Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Other The Community....


The Community....

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, you can post it here.

The Community....

Postby Goodbye4EVER » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:49 pm

Hey y'all,
Today i wanted to talk about the most important imo thing of a server like HelloMiners , The COMMUNITY. Back at 2016 when i first joined , users of the HM were more united as a family , as a real community. In server issues they always helped , most of the ppl were willing to help everyone , ESPECIALLY new players. Now , 3 years later , all this has collapsed. The community is now just like irl; PROFIT- POPULARITY Based. That means , that most of the ppl only care about the profit, not for the community (capitalism), and when i say popularity-based , i mean that most ''credits'' are given to the most popular players. Like in a contest , the talent doesnt matter anymore . Its all about the popularity. The community has turned to be very very hard on new players , which is a shame . Player- Helpers were supposed to help , i wont say they didnt at whole but it doesnt have great results , as most of the new players get bored and quit , which in addition with veterans quitting , it makes Hellominers smaller. Another thing i want to issue is the negativity and the arrogance some players bring. They care only and only for themselves. They talk in a very negative way , full arrogance and only self-caring.
Now Why did i list all those above? Is there a point?
Ive seen multiple times in those months the downfall of HM first hand , like many others. Its depressing to see a server like this to be at the edge of the cliff. It annoys me the fact that only the staff team is blamed. The staff team is trying everything within their power to help , even though high-ranked admins like ofc Winter , succeeded, the owner ofc arent active AT ALL. Ofc as a community we have every right to comment on the staff team , this happens most of the time. But its not only their fault. We as a community at whole have problems. We need to unite in order to help the server. Leave the profits aside. Work for the good for all ffs. Now that the server is in trouble , we have to UNITE , in order to help . We have to stop looking for the good of ourselves and look out for the good of the server . The server must be over everything and everyone . The good of the server should be a priority. We as a community have to see what we have done wrong and fix it. The key to be stable is a strong community , a united community.
Its our last chance.Lets create a future for us and the new ones coming.
11 people like this post.

Re: The Community....

Postby MrPumpcan » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:42 pm

Amen
Goodbye4EVER likes this post.
Image

Companies/Citys I Own

Pumpcan Corp
Cookiemon
Palm Shores
Centx Banks
Eagleton City

Net Worth 350K+
#I'mWithBeta - Spread the hashtag.

Re: The Community....

Postby MrNuggly » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:06 pm

I agree with some of the stuff on here, and don't totally disagree with the other parts but would critique your reasoning. I agree with players being arrogant, and would like to say that this applies to basically almost every single staff member. When someone becomes staff they instantly change, at first they're timid and trying to get people to like them and then once they get staff they get narcissistic about their position and think it means they're better than the rest of the players. Examples are Felipe, Zactheman, Stevenstrange (incredibly), and luc (although I dont think he necessarily tried to make people like him like the other 3). This is not to "slander" them, its merely stating their behavior and their unfitness for being part of staff. A staff member who I would like to say is good is richie, because he is not narcissistic about his position and does what he thinks is necessary for the server. Another example of the ridiculous behavior is on the discord server, people who aren't even mods on the server, try to act powerful by giving out warnings without following the procedure. And after that, the staff ignores their incompetence and defends them no matter what. This stuff also happened in gbt's ban where rodney tried to defend their retarded ban and oza's unclear actions. I think spartan was partially a good admin for trying to fix the gov center (although maybe too late, not sure) but he, like the current existing admins, did not have a set idea on how the server should be. The server is now horribly inflated, no fun, and the only people who have money are those who've wasted hours on this server paining themselves just to make their balance higher. It's not even a game at that point it's just compulsive. The server shouldn't be united as a community but be a place for players to oppose each other. By doing this, maybe groups of people would work more closely together (if the server isn't already fucked at this point). Most servers that have been successful were places for different people to join and try to make their place at the top above the other players. This server sort of did this, but players only became at the top through hundreds and even thousands of hours of afking at farms or killing mobs, there are hardly any people at all who made their money from anything else. There is nothing now to make money from, people don't spend their money because there is nothing to buy, and there is nothing to buy because people are lazy as shit and can make more from just farming.

