Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Suggestions Suggestion discussions Law and courthouses

Law and courthouses

Made a suggestion for the server? Discuss it here.
Moderator: HelloMiners Admin
Forum rules
This section is solely for discussing suggestions posted in the Suggestions forum section.
Please ensure you include a link at the top of your topic with the link to the suggestion topic in the forum mentioned above.
When naming your topic, please use the same name as the suggestion, followed by "- discussion"

Re: Law and courthouses

Postby Mcnuggets88 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:34 pm

I understand those issues but if the judge is the moderator team, the lawyers can only present evidence meaning it is fair.

Re: Law and courthouses

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:49 am

Cheerios32 wrote:
fluffythebunnyx wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:Possible problem:

In a fully fair legal system, you are tried by your peers, who are vetted before they are put on the case to ensure they have no personal interest in the outcome or other loyalties that may cause problems.

In a country that's not a problem.

In a small community, that's more of an issue.

Yeah I agree, with about 100-150 memorable players top, almost everybody knows each other so people tend to have strong opinions of each other or don't care about them so work for the benefit of themselves. But I think we can kinda incorporate the ideas of players by allowing discussions on reports/appeals without them being locked, it is inevitable that in most circumstances people will disagree however combined with full transparency with all parties involved (including staff) we can make punishments more fair and fitting to the situation.

Generally not locking reports and appeals enables lots and lots of very aggressive flamewars.

Well even if you lock the topic, those disagreements are still there and then end up being brought to chat and discord or ignored but with still feelings of resentment. Just because people cant argue on the one forum post, doesn't mean they wont disagree further with the same or other topics in the same "aggressive" way, either out of spite or just a continuation of an argument.
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Previous