Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report Bugs / Problems Report MrSuperRed / Rule Clarification

Report MrSuperRed / Rule Clarification

Found a bug? Can you recreate it? If so, tell us here so we can fix it.

Report MrSuperRed / Rule Clarification

Postby soccerboy61 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:30 pm

Hello. I'm sure most of know how gbt2008642, a long time and wealthy player, was recently banned for x-ray. As per the rules, all of his property and money is supposed to be erased.

The Rules wrote:X-Ray:
A 4 month ban, and the X-rayer loses all their items, property, and money.

The issue, though, is when the X-rayer owns a property with another player. Since losing property infers that the player is removed from ownership of a region, any other owners now gain full ownership and rights to the property - including selling it. So, this means that while an X-rayer may have used his or her funds from hacking to purchase a plot with another player, the other player who did not hack now gets all of the hacked money instead of it simply being erased.

Now, the way to prevent this is by simply adding Government has owner of a region if there is another owner added. Therefore, if a player tries to sell the region, the staff member will know to erase half of that money from the server.

This is a very simple fix, one that needs to apply to MrSuperRed. This is because this whole theoretical situation that I explained above is actually the case with MrSuperRed.

Gbt2008642 owned a plot with MrSuperRed and, after gbt was banned for xraying, MrSuperRed was given full ownership. MrSuperRed then sold the plot for a large sum of F710,000, even though half of that should have been erased as it is still considered Gbt's property. Here is the proof of MrSuperRed admitting to this:

Code: Select all
16:56:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Red> i've only sold 1 property
[16:56:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Spartan> yes
[16:56:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Red> that gbt and i ex-owned together
[16:56:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Spartan> for how much?
[16:56:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ryan> I can put in a log request if necessary though
[16:56:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Felix> ^
[16:56:12] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Spartan> if u dont mind
[16:56:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Red> 710
[16:56:19] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Spartan> 710k?
[16:56:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Felix> We don't really need a log request; simple rules here.
[16:56:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Red> ye
[16:56:22] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Cocraven2018>  guys remember when Varrock was Active
[16:56:24] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <CudleyNubles> LOL
[16:56:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Red> yes
[16:56:26] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Spartan> if gbt was owner of it as well
[16:56:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <CudleyNubles> Thats a ** ton of money
[16:56:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Felix> Ok so you should receive 355k
[16:56:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Spartan> ^
[16:56:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <Trial-Mod ~Ryan> Wait 710k for what?
[16:56:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Felix> if you paid 50% for the plot
[16:56:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Server] If you need a staff member on your location, for a staff-only task, use: /helpme [reason]
[16:56:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <CudleyNubles> red
[16:56:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <CudleyNubles> how much did you may for it
[16:56:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~Spartan> you shouldnt be able to recieve the whole price of the plot

This is 355,000 forsals that was illegally produced into the game that is now in the hands of a normal player. I am creating this post to ask staff to take away that 355k from MrSuperRed and also issue log searches to add Government to any other plots that Gbt owned with another player. A log search should also be created to see if any regions gbt was added to with another player was sold back. If it was, the player who sold the region should get half of it taken.
Thanks
Soc
11 people like this post.

Re: Report MrSuperRed / Rule Clarification

Postby rexthebest » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:32 pm

Makes sense tbf

Postby ~Felix » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:05 am

Couldn't agree more. The rules clearly state that all of their assets are just simply removed; Red did not pay 100% for the plots therefore he should not receive 100% of the sell price. Well put!
3 people like this post.

Postby SpartanPride7 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:08 am

Good find. It would be best to clarify and apply this so people in the future can't get around the X-ray punishment by adding friends to regions.
11 people like this post.

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby ValcronX » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:33 am

soccerboy61 wrote:This is 355,000 forsals that was illegally produced into the game that is now in the hands of a normal player.

Just as a clarification, the 355,000 Forsals would not have been “illegally produced” as that would be saying that the money was produced via illegal activity by the buyer.

I believe instead you mean that the 350,000 Forsals were illegally obtained.
ValcronX,

Founder and CEO of VAL’s

Discord: ValcronX#4240
Net worth: 1,000,000F+

Postby Diamond » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:41 am

wig snatched by soc
Owner of Stark Industries with Yootay, visit any of our stores, rental shops, or apartments in HelloClan City or River City.

Owner of Sudbury/Northbay and Sunset Springs.

Image who is she?

Postby ~Ryan » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:51 am

I have brought this report up with staff, and it is currently being discussed. Thanks for bringing it up on a topic.

Personally, I believe that the money should be taken from Red and removed from our economy in order to ensure that future players do not add players in the future to avoid consequences. Of course, I clarified personally as I do not speak on behalf as staff as a whole, it is my personal opinion on the matter.
3 people like this post.
Unity over Individualism - We must come together as a community, and make each other and the server better as a whole.

Discord Tag: ~Ryan#0034

Networth: ~250k

Postby MrSuperRed » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:04 am

Although I do agree, I would like to point out that this plot was purchased a couple years ago during a time where gbt made his money from apples, this plot that I sold for 710k was a combination of many other plots that we had bought and combined. The money used to purchase the plot has actually already been compensated for (gbt has already paid fines for the apple scandal). But I am willing to go forward with the 355k payment if necessary. But this should not be a report against me, I was simply following what Gbt had said in his forum post about his properties and went off of that (viewtopic.php?f=169&t=30726).
2 people like this post.
Hey!

"No one has changed the world by following what the world has told them to do" - some guy on tedx forget his name

Net Worth: 5m

Postby ~Spider » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:34 am

What plot was sold?
HelloMiners Millionaire SpiderPig2323
----------------------------------------------------------
HelloMiners Player Since May 13th 2016
Networth: F4,000,000
Top Balance: F2,500,000
Battle Place Host
----------------------------------------------------------

Postby Amoni » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:01 am

Does Vanguard also get refunded?
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

Next