Forum

HelloMiners Forum The Economy Advertising Highway design, making the server beautiful

Highway design, making the server beautiful

Let people know why they should visit your business or hire your services here.

Re: Highway design, making the server beautiful

Postby Cheerios32 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:22 pm

ZacTheMan1 wrote:
ViHQ wrote:
Endershack wrote:i dont wanna be driving over sheep fur i prefer all concrete. plus a perfect road is supposed to be fresh smooth concrete with no bumps, not carpet smothered over concrete powder. the sound of those 2 blocks are not realistic.

When a street is just concrete, your eyes have nowhere to go. It's just one solid texture which is ugly.

Breaking up those textures gives the eyes something to do, so I'll have to disagree with you on that. Especially because we aren't building buildings IRL out of sheep fur..

This road will be all concrete powder when it is said and done because the carpet makes cars bump up and down. So this is really going to be one texture in the end.
verified by cheerios

There's a difference between "verified" and "I'll bear it in mind" which is what I actually said ._.
ViHQ likes this post.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby ViHQ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:42 pm

ZacTheMan1 wrote:
ViHQ wrote:
Endershack wrote:i dont wanna be driving over sheep fur i prefer all concrete. plus a perfect road is supposed to be fresh smooth concrete with no bumps, not carpet smothered over concrete powder. the sound of those 2 blocks are not realistic.

When a street is just concrete, your eyes have nowhere to go. It's just one solid texture which is ugly.

Breaking up those textures gives the eyes something to do, so I'll have to disagree with you on that. Especially because we aren't building buildings IRL out of sheep fur..

This road will be all concrete powder when it is said and done because the carpet makes cars bump up and down. So this is really going to be one texture in the end.
verified by cheerios

There is absolutely nothing stopping FM, or Cheerios, from mixing the texture with black concrete and concrete powder which would look just as good.
Owner/Ceo of Gridlock Incorporated.
Proud Knight of the Kingdom of Haven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since 2014, message me on here or ingame, or on my discord anytime.

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:52 pm

new roads are basically concrete powder ;)
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby Jupitermax11 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:07 am

I love wool <3 <3 >3

Postby Dylad » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 am

People, we can hire folks to do some of it to just create some jobs, but there's a very unique tool called worledit as well lol

The whole notion that this is too much work is sorta far fetched. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Also a suggestion: We should have the highways branch out to different parts of the map (in like a spiderweb sorta thing) and create hubs that cities can buy to connect their own roadways to, creating a major system while getting rid of all of the old ones (using world edit, get rid of all the old highways and terraform and start from scratch).
--------------------------------------------------------------
300k Networth
2.5 Years
Fmr. OQIL Commissioner

Postby FMDIAMOND » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:25 am

ZacTheMan1 wrote:
ViHQ wrote:

verified by cheerios

no, the carpet can be removed, its almost all wool blocks, the carpet just created depth, also the white boundaries will stay the same, white carpet, like real life the lines are raised
Last edited by FMDIAMOND on Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby FMDIAMOND » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:29 am

Dylad wrote:People, we can hire folks to do some of it to just create some jobs, but there's a very unique tool called worledit as well lol

The whole notion that this is too much work is sorta far fetched. Shouldn't be too difficult.

Also a suggestion: We should have the highways branch out to different parts of the map (in like a spiderweb sorta thing) and create hubs that cities can buy to connect their own roadways to, creating a major system while getting rid of all of the old ones (using world edit, get rid of all the old highways and terraform and start from scratch).

that's the thing, everyone in this server is about, time TIME, there is not enough time, it will take too much time, and you know what, that's the down fall of this server, that's why many things here are like electronics made in china, they are cheap and easy to make, but are crap and don't last long, what I'm getting at is good things take time, rush it and it looks like shit. this will create ALOT of jobs for the new people and actually make something for people to do, I mean I wouldn't mind helping make this.

and funny you say that dylad, I was making something like you wanted:
Attachments
2019-07-10_13.23.36.png
2019-07-10_13.23.36.png (876.94 KiB) Viewed 153 times
2019-07-10_13.23.13.png
2019-07-10_13.23.13.png (800.61 KiB) Viewed 153 times
2 people like this post.
Veteran of HelloClan
#IMWITHBETA

Postby FMDIAMOND » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:49 am

I propose we make a 'ring road' like in Melbourne Australia, we have a big multi lane free way that goes around the CBD area and comes from everywhere, so what I'm proposing is a letteral ring road, a square ish road that does a circle around the whole map, this would be a lot of work but it would pay off massively making cars relevant, cities could get highway connection from a certain tier up, this would boost the economy as it would create a lot of jobs not only direct jobs but indirect jobs such as ore mining, selling and farming, the road will consist of signs with abbreviations or 'call signs' of cities, such as HCL could be hello clan city, or SDB would be Sudbury or even ocelot city could be OCL, anyway what im proposing is massive, amazing and would work on so many levels, making this server that much more role playable.
Veteran of HelloClan
#IMWITHBETA

Postby Cheerios32 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:38 am

Unlike most of these projects, I actually do have a plan. It's very similar in fact to what diamond is describing.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby captain_2ds » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:02 am

hmmm....how fast do these cars go btw? I'd love to see some math as to how long it would take to drive from one city to another...the novelty of that will wear off soon if it takes like 10 min just to get to another location...

Time is important...IRL people wouldn't drive around on the ground commuting-wise if they could fly...we were supposed to have flying cars in 2015 in IRL!! but we could have them on HM, I'm assuming airplanes are much faster. Then instead of roads across the entire server, there could be landing pads etc. People could have a runway near their house etc. It's the future! Or...is that Back to the Future... :D

PreviousNext