Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report Bugs / Problems Held together with duck tape

Held together with duck tape

Found a bug? Can you recreate it? If so, tell us here so we can fix it.

Re: Held together with duck tape

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:44 pm

~Arctic wrote:This makes amazing pointa. We need to implement this! We need to tell SK and Tedde that they aren't helping the server anymore. We need to let Admins have access to the website and other coding stuff. These reforms must happen.

I am quite frankly sick of how this server is governed. We all have to "wait for sk and tedde" well someone needs to message them and say they're not doing their job anymore and are just letting the server die.

u sound like somat out of animal farm
2 people like this post.
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Discord: Fluffy#9622

Postby Domination LT » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:14 pm

~Luc wrote:
Domination LT wrote:This is all true... except for the time i asked like 8 mods to help me with my city and they either did a quick easy job that made it worse or they just cancelled my helpme before even trying or starting the task, until Ash sat down and helped my undo the mess the other mods made, trust me i ge tthat people have other projects to do but if a few mods took a little bit of time and worked together it would have been an easy task, otherwise everything you said is completely true

I’m sorry you had that experience. I’m sure that the changes the other mods made was with good intentions however, and I am glad that ash took the time to go through the entire city like what I did with archendale. I still think that there should be a way for city owners to make special requests to have regioning fixed, and maybe have that specific helpme pay a little bit more as incentive to take on such a large job. An example of this is that my fixing archendale took me a total of around 4 hours, so I can understand why it wouldn’t be favourable to to such a thing in the eyes of most staff, but if there was a procedure in place to have bigger jobs like this requested, I would support it 100%.

Yea i think it took Ash 4 or 5 hours and she never finish ahaha, that sounds like a good idea!
DominationLT and Domination LT on Youtube
Founder and CEO of Vilnius International
Owner of the City of Trakai
City Tier Evaluator
On the Executive Council for The Kingdom of Haven
Founder and Commissioner of the BBE

Contact me at: dominationlt@gmail.com

"If you want to make a difference.... don't spam the chat :/ "
~DominationLT 2018

Postby ~Baz » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:11 pm

bump

Postby Dylad » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 pm

Sounds like Dylad to me.
--------------------------------------------------------------
300k Networth
2 Years
OQIL Administrator
Owner Of Prism RC
Topic: viewtopic.php?f=184&t=33729

Postby Sir_Binary » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:15 am

bump
Canary releasing to you in theatres, 1997.

Postby SpartanPride7 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:35 am

This basically sums up all of my opinions as well:

~Luc wrote:I think you are a bit confused on how things work, so maybe you should stop and consider this in regards to your admins section. It is not that their excuse is only tedde or sk can fix it, it is reality. Admins to not have the same level of access to the server or the forums as SK, as he has limited their access even more than it used to be years ago. What use is complaining to them about that? You are upset at them for not being able to fix things faster because they literally can’t do anything about it, and they also cannot remove SK because in reality he has the most control. Whenever there was an issue, I would contact tedde and he would tell SK to come fix his shit, but he would still take his sweet ass time, and only do as little as restarting the server or updating console. It may have changed but most of current staff have no forums permissions, and there are non-staffmembers who still have access.

Secondly, being a moderator, I can assure you that you have it wrong there too. There is no inverse correlation between becoming staff and the time you play on the server. The only thing that stops mods from coming on is their real-life commitments. Obviously you wouldn’t notice it as much if they weren’t mods, but its more noticeable because they are. Staff also for the most part aren’t complaining about having to do helpmes. Believe it or not, sometimes when you are in the middle of doing something you don’t fully pay attention to the chat, which can cause you to miss new helpmes; it has happened to me on a number of occasions. In addition, just because they’re only paid for helpmes, doesn’t mean its their only job. Moderating a server is making sure people aren’t breaking rules, and as well it is hosting events for players. If a moderator is in the middle of doing either of these, sorry but you’re gonna have to wait an extra little bit for that chest to be unlocked, or on occasion those 50+ plot regions to be made etc. I’m sure you can find something to keep yourself occupied while the moderator(s) finish their other staffly duties. I’d also like you to consider that unlike most jobs, while you are on the server you are never off the clock. Your job never ends, you don’t get any “off days”, so you are doing all of these other mod duties while trying to work on personal projects. Sometimes a mod might want to finish demoing the building they have been working on for over an hour due to having to do 5 helpmes and settle a player dispute in chat, so try to be a little more understanding if you need to wait 5-10 minutes for your helpme to be attended to, because they don’t have the luxury of finishing personal projects without multiple interruptions like you do. I enjoyed being a mod, and like all mods I was fine with the fact that my projects would take a little longer to finish because I had more important duties to the server, but show a little more respect for the fact that they are putting in that work. The playerbase is far too unappreciative of the work that goes in, mostly out of ignorance / not being aware of the actual situation. I’m sure there will be people who will want to reply saying “they signed up for the job so shouldn’t complain” or “there are other people who would be more than happy to take their place and not complain about the workload”, but nobodys complaining as much as the non-staff players who aren’t giving staff more credit where credit is due. I also guarantee you that the people who think they could do better will be in the same boat 2 months into their trial, when reality hits them.
~Luc likes this post.

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby ~Baz » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:52 am

can we not focus just on one part, i want everything fixed, not just the staff issues

Postby 12BlueTrumpets » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:25 am

The second SK comes back on we finna let him have it
(Before yalls get pressed, its a joke)
CEO of Builders Enterprises
Networth of 150K!
Joined December 28th 2014
#ImWithBeta

Postby ~Baz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:08 am

bump

Previous