Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report Bugs / Problems Custom Alcohol Recipe Still Doesn't Work (Please read!)

Custom Alcohol Recipe Still Doesn't Work (Please read!)

Found a bug? Can you recreate it? If so, tell us here so we can fix it.

Custom Alcohol Recipe Still Doesn't Work (Please read!)

Postby pokemonwarriorx_ » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:41 pm

I requested a custom alcohol recipe just over a year ago, and I was approved. It did not work. It was theorized to be an issue with one of the ingredients, so I changed the recipe. That didn't work. Another player had gotten their recipe implemented instantly and still sells it to this day. Spartan was originally helping me with the recipe, he apologized for how long it was taking and refunded me, telling me I'd get it for free once it was finally implemented. I have talked to several people since to try and get my recipe to work. The brewing stand was having an issue recently due to Slimefun, but after my short hiatus they appear to be brewing again. I was also told shortly before my hiatus that my recipe was tested and is now working. Of course, I couldn't confirm this since the brewing stands weren't working. I came back online today, and the first thing I tried was to see if my recipe worked. Lo and behold, it didn't. Shocker. Ruined potion.

I'm quite frustrated at this point. As I've previously stated, it's been over a year. My custom alcohol recipe was going to be a big selling point and advertising opportunity for my business. Furthermore, I had plans with another brewer to advertise further. I temporarily closed my shop, planning to reopen with my custom drink.

I'm incredibly appreciative of what staff and technicians have done to try to get my recipe to work, and I feel bad for complaining. At this point though, I'm on the verge of giving up. I don't understand why other people have been able to create their custom recipes just fine and I can't get mine to work. I would hope that if it's an issue with how it's been put in, we could just start over and try to put it in again, but no one has suggested that.

This has hurt my brewing business, Brevera, which is my greatest motivation to keep playing on this server. It's how I make money. I've played on the server much less frequently as of recent because of issues with the brewing plugin and my custom recipe. I love the brewing plugin. It's what kept me interested and on the server in the first place. At this point, I'm genuinely considering leaving the server permanently. I would, at the very least, like some closure as to what the issue has been, and why so many people have been unable to get it to work. I'm not tech-savvy and I don't quite understand plugins or how new stuff is added to the server. I feel like at this point the problem should have been identified, fixed, and I should be able to brew and sell my drink. This post is my last attempt to get assistance. I did not want to make it, and I had hope that it would be fixed well before it got to this point. I don't know what else to do at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if nothing comes as a result of this long-winded post, as it feels like no one really cares about this issue or my business anymore at this point.

I apologize for this word vomit. I poured out all my thoughts in one sitting into this post.

tl;dr I am considering leaving the server because I got a custom alcohol recipe over a year ago that never worked. Other players have gotten theirs just fine and no one seems to be be able to find the problem or fix it. It's hurt my business to the point where I closed it for a bit.
Owner of Brevera

Re: Custom Alcohol Recipe Still Doesn't Work (Please read!)

Postby chickenfarm7. » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:50 pm

Long time no see pokemon :)
Dam i remember our legendary voice chats with alfroda when we would snipe the ib golem while invis ahahahha
pokemonwarriorx_ likes this post.
shit on it

perm banned :F
I'm the one that sent the ip logger sorry

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £196 (£157 with sales)
  • Games owned: 58
  • Games played: 53 (91%)
  • Hours on record: 1,002.6h

Postby pokemonwarriorx_ » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:43 pm

bump, because I’ve gotten no replies or messages from anyone capable of helping
Owner of Brevera

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:47 pm

Hi Pokemon, I just saw this topic and have forwarded it to the staff discord. Hopefully someone will know how to fix it.
Mob maker since October 2017

Postby chickenfarm7. » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:06 pm

pokemonwarriorx_ wrote:bump, because I’ve gotten no replies or messages from anyone capable of helping

:0 i am capable at all
shit on it

Postby ~Kino » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:26 am

Hey,

I am sorry to hear about your issue with the recipe. I have looked into the config to see what the problem is as well as tested the recipe to see what exactly the issue is. The recipe itself works from my testing but as you mentioned in your post it is indeed an ingredient issue. I have tweaked the recipe to match the screenshots I had on hand of it I'm just waiting on an admin to upload the updated config. In the meantime, if you can get in contact with me on discord, I can send you the current recipe as well as the "fixed" version.
Quil Family Reunion!

Postby pokemonwarriorx_ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Thank you to everyone who has helped me out with the recipe. It's now working, and I can't wait to open back up Brevera and start selling it. Thank you!!!
_mentalgamer_ likes this post.
Owner of Brevera

Postby chickenfarm7. » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:33 pm

yw bby ily
shit on it