Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report a Player Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny


Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Found a player breaking the rules? You can report them here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby ~Satan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:31 am

I have no clue what is going on with this server lately but recently the chats have been filled with homophobic, transphobic and misogynist messages.

Instances of gay and trans players being told that they shouldn't be gay or trans (as if that is a choice) have occurred frequently often resulting in flamewars which annoy the majority of established players and scare away the new ones. While I'll admit I've taken part in flame wars this was mainly to tell people that being gay or trans is not a choice because it really isn't.

Everyone should feel safe and welcome on this server, this server is no place for homophobia, transphobia, and anything alike.

While I don't have the files ready (I play Minecraft on Linux and haven't figured out how to get logs on Linux yet lol) here are some of the people involved:
Paisie_ : Yesterday he kept spewing religious bullshit about how gay people make God upset and today he did the same but about trans people.
RJMouse : Kept using gay as a slur and supported Paisie_ in arguments

MrNuggly : Thinks he's some hyper-intelligent smartass and keeps saying in chat that men and women have never been equal, he even defended slavery somehow (worthy of applause I suppose?)

Either way, don't get me wrong, all these people are entitled to their poorly constructed opinions but they should keep them for themselves because this is a Minecraft server and not /r/TheDonald

Screenshots and logs from others are welcome, I'm not expecting bans or whatever but it can't go on like this any longer
5 people like this post.
b]Proud District Manager and Citizen of Paradise Hills[/b]
Chief Marketing Officer of HMSCM
[b]Creator of https://HMGuide.info

Re: Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:34 am

this is such a lie. I literally was just talking about how I just personally dont support gays when asked about it, and that based on my belief I won't hate on it, its just that its their duty to talk to God about it in the end. I never hated on it, just stated my opinion when asked. satan was just offended by my unbiased opinion and he argued how gays are right and satan has kept saying in chat all day how God is fake and doesn't exist which is what is really bad.
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Re: Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby SidedSuns » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:37 am

i come back and i find this

kk hm, kk
3 people like this post.
Assembly member of Ancient Greece.
Almost 2 years on the server
iCentiPay executive
Made HelloMiners 1st ever bus station: SunBus
:D

Re: Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:39 am

[03:52:03] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <~Satan> smh y'all starting a religious debate and don't invite me? that's rude you know

satan clearly wanting to join the flamewar and spread his belief of God being fake and spark rudeness
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Re: Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby ~Satan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:46 am

CoolPaisie101 wrote:this is such a lie. I literally was just talking about how I just personally dont support gays when asked about it, and that based on my belief I won't hate on it, its just that its their duty to talk to God about it in the end. I never hated on it, just stated my opinion when asked. satan was just offended by my unbiased opinion and he argued how gays are right and satan has kept saying in chat all day how God is fake and doesn't exist which is what is really bad.


I love how you're saying that you weren't spewing homophobic shit in-game yet in this very reaction you spew homophobic shit again.

Allow me to define Homophobia:
The homophobia definition is the fear, hatred, discomfort with, or mistrust of people who are lesbian, gay, or bisexual. Biphobia is fear, hatred, discomfort, or mistrust, specifically of people who are bisexual. Similarly, transphobia is fear, hatred, discomfort with, or mistrust of people who are transgender, genderqueer or don’t follow traditional gender norms.

I don't care if you believe in God or not, the fact is that on this minecraft server you should keep your shitty opinions for yourself when it comes down to that. I know you see it as harmless to say that you "don't hate gay/trans people but that you just don't support their way" but it truly fucking isn't. I agree it isn't nice of me to tell you there is no God but when you're spewing homophobia and justify it with religion you leave me no choice lol.



CoolPaisie101 wrote:[03:52:03] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <~Satan> smh y'all starting a religious debate and don't invite me? that's rude you know

satan clearly wanting to join the flamewar and spread his belief of God being fake and spark rudeness


Oh yes I love myself a flamewar when people are talking homophobic shit.
Val likes this post.
b]Proud District Manager and Citizen of Paradise Hills[/b]
Chief Marketing Officer of HMSCM
[b]Creator of https://HMGuide.info

Re: Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby SidedSuns » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 am

it'd be better if you both say what happened instead of sending one liners and then someone responding. it would really be much easier to understand
Assembly member of Ancient Greece.
Almost 2 years on the server
iCentiPay executive
Made HelloMiners 1st ever bus station: SunBus
:D

Re: Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:53 am

~Satan wrote:
CoolPaisie101 wrote:this is such a lie. I literally was just talking about how I just personally dont support gays when asked about it, and that based on my belief I won't hate on it, its just that its their duty to talk to God about it in the end. I never hated on it, just stated my opinion when asked. satan was just offended by my unbiased opinion and he argued how gays are right and satan has kept saying in chat all day how God is fake and doesn't exist which is what is really bad.