Re: The Community....

Postby 4K606 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:11 pm

MrNuggly wrote:I agree with some of the stuff on here, and don't totally disagree with the other parts but would critique your reasoning. I agree with players being arrogant, and would like to say that this applies to basically almost every single staff member. When someone becomes staff they instantly change, at first they're timid and trying to get people to like them and then once they get staff they get narcissistic about their position and think it means they're better than the rest of the players. Examples are Felipe, Zactheman, Stevenstrange (incredibly), and luc (although I dont think he necessarily tried to make people like him like the other 3). This is not to "slander" them, its merely stating their behavior and their unfitness for being part of staff. A staff member who I would like to say is good is richie, because he is not narcissistic about his position and does what he thinks is necessary for the server. Another example of the ridiculous behavior is on the discord server, people who aren't even mods on the server, try to act powerful by giving out warnings without following the procedure. And after that, the staff ignores their incompetence and defends them no matter what. This stuff also happened in gbt's ban where rodney tried to defend their retarded ban and oza's unclear actions. I think spartan was partially a good admin for trying to fix the gov center (although maybe too late, not sure) but he, like the current existing admins, did not have a set idea on how the server should be. The server is now horribly inflated, no fun, and the only people who have money are those who've wasted hours on this server paining themselves just to make their balance higher. It's not even a game at that point it's just compulsive. The server shouldn't be united as a community but be a place for players to oppose each other. By doing this, maybe groups of people would work more closely together (if the server isn't already fucked at this point). Most servers that have been successful were places for different people to join and try to make their place at the top above the other players. This server sort of did this, but players only became at the top through hundreds and even thousands of hours of afking at farms or killing mobs, there are hardly any people at all who made their money from anything else. There is nothing now to make money from, people don't spend their money because there is nothing to buy, and there is nothing to buy because people are lazy as shit and can make more from just farming.


Nuggly, Spart resigned because he that it was "bullshit."
Goodbye4EVER likes this post.
Joined Hellominers Feb. 14th 2017
West Helloclan Manager
Co-Creator of October Fest!
Private City Dept. Evaluator

"Solitude is dangerous. It's very addictive.
It becomes a habit after you realise how
peaceful and calm it is. It's like you don't want
to deal with people anymore because they
drain your energy."
- Jim Carrey

Re: The Community....

Postby AlexRocksIII » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:06 am

MrNuggly wrote:I agree with some of the stuff on here, and don't totally disagree with the other parts but would critique your reasoning. I agree with players being arrogant, and would like to say that this applies to basically almost every single staff member. When someone becomes staff they instantly change, at first they're timid and trying to get people to like them and then once they get staff they get narcissistic about their position and think it means they're better than the rest of the players. Examples are Felipe, Zactheman, Stevenstrange (incredibly), and luc (although I dont think he necessarily tried to make people like him like the other 3). This is not to "slander" them, its merely stating their behavior and their unfitness for being part of staff. A staff member who I would like to say is good is richie, because he is not narcissistic about his position and does what he thinks is necessary for the server. Another example of the ridiculous behavior is on the discord server, people who aren't even mods on the server, try to act powerful by giving out warnings without following the procedure. And after that, the staff ignores their incompetence and defends them no matter what. This stuff also happened in gbt's ban where rodney tried to defend their retarded ban and oza's unclear actions. I think spartan was partially a good admin for trying to fix the gov center (although maybe too late, not sure) but he, like the current existing admins, did not have a set idea on how the server should be. The server is now horribly inflated, no fun, and the only people who have money are those who've wasted hours on this server paining themselves just to make their balance higher. It's not even a game at that point it's just compulsive. The server shouldn't be united as a community but be a place for players to oppose each other. By doing this, maybe groups of people would work more closely together (if the server isn't already fucked at this point). Most servers that have been successful were places for different people to join and try to make their place at the top above the other players. This server sort of did this, but players only became at the top through hundreds and even thousands of hours of afking at farms or killing mobs, there are hardly any people at all who made their money from anything else. There is nothing now to make money from, people don't spend their money because there is nothing to buy, and there is nothing to buy because people are lazy as shit and can make more from just farming.


