it’s a way for poorer players to make money and it’s a bit harder than most realize.

+1

Players can set their /home in the unregioned parts of the nether, and have their bed spawn in their house / apartment. That makes it easy to mass mine, but the costs to buy XP potions is more than obsidian, which is one reason why imo the sell price for netherrack should be increased.


Your point of it being easy to mass mine is counter intuitive, if it is easy to mass mine, shouldn't nether rack price be decreased? Also, you said that xp bottles are rlly expensive, but mending is cheaper than ever.
Sweg likes this post.
Founder of ShrihanEstate inc.
CEO of ShrihanEstate inc.
Owner of ShrihanEstate inc.
~shrishri
~CUBBIESFORLIFE
Happily married to Montego Bay for 2 years
Ironball and Polo Manager for Montego Bay

Next

cron