I love how you're saying that you weren't spewing homophobic shit in-game yet in this very reaction you spew homophobic shit again.

Allow me to define Homophobia:
The homophobia definition is the fear, hatred, discomfort with, or mistrust of people who are lesbian, gay, or bisexual. Biphobia is fear, hatred, discomfort, or mistrust, specifically of people who are bisexual. Similarly, transphobia is fear, hatred, discomfort with, or mistrust of people who are transgender, genderqueer or don’t follow traditional gender norms.

I don't care if you believe in God or not, the fact is that on this minecraft server you should keep your shitty opinions for yourself when it comes down to that. I know you see it as harmless to say that you "don't hate gay/trans people but that you just don't support their way" but it truly fucking isn't. I agree it isn't nice of me to tell you there is no God but when you're spewing homophobia and justify it with religion you leave me no choice lol.



CoolPaisie101 wrote:[03:52:03] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <~Satan> smh y'all starting a religious debate and don't invite me? that's rude you know

satan clearly wanting to join the flamewar and spread his belief of God being fake and spark rudeness


Oh yes I love myself a flamewar when people are talking homophobic shit.

so I am not allowed to state that I dont support something? I was asked so I just said I dont support homosexualism. that's my personal belief, I dont hate on homosexuals, so its not homophobia, I just dont SUPPORT it I said
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Re: Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby MrNuggly » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:56 am

~Satan wrote:
CoolPaisie101 wrote:this is such a lie. I literally was just talking about how I just personally dont support gays when asked about it, and that based on my belief I won't hate on it, its just that its their duty to talk to God about it in the end. I never hated on it, just stated my opinion when asked. satan was just offended by my unbiased opinion and he argued how gays are right and satan has kept saying in chat all day how God is fake and doesn't exist which is what is really bad.


I love how you're saying that you weren't spewing homophobic shit in-game yet in this very reaction you spew homophobic shit again.

Allow me to define Homophobia:
The homophobia definition is the fear, hatred, discomfort with, or mistrust of people who are lesbian, gay, or bisexual. Biphobia is fear, hatred, discomfort, or mistrust, specifically of people who are bisexual. Similarly, transphobia is fear, hatred, discomfort with, or mistrust of people who are transgender, genderqueer or don’t follow traditional gender norms.

I don't care if you believe in God or not, the fact is that on this minecraft server you should keep your shitty opinions for yourself when it comes down to that. I know you see it as harmless to say that you "don't hate gay/trans people but that you just don't support their way" but it truly fucking isn't. I agree it isn't nice of me to tell you there is no God but when you're spewing homophobia and justify it with religion you leave me no choice lol.



CoolPaisie101 wrote:[03:52:03] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <~Satan> smh y'all starting a religious debate and don't invite me? that's rude you know

satan clearly wanting to join the flamewar and spread his belief of God being fake and spark rudeness


Oh yes I love myself a flamewar when people are talking homophobic shit.


I'm not racist or sexist, nor do I support slavery or women losing their rights, I was literally just saying you looked foolished saying a bunch of ahistoric stuff in chat and acting like your perspective is more than just a perspective. And it also makes no sense for you to think paisie's perspective is more than just his perspective, he didnt attack anybody he just said his perspective because people started arguing over it. Also I dont get how I'm the smartass when youre trying to throw a bunch of definitions around in here for no other purpose than to look smart.
2 people like this post.

Re: Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:59 am

~Satan wrote:I have no clue what is going on with this server lately but recently the chats have been filled with homophobic, transphobic and misogynist messages.

Instances of gay and trans players being told that they shouldn't be gay or trans (as if that is a choice) have occurred frequently often resulting in flamewars which annoy the majority of established players and scare away the new ones. While I'll admit I've taken part in flame wars this was mainly to tell people that being gay or trans is not a choice because it really isn't.

