Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report a Player [Report] Continuance of Unfair Treatment by Specific Staff

[Report] Continuance of Unfair Treatment by Specific Staff

Found a player breaking the rules? You can report them here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Re: [Report] Continuance of Unfair Treatment by Specific Sta

Postby SidedSuns » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Strange is pulling a, "You can't charge me for anything! I'll quit for a while and then come back later, still with my rank!"
4 people like this post.
Assembly member of Ancient Greece.
Almost 2 years on the server
iCentiPay executive
Made HelloMiners 1st ever bus station: SunBus
:D

Postby ~Felix » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:27 pm

~Luc wrote:
~Felix wrote:I am not just reporting Strange.... I am reporting all of these staff members. This is about the process of me being fired from my position without reason and then having to deal with all these impartial individuals along the way to a verdict, which Missile gave, and wasn't recognized by current staff.

I don’t have much to say on anything else in this topic because I simply do not care enough to comment on any of it aside from this one particular thing that i have quoted above. I was in the discord server for the intro department or whatever it was when spartan brought you back to the team. Although I am no longer in that discord and as a result cannot send screenshots of the conversations that occurred when spart initially brought you back in, I can say that you don’t have much of an argument for any current decision that has been made regarding your position. You came in and tried to tell the current player managers and staff managers as well that whatever they were planning was no longer being considered as you were the one incharge now and you were going to revert it back 100% to how it was when you were removed. When you were essentially told that you did not have the sole power and could not make that decision on your own, you threw a bit of a tantrum and left the discord server. I found that to be quite unprofessional, even given the circumstances of your situation that you went through since your original removal from the department. The issue however, is that a decision that was made by a player who at the time of your reinstatement was/is no longer a member of staff, no longer has any significance as far as the staff is concerned. Even irl, when a decision is made by a manager and then they leave the business before the decision has actually been put in place, there is no guarantee that it will still happen. I have seen this happen to multiple people I know, like someone who was supposed to be hired at my work but then the department manager quit so the person’s hiring process was never completed. He ended up not getting hired because the new manager didn’t feel he would be a good addition to the team. Another example is a friend of mine had a verbal commitment/scholarship to uMass for soccer, and had it for 2 years. When the coach was replaced, the new coach said he didn’t want her and revoked the offer (she got an even better offer right after, but thats not the point). It’s unfortunate when these situations happen but you are not owed anything just because an old admin said something that was never acted upon. You were lucky to be brought back, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan was to first see how you would work with the new team before giving you more power, and if that was the case, you did not do very well.

Best of luck with your report. I’m sure you will definitely have some sort of rebuttal as to why I am wrong and you deserve what missile said he would give you, but life doesn’t work like that. There is no bias here (which i might be accused of), I am just pointing out that you are owed absolutely nothing in terms of the intro dept. position, and you threw away your opportunity to show that you can still fulfill that position after so much time. If they give you another opportunity under the same circumstances, it is my advice to you that you take it with gratitude and prove to them you deserve a position with more power. Anyways, good luck with this :|

To be honest, I've waited close to a year for an investigation into my removal and into these staff members. Imagine waiting a fucking year to hear a verdict on a made-up investigation into me regarding my 'demeanor.' I've also been treated horrendously by staff as a whole throughout this process. Yes, I was not acting professionally but if someone tells you you won the lottery but only gives you 5$, you'd be pretty pissed, right? I have been waiting this long to manage this department and guess what...... it's still dead. I appreciate the advice.

Postby yamaazizi » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:55 pm

This is quite literally how most (not all) of the admins are.
I know exactly how it is to be ignored by admins, as it has happened many many times, and did something happen to the admins? No, and that is exactly whats wrong. Many admins are ignoring us and they hit us with the "I also have a life" or "No im busy" or just straight up not replying, and when we get some answers its always rude, and silly as you've pointed out.

Now that we are talking about rude admins, will this have any consequences for missile?
viewtopic.php?f=171&t=30958&p=319450&hilit=+report+missile#p319450
2 people like this post.
City evaluator
YeliExpress
WholeBlocks
Discord - yamaazizi#8149

https://www.instagram.com/yamaazizi/

Postby ~Felix » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:16 pm

We are still waiting for a response. These individuals on the staff team haven't even been temporarily removed for the investigation despite the overwhelming evidence against them. I have also not received any word on when a verdict will be posted here; I was told 2 days ago...... How much deliberation is really required in giving me back my position at least? Are we trying to help the server or are we trying to continue to hurt it? Right now there is an empty department that isn't making any progress, this makes no sense.
_DJDoodle_ likes this post.

Postby ~Weather » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:11 pm

~Felix wrote:We are still waiting for a response. These individuals on the staff team haven't even been temporarily removed for the investigation despite the overwhelming evidence against them. I have also not received any word on when a verdict will be posted here; I was told 2 days ago...... How much deliberation is really required in giving me back my position at least? Are we trying to help the server or are we trying to continue to hurt it? Right now there is an empty department that isn't making any progress, this makes no sense.

