Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Approved Command Block Usage?

Approved Command Block Usage?

Want to make a suggestion for the server? Post it here.

Re: Approved Command Block Usage?

Postby Gold___ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:56 am

Marc wrote:
_DJDoodle_ wrote:yeah but how can u stop people putting /stop into the command block by using command blocks xD? just what if someone bypasses some of the region plugins and stuff?

apart from that im up for it :D

They are suggesting for us admins to add them for players that need them. To answer your concern, It's not possible for players to use command blocks at all. By standard for all servers, you have to be opped and in creative mode in order to use it, which only admins can do.

I'm sort of neutral on it, there are many benefits but there are concerns as I mentioned above.

If we made these very expensive to use, then sure it may be worth implementing because it would limit the amount of the command blocks we would need to add for players.

Hopefully I contributed, would like to hear other staff's thoughts. ;)

What is it was like twice a year thing for premium, with restrictions

Player Since March 2016
Ign: Gold___
Current Bal: 39
Host of [Soon to be] 'The Price Is Right'

Postby Cheerios32 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:12 am

Gold___ wrote:
Marc wrote:
_DJDoodle_ wrote:yeah but how can u stop people putting /stop into the command block by using command blocks xD? just what if someone bypasses some of the region plugins and stuff?

apart from that im up for it :D

They are suggesting for us admins to add them for players that need them. To answer your concern, It's not possible for players to use command blocks at all. By standard for all servers, you have to be opped and in creative mode in order to use it, which only admins can do.

I'm sort of neutral on it, there are many benefits but there are concerns as I mentioned above.

If we made these very expensive to use, then sure it may be worth implementing because it would limit the amount of the command blocks we would need to add for players.

Hopefully I contributed, would like to hear other staff's thoughts. ;)

What is it was like twice a year thing for premium, with restrictions

Kind of annoying for non premium (ie. Most) players.

Also, here are commands I suggest would be allowed:
    1. /summon (Allows mob arenas to be created. Disallow FallingSand entities unless with {Time:0} argument.
    2. /setblock air and /fill air (Allows complex place deny areas that can be activated/deactivated at will.
    Should be run with "0 destroy" arguments)
    3. /execute (Allows cool custom mobs and effects to be made. Has a maximum radius of, say, 20)
    4. /say, /tellraw, /title, /tell (Allows redstone triggered messages. Disallow openLink action unless link is checked.)
    5. /testfor (Allows proximity detectors)
    6. /testforblock(s) (Checks for a block/blocks for e.g. capture the flag)
There may be more, but these spring to mind.
Net worth:Depressingly non-existent

NEED A REDSTONER? (pm me)
Creator of the Paradise fountain light show.

Postby ArcticWinter » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:24 am

And what would prevent people from abusing it after we leave the command block? :?

You can alter the redstone around it and wire it up to a clock gate. You can will spam what ever the function of the command block is.
3 people like this post.

Postby xX_LukePlayz_Xx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:22 am

Bump
Check out mah thoughts on my topic.
"Don't steal anything you dirty gypsie!" -Y2Kkid
"Do you take this stick to be your wife?" -Senjara
"You may now kiss the stick." -Senjara

Postby ~Zman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:43 pm

ArcticWinter wrote:And what would prevent people from abusing it after we leave the command block? :?

You can alter the redstone around it and wire it up to a clock gate. You can will spam what ever the function of the command block is.

This can be prevented by using commands that can't be abused. You can also make a small region around the command blocks so that the redstone can't be edited.
Player since February 15th 2014!

When in doubt, read the Rules!

Make sure to leave a like on the post if you agree or like the post!

Proud owner of Estes!

Postby Cheerios32 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:55 pm

ArcticWinter wrote:And what would prevent people from abusing it after we leave the command block? :?

Nothing but if a command is being run 10 times a second then there may be something wrong.
Net worth:Depressingly non-existent

NEED A REDSTONER? (pm me)
Creator of the Paradise fountain light show.

Postby Sweg » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Entry deny around everything but the button/lever/etc
~Zman likes this post.
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old IGN: JenicasSnapchat-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 300k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Owner of: Sigma Corp-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: Valencia-=-=-=-=-=

PC IS BROKEN.

likely won't be on till August 11 on pc

Postby ~Zman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:22 am

Bump!

Proud owner of Estes!

Postby The_Gaming_Cow » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:51 am

TheKing2314 wrote:
benjwu2 wrote:
~Cookie wrote:Like 5k per command block would be cool.

Maybe a little higher? I get the impression that the people who would be chiefly concerned with these things would be more advanced and wealthier players.

1,000,000F per command block :roll:

Thats to much. Maybe 10-50K if city land value is under 999K, If it is over 1 mil 5K, Over 2 mil 2.5K, 3 mil up first 3 free than 1K for another. Then You can only have like 1-2 command blocks active in your city at a time. stuff like that

Postby ~Zman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 am

Bump!

Proud owner of Estes!

Previous