So true, the economy is completely screwed up. Lack of new players, players hoarding all of their money, and the complete grinding mentality on here is really terrible, not to mention the inflation. This server needs to stop acting like a factions server where everyone just grinds all day and night, it's a city/economy server ffs.

As a whole, this server needs to focus on bringing back the economy to being normal, or at least work on making a system that's engaging and fun for new players. Otherwise we'll be stuck in this negative feedback loop: New people are bored of this server, and leave so people can't make money easily --> rich people need to grind in their farms to get money --> rich people hoard money to buy land to make more farms or mansions, thus no capital or business can reach new players --> new players get bored, and then they leave --> cycle repeats itself.

Obviously these aren't all of the factors in why the server has been very unsuccessful as of late (and I could definitely be overlooking many things since I've only recently come out of inactivity), but I feel like the overall terrible economy is a huge issue that really needs to be addressed.

[+] other ranting
When I first came in 2016, it was insanely easy to get money from building simple apartments and buying a plot, and a lot of the players who bought apartments later matured and were able to get money thanks to the large player base that always was in need of some sort of service. The large amounts of industry from other players, and the creation of new cities gave a goal and sort of ambition for new players to strive to.

Now, the only way for new players to get any sort of money is to somehow become friends with a rich person and leech of their farms, or by getting into a really niche business. And none of that is really fun, and new players just don't have any examples of things that make them want to stay on the server. The situation is truly dire for this server, and if this problem can't be solved sooner or later, the server ain't gonna last.
2 people like this post.

Re: The Community....

Postby ~Luc » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:27 am

MrNuggly wrote:I agree with some of the stuff on here, and don't totally disagree with the other parts but would critique your reasoning. I agree with players being arrogant, and would like to say that this applies to basically almost every single staff member. When someone becomes staff they instantly change, at first they're timid and trying to get people to like them and then once they get staff they get narcissistic about their position and think it means they're better than the rest of the players. Examples are Felipe, Zactheman, Stevenstrange (incredibly), and luc (although I dont think he necessarily tried to make people like him like the other 3). This is not to "slander" them, its merely stating their behavior and their unfitness for being part of staff. A staff member who I would like to say is good is richie, because he is not narcissistic about his position and does what he thinks is necessary for the server. Another example of the ridiculous behavior is on the discord server, people who aren't even mods on the server, try to act powerful by giving out warnings without following the procedure. And after that, the staff ignores their incompetence and defends them no matter what. This stuff also happened in gbt's ban where rodney tried to defend their retarded ban and oza's unclear actions. I think spartan was partially a good admin for trying to fix the gov center (although maybe too late, not sure) but he, like the current existing admins, did not have a set idea on how the server should be. The server is now horribly inflated, no fun, and the only people who have money are those who've wasted hours on this server paining themselves just to make their balance higher. It's not even a game at that point it's just compulsive. The server shouldn't be united as a community but be a place for players to oppose each other. By doing this, maybe groups of people would work more closely together (if the server isn't already fucked at this point). Most servers that have been successful were places for different people to join and try to make their place at the top above the other players. This server sort of did this, but players only became at the top through hundreds and even thousands of hours of afking at farms or killing mobs, there are hardly any people at all who made their money from anything else. There is nothing now to make money from, people don't spend their money because there is nothing to buy, and there is nothing to buy because people are lazy as shit and can make more from just farming.

I am not going to comment on you accusing me of being narcissistic (partly because I don't think you actually understand what narcissism is) because you are entitled to think what you want of me. I will however comment on a few of the other things that you got completely wrong here, as well as follow up with things I agree about.