The philosophy this server runs on... ignore it and it'll either fix itself or go away.
2 people like this post.
Net Worth - 1M+

Postby SilverKnight » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:48 am

DR_StevenStrange wrote:
~Baz wrote:this is discussing, I've known that the admins where not good with their attitudes but this pushes it. I am sick of the way the staff has been ran and every time i try to bring it up to staff they just pretend its not a thing. I believe most of the admins should be demoted, there has been too much sweeping it under the carpet for the longest time. I've been trying to get the attention of sk or tedde for too long. this situation has gone to far. Knowing admins they will lock or delete this topic. I cant believe this is what the server has came to.
ViHQ wrote:I don't have nearly as much evidence, or logs, or anything for that matter, but instead I can leave a constructive comment on how I see things, and how they directly correlate with the evidence provided in this report.

It cannot be denied that once a player has been promoted to staff, that the air around them changes. People start being nicer to them, more people welcome them back, it feels good to be a staff member. Something to be proud of. But with any position in power, comes great responsibility. And I think that responsibility has not been there for some time, or at least accountability for irresponsible actions.

The server has become a popularity game between all the old players. People have taken sides and it's clear where most people rest. This has lead to biased decisions being made. One staff member may not agree with a policy or change, but since their favourite person is the one who suggested it, well they have to vote for it, or else that person may not like them anymore.

It's absurd that Felix had to fight so much, just to lose his position. It's absurd how the whole situation was handled. We can do better than this, can't we? Instead of acting like children, why can't we have true discussions on right and wrong and not just where someone stands on the spectrum? I know we can do better than this because 5 years ago this wouldn't have been an issue.

Personally I get the feeling that strange does not like me either. I fucked up by criticizing the staff team for not letting beta come back, and ruined my chances for becoming a trial mod forever. A dream I've had since about 2016. Gone. My chances ruined because an admin or two doesn't like me.
When will staff realize that the more they fuck over players, the more likely that the server is going to dry up and die?

This case right here proves that there is a level of corruption in our staff team and we cannot let this go on.
_DJDoodle_ wrote:I think as a server, we must understand real life issues stay for real life consequences. Just because I rob a store doesn't mean I should be banned on the server. I feel the staff need a better grasp of this. Things that happen on the server are dealt with on the server. Things that happen on discord are dealt with in discord, things that happen of the forums are dealt with in the forums. There should be no connection between them. The problem is I was banned 24 hours ago for something that Strange couldn't seem send me the rule saying what I did was illegal. The admins do not seem to understand they can't make rules up on the spot, deal with everything the way they want to and make peoples life hard because the person got annoyed at you. It's time we got the staff into shape and when I say we, I mean as a community.

Forum rules:
Follow posting rules in the report and unban sections.
Only reply to these topics in the report and unban subforums if the reply has to do with new, objective information that is directly relevant to the events described in the topic or evidence to prove or disprove claims made in the topic. The punishment for this is a 2-strike system. First time this rule is broken on a specific topic will result in the post being deleted and an informal warning sent through PM. The second time the rule is ignored on a specific topic will result in a formal board warning.

And now the admin just brings up really old rules and warns ppl.
Honestly I will definitely get warned, but I dont care. The reason i left was that the staff werent rly supportive anymore (some of them are nice still tho), and they dont really know what they are dealing with. They think they could just pretend to run it well and be done with it. But its a whole server with 10 years of history.
It really shouldnt be governed by admins who come on and off and just ban ppl for a tiny thing, and just having a developer who cant even help.
_DJDoodle_ likes this post.
Silver :" Why u no want build in sol?
Luke :"Find me a 20x20 plot for an apt ( not ocelot it's full)
Silver :" Build in sol pls."
Luke :"*smashes head on desk*"
Silver :"What do you mean? I'm saying that u should build apt in sol after that one."
Luke :"*smashes head on desk again*"
#TrollLogic2017

#ImWithBeta
Baron of Coconut Beach

Postby ~Felix » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:49 pm

This is now the third day without any response. A formal verdict was supposed to be posted 3 days ago..... it’s not like I’ve waited close to a year for this to be solved. :|

Postby troller2000 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:48 am

Bump

Postby MrNuggly » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:28 pm

~Alex wrote:Dr strange needs to go. Most immature adult I have come across probably. He has been in these types of situations many times... don't know how people put up with his bull crap. The only excuse is that "he saves the server" "He fixes everything" but nothing strange did/does is something that someone else could do.

The closest thing to this would be something that happened with Meep a few months back. Strange being rude, saying he did not like him and that he would ban him if he could and perm banned him from the forum and refused to unban claiming he had no idea how etc.

Strange needs to be investigated but you better do it quick before he goes deleting stuff.

You should have been banned permanently, if anything you benefitted from unfair staff treatment

Postby Gerhard » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:34 pm

MrNuggly wrote:
~Alex wrote:Dr strange needs to go. Most immature adult I have come across probably. He has been in these types of situations many times... don't know how people put up with his bull crap. The only excuse is that "he saves the server" "He fixes everything" but nothing strange did/does is something that someone else could do.

The closest thing to this would be something that happened with Meep a few months back. Strange being rude, saying he did not like him and that he would ban him if he could and perm banned him from the forum and refused to unban claiming he had no idea how etc.

Strange needs to be investigated but you better do it quick before he goes deleting stuff.

You should have been banned permanently, if anything you benefitted from unfair staff treatment

Why should she have been permanently banned, when she is no threat to the server and not a repeat offender?
Player manager of HelloClan City Main
Volunteer Firefighter - Goose Creek Rural Fire Dept.
Trident Amateur Radio Club Member
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

PreviousNext