Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report a Player [Report] Ashlynn_Rose - Bias during Investigation

[Report] Ashlynn_Rose - Bias during Investigation

Found a player breaking the rules? You can report them here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

[Report] Ashlynn_Rose - Bias during Investigation

Postby cmvo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:26 am

Hello all, mainly admin/higher staff. It has come to my attention during my talks with Ashlynn_rose that one of the following is occuring:

Staff is treated in a manner in which they are not held to the same standards of communication as others.
I am being unfairly banned due to a bias where a rule applies to me, but no one else.

While being questioned about my recent ban, it was brought up that I am mainly being banned for joking about how I had crashed the stock. It didn't matter to staff that I hadn't done it, and that no one had been affected by it, but the mere fact that I had said it was enough to incriminate me. This lead me to question, does the saying it = doing it rule (directly quoted from Ashlynn_Rose) only apply to me or would it apply to anyone just as equally? If a staff member we're to say "./eco take cmvo 1000000" or "cmvo, I just took 1 million from your bal," would they also get banned for intent to the number of 1 million Forsals? To this she had no response other than to steer the conversation away and make excuses multiple times, as seen here:

https://gyazo.com/575a13c5346959f54c5f2d87f24c3d49
https://gyazo.com/58548d8516883c35db3f87a85974b67c
https://gyazo.com/bac5858b4c46e4c821613487b70c528d

She is shown being unwilling to answer it, claiming that it is similar to her ridiculous orphan question. This leads me to believe that I am being treated unfairly in the regard to my ban, and when I asked if I could speak to another staff member I was told:

ashlynn_roseToday at 10:27 PM
Do you think that if you don't like your verdict, you get to request a new one? This isn't lawyers, who by the way, you can fire at any point in time if you are dissatisfied with their representation

I, at this time, would like both the staff and community to understand that I am not doing this in an effort to get unbanned, merely annoyed that theres an obvious bias towards certain parties regarding the rules.

To me, this seems like *one* staff member reaching to find anything they can to try to keep me banned, not allowing me to present my evidence that would clear me of anything accused to other staff, and refusing to keep a precedent that was already set prior in chat.
FMDIAMOND likes this post.
Message me for start-up funding and investment opportunities!

Re: [Report] Ashlynn_Rose - Bias during Investigation

Postby cmvo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:35 am

As quoted from the website, actually, "A serious attempt at doing something that would get you banned, will be treated as doing it"

There is no mention of intent. Intent alone cannot be used as a primary means of punishment.

And, to be clear, as we know IRL has been brought up in this situation, IRL =/= HM and if you're trying to use the concept of intent as it would be in a court of law? Doesn't work here.
2 people like this post.

Postby FMDIAMOND » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:23 am

I know how you feel, :/ this is a joke, 5 years ago you could joke all you wanted, now mods ban anyone who make a joke that they don’t like. This isn’t a place where people are suppose to be taken seriously, I tried to make some people laugh, and I got banned for 6 months, no staff cared for the evidence I provided, now look at me, a 5 year vet, loosing all his assets.
~Arctic likes this post.
owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby Tekton9 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:34 am

This shouldn't even be a warning. What the hell.
Owner of ISI - The Best Superstore On Hellominers - Visit our Swamp City location!

Net Worth - F900,000

Postby ashlynn_rose » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:16 am

And where was I supposed to read this as a joke?

https://imgur.com/gallery/2hDwe6a
4 people like this post.
ashlynn_rose
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Staff since Jan 2019
Mayor of HelloClan City
CECO of Whole Blocks
Acting CEO of DOME Architecture
Former CEO of [Vanguard Industries]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lady High Chancellor for the Kingdom of Haven
Royal Countess of Esker Falls for Paradise Hills

Postby ashlynn_rose » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:33 am

Last post from me, just wanted to let you all know WHY I was reluctant to answer the question...threats like this

https://imgur.com/gallery/6MjNTwm
4 people like this post.
ashlynn_rose
Staff since Jan 2019
Mayor of HelloClan City
CECO of Whole Blocks
Acting CEO of DOME Architecture
Former CEO of [Vanguard Industries]
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lady High Chancellor for the Kingdom of Haven
Royal Countess of Esker Falls for Paradise Hills

Postby cmvo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:53 am

ashlynn_rose wrote:Last post from me, just wanted to let you all know WHY I was reluctant to answer the question...threats like this

https://imgur.com/gallery/6MjNTwm

Imgur isn't reading it, the only thing that could be taken as a "threat" was reporting staff for doing exactly what I laid out above. If i'm held to this standard, why shouldn't everyone be?

Postby ~Max » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:09 am

FMDIAMOND wrote:I know how you feel, :/ this is a joke, 5 years ago you could joke all you wanted, now mods ban anyone who make a joke that they don’t like. This isn’t a place where people are suppose to be taken seriously, I tried to make some people laugh, and I got banned for 6 months, no staff cared for the evidence I provided, now look at me, a 5 year vet, loosing all his assets.

This isn’t your topic. We already read yours.
2 people like this post.
Sas Fried Chicken- Helper Chicken

Postby ~Arctic » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:37 pm

You were banned fair and square.
<Mypuppyrue> reyt nice they ar
<~Arctic> aye
<Mypuppyrue> i dint ask ow u was
<~Arctic> them reilways ar reyt nice ar they
<Mypuppyrue> they are
<~Arctic> yeh get whattamean?
<Mypuppyrue> i get whatyamean
<~Arctic> ah gud
<Mypuppyrue> do tha lot get what us mean
<Trial-Mod ~Ash> my brain hurts

Postby cmvo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 pm

~Arctic wrote:You were banned fair and square.

I'm happy you could read that this was my report on Ashlynn and not a bantopic or an appeal from me.

Next