Forum

HelloMiners Forum Other Other server is dying and we are doing nothing about it


server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, you can post it here.

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:30 pm

Dang
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby Woof__ » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 pm

I would go for trial-moderator position but... uh..
ya know..
Image
school
Image

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby Cocraven2018#1 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:08 pm

I advertise on Hypixel every week and dont get banned xD
Owner Of White Water Industry

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby ~Doodle » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:22 pm

I don't think the server is dying anymore, thanks lero!
~Headsup likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Image
Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby Zyra_bot » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:01 am

lero might of temporary helped this but we should use what he has done and use his technique on other posts on inster or reddit 4chan yt whatever and try to get back to that 60 - 100 playerbase like in 2015 and 2016 or even higher. When our server is down instead of just giving up and talkin Shit on staff we should try to do what we can to actually solve issues like lero has done.
ozapenguin likes this post.
Image

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby Lin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:53 pm

~Weather wrote:
Lin wrote:Tedde is working on fixing this shit okay guys sheesh


who said Tedde was doing anything? i highly doubt any action is being took.


I spoke with him on Friday and he said he is working with staff to fix issues -- But remember he's got priorities, I doubt a minecraft server is high on his "Rich To-Do List" and being the CEO of Everipedia would be restricting time too, because y'know it's rapidly growing.

Leave the man alone.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312


I cull the herd, it's what I do.


[+] Rodney submitting to peer pressure
Image

Image

Code: Select all
>_Owner of Chiyoko

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby ~Doodle » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:13 pm

Lin wrote:
~Weather wrote:who said Tedde was doing anything? i highly doubt any action is being took.


I spoke with him on Friday and he said he is working with staff to fix issues -- But remember he's got priorities, I doubt a minecraft server is high on his "Rich To-Do List" and being the CEO of Everipedia would be restricting time too, because y'know it's rapidly growing.

Leave the man alone.


To further reinforce this, he is working with a group of 5 staff on a chat with him which he reads every 3 days or so, he is working very hard with everipedia and maybe you should support him there too by using the website. He explained the fact you get payed for posting articles and publishing new pages, it's actually awesome how you can get payed for writing down what you know something is!
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Image
Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby captain_2ds » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:30 pm

~Doodle wrote:
Lin wrote:
~Weather wrote:who said Tedde was doing anything? i highly doubt any action is being took.


I spoke with him on Friday and he said he is working with staff to fix issues -- But remember he's got priorities, I doubt a minecraft server is high on his "Rich To-Do List" and being the CEO of Everipedia would be restricting time too, because y'know it's rapidly growing.

Leave the man alone.


To further reinforce this, he is working with a group of 5 staff on a chat with him which he reads every 3 days or so, he is working very hard with everipedia and maybe you should support him there too by using the website. He explained the fact you get payed for posting articles and publishing new pages, it's actually awesome how you can get payed for writing down what you know something is!


Being an IT professional myself, if the excuse is that Tedde is so rich and too busy for HM, then the logical thing would be for him to put some money to a professional that can take care of the server stuff. It wouldn't cost much, especially if he is "so rich". There are 11 year olds running minecraft servers, etc. (just saying that a new IT college grad or a highschool computer guru would be happy to do this sort of stuff on the side for a few bucks). This is what successful business people do, delegate tedious time consuming tasks to others so they can focus on the big "Rich To-Do List" items. Someone should mention this to Tedde, because that's the proper long term solution. (and again, doesn't have to cost much)

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby Lin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:52 pm

captain_2ds wrote:Being an IT professional myself, if the excuse is that Tedde is so rich and too busy for HM, then the logical thing would be for him to put some money to a professional that can take care of the server stuff. It wouldn't cost much, especially if he is "so rich". There are 11 year olds running minecraft servers, etc. (just saying that a new IT college grad or a highschool computer guru would be happy to do this sort of stuff on the side for a few bucks). This is what successful business people do, delegate tedious time consuming tasks to others so they can focus on the big "Rich To-Do List" items. Someone should mention this to Tedde, because that's the proper long term solution. (and again, doesn't have to cost much)


Hire a "professional" to run a minecraft server... Yeah... I don't think that's a thing. Nor would Tedde want to create another money burner. It's a Minecraft server not a fuckin' enterprise. I myself would be more than capable of running a server or doing similar stuff but why the heck would you want to do it for money, it should be something you do for fun not something you do for cash... All the staff are volunteers in their jobs... And it wouldn't make sense to start paying someone for doing that little bit more than they do.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312


I cull the herd, it's what I do.


[+] Rodney submitting to peer pressure
Image

Image

Code: Select all
>_Owner of Chiyoko

Re: server is dying and we are doing nothing about it

Postby captain_2ds » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:08 pm

Lin wrote:
captain_2ds wrote:Being an IT professional myself, if the excuse is that Tedde is so rich and too busy for HM, then the logical thing would be for him to put some money to a professional that can take care of the server stuff. It wouldn't cost much, especially if he is "so rich". There are 11 year olds running minecraft servers, etc. (just saying that a new IT college grad or a highschool computer guru would be happy to do this sort of stuff on the side for a few bucks). This is what successful business people do, delegate tedious time consuming tasks to others so they can focus on the big "Rich To-Do List" items. Someone should mention this to Tedde, because that's the proper long term solution. (and again, doesn't have to cost much)


Hire a "professional" to run a minecraft server... Yeah... I don't think that's a thing. Nor would Tedde want to create another money burner. It's a Minecraft server not a fuckin' enterprise. I myself would be more than capable of running a server or doing similar stuff but why the heck would you want to do it for money, it should be something you do for fun not something you do for cash... All the staff are volunteers in their jobs... And it wouldn't make sense to start paying someone for doing that little bit more than they do.


ok, I'll bite on your argumentative hook =)

The good news is that it seems there's lots of positive activity going on, new cities being announced, things are happening on the server according to the forum posts I see.

You focused solely on my one mention of "to a professional that can take care of the server stuff" and ignored the latter part which quantified my post which was "a new IT college grad or a highschool computer guru would be happy to do this sort of stuff on the side for a few bucks". A "professional" does not have to be a $250/hr IT contractor. Hosting companies (eg: places like RackSpace) provide server support services for a nominal fee. There may even be "professional" MC hosting services one can hire online. I'm a IT professional and if I had time I'd be happy to do server sysadmin / MC backend support and some compensation would be a great incentive.

You asked "but why the heck would you want to do it for money, it should be something you do for fun not something you do for cash". Well first off, you'll get what you paid for. Second, as I explained, if Tedde doesn't have time to do it, and the server is slowly dying, there's not much choice, is there?

I'd be great if someone is promoted to server sysadmin and doesn't want monetary compensation, so that the fate of the server is not all on Tedde, but apparently that's not happening from the info that's being given. Hopefully someone can replace Tedde's role.

Yes, there should be people happy to do this for fun, out of kindness, etc. but having some "pro" support could free up Tedde and solve the server issues.

Re: my comment on online MC hosting providers, I just checked and seems there are tons when doing a quick google search. So please don't think that "a professional" means a fulltime expensive computer tech. There are many many alternatives as I mentioned. :)

https://apexminecrafthosting.com/canada/
https://ggservers.com/
https://mcprohosting.com/
https://shockbyte.com/minecraft-hosting
(and many more)
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.

PreviousNext

cron