Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Hellominers Fansite/Wiki

Hellominers Fansite/Wiki

Want to make a suggestion for the server? Post it here.

Hellominers Fansite/Wiki

Postby nightemperor » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:18 pm

So I've been on Hellominers for quite a few months now and one of the things that annoys me the most is the lack of information and the structure of information. Allow me to explain.

A lot of city owners have a topic with information about their city, but there are enough who don't. Often the information that you are looking for (like directions or information about businesses etc) is hard to find or outdated.
So I was thinking of building a clean site with all information about cities and major businesses on HM. Where you'll be able to find basic city information, directions, history, plots that are up for sale, announcements of a city government etc. It will all be on a voluntary basis, no forsals or real money involved.

I mean, City owners (and citizens) could get creative and make up cool history stories about their cities etc. Plus It would be easier to read city rules or to find a city / major business in general. City owners could refer to their city page in a message for updates instead of using a long topic url leading to a topic full with irrelevant comments.

Example "By buying this plot you agree to the city rules of Sycamore City, read the rules on HMcities.com/SycamoreCity/

I can easily make this website and I'll take care of hosting and domain.
However, Hellominers is not a brand or brandname that I control, so I just want to know whether this idea is okay by the admin and whether people are interested in volunteering.
3 people like this post.

Re: Hellominers Fansite/Wiki

Postby minininja » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Well, first off someone else has been working on an app that does the exact same thing, I forgot the name of it but I think he/she posted it in the announcements forums so feel free to contact them about helping out with the project. However, what you could also do is make a very detailed forum post and request a staff member to lock it and (possibly) put it along with the other staff-made posts.

Postby ~Cookie » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Sounds like the forum.

-CEO of C&C Designs - Great designs for a even greater price!

- CEO of Power Block Lottery -Hellominers most popular lotto! Lottos every month!

-Owner of Vc Black Stall- Cheapest Elytras, Shulker Boxes and Exp bottles around!

Postby Medno » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:35 pm

I guess that's the idea of the forum, it would be useful if they added a new section to the website with 'information' which would then divide into 'Cities', 'Businesses' and 'Other' (or something along those lines) so that if you need to find something it's easier to get to.
Player since 2015.
Solis City Owner.

Postby ~Bmatt » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:49 pm

I see where you're coming from. It is very essential to have a topic for your city which gives specific information about it so players can easily navigate around the city. I think in the future, city owners should be required to make one of these topics that give information on their city. This can effectively make it easier for players to find apartments or shops, or wherever they are looking for in select cities.
Visit the OreStore topic! - Our factory will be built soon! Stay tuned
Visit the Sunset Springs topic! -Cool new additions! Check us out by clicking the link!
Stats!-
HM player since October 6th 2013, Former Veteran Staff Member, Sunset Springs & OreStore Founder, 7th millionare on HM.
"Being wealthy should not be considered a supremacy or grant, but an incredible achievement one has earned from years of work dedication" -CallMeBmatt 2017

Postby ~Tunnel » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:55 pm

YourAverageName | ~Tunnel
HM Player since 2016/6/9
HM Staff since 2017/5/21
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-
2017/10/20. We did it. #Spart4Admin

Postby d0dleysvrz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:54 pm

it would require an active staff team to update it. Otherwise that website is gonna get outdated anyway... Maybe get a clearer system for official business posts and city posts.
-Doods
CEO of DOME
Founder of DOME city
HM Veteran

Assets: 146.170F

Postby nightemperor » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:00 pm

True it would take some work, btw I like Tunnels idea of a wikia.

Postby xX_LukePlayz_Xx » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:48 pm

I just uploaded a list of gov cities on our Wikia page! Be sure to edit it incase of anything.
"Don't steal anything you dirty gypsie!" -Y2Kkid
"Do you take this stick to be your wife?" -Senjara
"You may now kiss the stick." -Senjara