Forum

HelloMiners Forum Announcements Server Chunk Corruption


Server Chunk Corruption

Announcements concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby 4K606 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:02 am

A full reset. No extras. No incentives for the rich. As doctor strange said there is endless possibilities, such as an Agora that has a stocked shop.
Joined Hellominers Feb. 14th 2017
West Helloclan Manager
Co-Creator of October Fest!
Private City Dept. Regulator
Owner of Emerald Cove!

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby Sir_Binary » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:07 am

4K606 wrote:A full reset. No extras. No incentives for the rich. As doctor strange said there is endless possibilities, such as an Agora that has a stocked shop.


yeah if we reset, we should definitely do it in full. all or nothing. the real economic benefits would come with a full reset, not a partial. a partial just means the forsal gets deflated and the map resets, a full means the whole economy resets which could be great.
my last signature looked spammy so uh yeah add my disc at sirbinary#7593 if you want <3

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby UnboxingGold » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:25 am

i think it would be a slap on the face for the the people who spent alot of time to get balances a map reset should be sufficient with balances moved over and some compensation

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:29 am

UnboxingGold wrote:i think it would be a slap on the face for the the people who spent alot of time to get balances a map reset should be sufficient with balances moved over and some compensation

That would only move the problem with the economy to the new map and make it worse.
Mob maker since October 2017

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby Sir_Binary » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:32 am

DR_StevenStrange wrote:
UnboxingGold wrote:i think it would be a slap on the face for the the people who spent alot of time to get balances a map reset should be sufficient with balances moved over and some compensation

That would only move the problem with the economy to the new map and make it worse.


might as well fix both whilst we're resetting (if we are) :)
my last signature looked spammy so uh yeah add my disc at sirbinary#7593 if you want <3

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby Korzq » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:08 am

I think we should all have the old map files if we are doing a server reset.
--
Eric / korzq
Opinions Are My Own

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby UnboxingGold » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:20 am

DR_StevenStrange wrote:
UnboxingGold wrote:i think it would be a slap on the face for the the people who spent alot of time to get balances a map reset should be sufficient with balances moved over and some compensation

That would only move the problem with the economy to the new map and make it worse.


I personally don't think so the map rn is pretty much a joke and is build around spawn points which is killing value and only allowing some parts of the city's to be utilized if we do a reset I think how we utilize a map with building and stuff would be great to keep everyone busy removing balances is just going to cause the player count to drop

I could even say that we don't need compensation just allow people to keep their balances and maybe sell some of their off like land and high value stuff back to the government

we call our selves an economy server without jobs act like we are factions and only allow a few people to be successful

just dont get it maybe someone can explain it to me

but i love to hear ur side of the story :)

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby Camel » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:50 am

I disagree with a reset and agree with others saying it could end the server. If the problems are fixable then I especially see no reason. I know personally if the server was reset that I would have very little reason to play anymore.
~Camel
KingOfCamels101
Player since August 2nd, 2015
Staff member since November, 2016
Owner of Sunset Coast, Toronto, and Starling

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby Izela » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:25 am

UnboxingGold wrote:i think it would be a slap on the face for the the people who spent alot of time to get balances a map reset should be sufficient with balances moved over and some compensation


If you do that then what's the point in the reset? the rich stay rich and I with no money stays with no money. I wouldn't be able to get good plots and then all the rich people would get the best plots and be able to get shops up first. If a reset is going to happen it needs to be a full reset.

I don't think it is a slap in the face. I think its a game and a world that has been around for 8 years and it finally has died. Its time to start a new and make a great server from scratch again.
Newbie but wanting to help make Hellominers even better

Izela#1114

Re: Server Chunk Corruption

Postby Gerhard » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:28 am

Camel wrote:I disagree with a reset and agree with others saying it could end the server. If the problems are fixable then I especially see no reason. I know personally if the server was reset that I would have very little reason to play anymore.


Travco wrote:"So... why would we keep playing?"
This is probably the best question. If the only thing that kept you coming back to the server was the city, well then you have no reason. But this is Minecraft! What happens when a creeper blows up your house? You rebuild it, probably bigger and better. What happens when you lose your save in single player? You make a new one! You learn from your mistakes and continue on!


viewtopic.php?t=2340

Holes, (and the quest for a better server)
Retired Historic Advisor of HelloClan City
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

PreviousNext