Everyone should feel safe and welcome on this server, this server is no place for homophobia, transphobia, and anything alike.

While I don't have the files ready (I play Minecraft on Linux and haven't figured out how to get logs on Linux yet lol) here are some of the people involved:
Paisie_ : Yesterday he kept spewing religious bullshit about how gay people make God upset and today he did the same but about trans people.
RJMouse : Kept using gay as a slur and supported Paisie_ in arguments

MrNuggly : Thinks he's some hyper-intelligent smartass and keeps saying in chat that men and women have never been equal, he even defended slavery somehow (worthy of applause I suppose?)

Either way, don't get me wrong, all these people are entitled to their poorly constructed opinions but they should keep them for themselves because this is a Minecraft server and not /r/TheDonald

Screenshots and logs from others are welcome, I'm not expecting bans or whatever but it can't go on like this any longer

Funny how you mention us as only some of the people involved. I’m assuming you didn’t mention any of the other 20ish people involved because you hate us the most. Bravo. Off to bed gn
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Re: Reporting homophobia, transphobia and misogyny

Postby ~Satan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:16 am

MrNuggly wrote:
~Satan wrote:
CoolPaisie101 wrote:this is such a lie. I literally was just talking about how I just personally dont support gays when asked about it, and that based on my belief I won't hate on it, its just that its their duty to talk to God about it in the end. I never hated on it, just stated my opinion when asked. satan was just offended by my unbiased opinion and he argued how gays are right and satan has kept saying in chat all day how God is fake and doesn't exist which is what is really bad.


I love how you're saying that you weren't spewing homophobic shit in-game yet in this very reaction you spew homophobic shit again.

Allow me to define Homophobia:
The homophobia definition is the fear, hatred, discomfort with, or mistrust of people who are lesbian, gay, or bisexual. Biphobia is fear, hatred, discomfort, or mistrust, specifically of people who are bisexual. Similarly, transphobia is fear, hatred, discomfort with, or mistrust of people who are transgender, genderqueer or don’t follow traditional gender norms.

I don't care if you believe in God or not, the fact is that on this minecraft server you should keep your shitty opinions for yourself when it comes down to that. I know you see it as harmless to say that you "don't hate gay/trans people but that you just don't support their way" but it truly fucking isn't. I agree it isn't nice of me to tell you there is no God but when you're spewing homophobia and justify it with religion you leave me no choice lol.



CoolPaisie101 wrote:[03:52:03] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiNewChat]: [CHAT] <~Satan> smh y'all starting a religious debate and don't invite me? that's rude you know

satan clearly wanting to join the flamewar and spread his belief of God being fake and spark rudeness


Oh yes I love myself a flamewar when people are talking homophobic shit.


I'm not racist or sexist, nor do I support slavery or women losing their rights, I was literally just saying you looked foolished saying a bunch of ahistoric stuff in chat and acting like your perspective is more than just a perspective. And it also makes no sense for you to think paisie's perspective is more than just his perspective, he didnt attack anybody he just said his perspective because people started arguing over it. Also I dont get how I'm the smartass when youre trying to throw a bunch of definitions around in here for no other purpose than to look smart.


You throw around the word ahistorical as if anything you claimed was historically correct.

While debating whether men and women are equal you threw in a historic argument that "if men and women are equal why have men in Indo-European societies been dominant for 3000 years" or something along these lines.

While it's true that men have dominated for long time in a lot of history (minus a bunch of instances in Europe that ended up in becoming the Witch hunts read: On the Trail of the "Witches:" Wise Women, Midwives and the European Witch Hunts
Ritta Jo Horsley and Richard A. Horsley
Women in German Yearbook
Vol. 3 (1987), pp. 1-28). This doesn't mean this was right nor does it make women unequal to men. Nor is your argument of any significance to the question whether men and women are equal. It's an Appeal to tradition / history and therefore a fallacy. There is a whole history of religious and social complex ideas that have managed to play women down. Because if you strip that all away you'll see that we are in fact all equal.
b]Proud District Manager and Citizen of Paradise Hills[/b]
Chief Marketing Officer of HMSCM
[b]Creator of https://HMGuide.info

Next

cron