The discord staff are staff on the discord server. The Minecraft server and the discord server are two separate entities, and the staff for the discord server are HelloMiners staff for the discord server. As such they moderate and manage the discord server. This includes warning people who continue to disregard staff instruction, and continue to cause a disturbance (i.e. continuously talking in the wrong channel, being disrespectful to others, etc.). There is an entire rule section that clearly lays out the order of punishments in regular cases, however in some cases it is necessary to take action faster than normal. This, however, was not the case in the instance you are referring to. They issued multiple verbal warnings before an official warning (procedure is to give a warning right away), then an official warning was issued followed by a temporary mute when the warnings did not prevent further issues. They are Real staff for the discord server and have every right to enforce the rules and punishments as they see fit. If you ever feel they did not act justly, you can follow the ticket system to appeal against their actions (or lack thereof).

I agree with you that the server's economy is inflated, and right now there are discussions on ways to alleviate this while also creating more things to do (topic on this coming soon).

Furthermore, you are completely wrong about the community aspect of your response. The whole point of a good community is to encourage new players to feel welcome and possibly stay. This community is far too toxic, people do not know how to be respectful or how to act period, and it looks terrible on the server for new people who are coming for the first time. It is honestly disturbing how toxic some interactions between players/community members can be, and this is an issue that has to be and hopefully will be tackled more objectively.

We are hoping to add new, fun ways to make money. There is a need for more quests, the raid, and additional immersive aspects to this server to encourage people to do more than just afk mine, as there is nothing really special about a person's balance if they only got it that high from sitting in one place mining or fishing (among other things) for hours on end. I agree with you on that, and I hope that actual good things can be added soon.

Overall, you have made a handful of decent points, and I respect your opinions on others, however I do not agree with a lot of the things you said, as they just aren't reasonable. Let's hope that HelloMiners still has some potential left to grow to its greatest potential in the coming months.
4 people like this post.
[Technician]~Luc
Retired [Trial-Mod] — 2016, 2018-2019

Image

Re: The Community....

Postby UnboxingGold » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:52 pm

people afk mine because there is no other means to actually make a steady consistent flow of money once you add more ways i promise you the afk mining will decrease and or stop on its on people are just trying to make whatever they can

Re: The Community....

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:10 pm

~Luc wrote:
This community is far too toxic, people do not know how to be respectful or how to act period, and it looks terrible on the server for new people who are coming for the first time. It is honestly disturbing how toxic some interactions between players/community members can be, and this is an issue that has to be and hopefully will be tackled more objectively.




people always say the server is toxic, but i never really see the clear examples of this. Can you list some?
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Image
Image



Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon


Banned until Feb 1st

Re: The Community....

Postby ViHQ » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:15 pm

fluffythebunnyx wrote:
~Luc wrote:
This community is far too toxic, people do not know how to be respectful or how to act period, and it looks terrible on the server for new people who are coming for the first time. It is honestly disturbing how toxic some interactions between players/community members can be, and this is an issue that has to be and hopefully will be tackled more objectively.




people always say the server is toxic, but i never really see the clear examples of this. Can you list some?


You and your signature are a prime example. Not trying to be rude, but you've exhibited many cases of toxic behavior
Owner/Ceo of Gridlock Incorporated.
Proud Knight of the Kingdom of Haven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since 2014, message me on here or ingame, or on my discord anytime.

Re: The Community....

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:05 pm

ViHQ wrote:
fluffythebunnyx wrote:
~Luc wrote:
This community is far too toxic, people do not know how to be respectful or how to act period, and it looks terrible on the server for new people who are coming for the first time. It is honestly disturbing how toxic some interactions between players/community members can be, and this is an issue that has to be and hopefully will be tackled more objectively.




people always say the server is toxic, but i never really see the clear examples of this. Can you list some?


You and your signature are a prime example. Not trying to be rude, but you've exhibited many cases of toxic behavior




a mean, ur not completely wrong but if a shitposting 14 year old makes the server unplayable or 'toxic', then minecraft really isn't the game for you. plus this post makes it seem like its the majority rather than a few spicy edgelords.
_mentalgamer_ likes this post.
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Image
Image



Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon


Banned until Feb 1st