Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report a Player [Report] Continuance of Unfair Treatment by Specific Staff

[Report] Continuance of Unfair Treatment by Specific Staff

Found a player breaking the rules? You can report them here.
Moderators: WhatPenguin, MissileGamer

Re: [Report] Continuance of Unfair Treatment by Specific Sta

Postby SpartanPride7 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:53 am

Hey,

Rodney, Marc, and I will be re-examining everything listed here. If anyone else has any logs that are relevant to this situation, please private message me, the other admins listed above, or create a separate report.

As I’ve said to you before Felix, I’m sorry that this has happened to you. Since I was not here, I was in no power to interve at any point. When you first brought this to my attention, I did not see it go as deep as you are revealing here. You have my word that me and the other two admins will investigate this far more than it had been, an investigation that it should have had before this occurred.

Please refrain from further postings unless it is relevant to the issue at hand. If you need to make separate reports, please do so. Just keep this post on topic, please. :)

Once again, I give my most sincere apologies that this happened and I regret not being able to stop any of this sooner.
4 people like this post.

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby Domination LT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:56 am

When you talk about people making them look bad infront of the entire community it puts a toll on that person, while you may all have beliefs and opinions this is just mean and rude and i dont honestly care what you have to say about this, but Strange has been a large help and while we all have bad days he has on many occasions been the only staff member that actually listened and hped me and for that he will always have my respect, someone lock this before any more fellings are hurt, all of this could have been privately with staff, there's a reason bans like Icys r left private and it's the same reason that all this should have been done privately, ik after this everyone is going to get mad and pissy with me but bring it, im used to it on HM
ViHQ likes this post.
Founder and Regulator of the Transportation Dept
Founder and CEO of Vilnius International
Owner of the City of Trakai
City Tier Evaluator
On the Executive Council for The Kingdom of Haven
Founder and Commissioner of the BBE

Contact me at: dominationlt@gmail.com

"If you want to make a difference.... don't spam the chat :/ "
~DominationLT 2018

Postby ~Felix » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:58 am

Spartan,

You have been my friend on this server for some time and I respect you for the past. However, most recently you denied me access to the intro department role that I was seeking, along with KingofCamels. I can provide logs but I'm sure that's just going to cause more issues. Are you now saying that I am correct and that Missile's ruling will be recognized or are you still in opposition to me as you were only a few weeks ago?

Background: When I asked Spartan he told me I would be reinstated but then modified his response later to say that I would not be in a head position with no superiors, as Missile ruled, but that I would be in a position equivalent to everyone else with no leadership. So I'm very confused on what's going on? You yourself refused to recognize a ruling from an admin so why is this now "deeper" than what I revealed to you? You had access to all this information.

And finally,

I have spoken to over a dozen players who have told me how unfair this situation has been for me and yet they are scared to post on the forums in fear of being treated poorly by staff, by other players, and they are afraid they will have no future as a trial-mod. This is absurd. Can I be added to a live chat with you all so that I can communicate more efficiently or is this, as with the previous problems, going to be staying behind 'closed doors?'
SilverKnight likes this post.

Postby ~Felix » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:04 am

Domination LT wrote:When you talk about people making them look bad infront of the entire community it puts a toll on that person, while you may all have beliefs and opinions this is just mean and rude and i dont honestly care what you have to say about this, but Strange has been a large help and while we all have bad days he has on many occasions been the only staff member that actually listened and hped me and for that he will always have my respect, someone lock this before any more fellings are hurt, all of this could have been privately with staff, there's a reason bans like Icys r left private and it's the same reason that all this should have been done privately, ik after this everyone is going to get mad and pissy with me but bring it, im used to it on HM

I do not want this topic locked. None of the concerns have actually been dealt with and people seem to be adding in evidence and their own thoughts. A community has a right to share its mind. We cannot deny that. I am not saying that all of Strange is bad, but I am saying that we have enough evidence to remove him, and others, from the staff team as well as give them appropriate punishments.

Postby Domination LT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:16 am

~Felix wrote:
Domination LT wrote:When you talk about people making them look bad infront of the entire community it puts a toll on that person, while you may all have beliefs and opinions this is just mean and rude and i dont honestly care what you have to say about this, but Strange has been a large help and while we all have bad days he has on many occasions been the only staff member that actually listened and hped me and for that he will always have my respect, someone lock this before any more fellings are hurt, all of this could have been privately with staff, there's a reason bans like Icys r left private and it's the same reason that all this should have been done privately, ik after this everyone is going to get mad and pissy with me but bring it, im used to it on HM

I do not want this topic locked. None of the concerns have actually been dealt with and people seem to be adding in evidence and their own thoughts. A community has a right to share its mind. We cannot deny that. I am not saying that all of Strange is bad, but I am saying that we have enough evidence to remove him, and others, from the staff team as well as give them appropriate punishments.

And ive been constantly mistreated, ignored, harassed, by staff members who can be extremely rude, welcome to HM 2019, none of my concerns or suggestions r listened to and nothing is done so.... if anything it just makes everyone mad at me for nothing
Founder and Regulator of the Transportation Dept
Founder and CEO of Vilnius International
Owner of the City of Trakai
City Tier Evaluator
On the Executive Council for The Kingdom of Haven
Founder and Commissioner of the BBE

Contact me at: dominationlt@gmail.com

"If you want to make a difference.... don't spam the chat :/ "
~DominationLT 2018

Postby UnboxingGold » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:43 am

Here is going to be my two cents,

(disclaimer I didn't read every single line but i got the general idea of it if you have a comment to make please say it in a constructive manner)

1) I didn't think Felix was anymore professional in the manner then strange was. To my understanding any glitches or reports that need to be made about the server need to be posted on forums. It is not a single admins responsibly to handle it unless they decide to. You can't really just be like oh hey this is broken please fix it through a message because its not properly documented and other staff cant see it.

2) Second of all I think both parties on this where disrespectful to each other. If you cant reach a solution getting aggressive with an admin or being displeased with them through chat isn't really going to solve it. If you are not happy with the service report it on forums and move on. I feel like fighting fire with fire from experience doesn't really solve anything.

3) at the end of the day to my understanding the admins and mods are basically dedicating their time to run the server and not getting payed in real life. Yes they may receive in game compensation but that really doesn't matter because at one point we all move on from this game or this server may shut down who knows but we need to be practical for a second and think before we start turning into keyboard warriors.

4) im not blowing smoke but I can see why strange got upset with felix. I personally was very close to a admin in my early days on this server and he told me players give the staff a lot of Sh*t throughout the day and their mailboxes are completely clogged. there's times where they want to log on and play and they can simply not and need to assist players. I understand they choose to be in the position but for us to keep a stable happy staff we do need to cut them some slack. Every single time I've asked for anything from A-Z mods and admins including strange have been excellent in delivering that to me and ive been grateful. any issues ive had with them have been resolve with both of us coming together and working it out and to this day ive had nothing but respect for them. what strange said was not professional at all but i can see his frustration having to deal with people that complain more then appreciate them.

at the end of the day guys this server is only as strong as the people who play it we need to have a strong relationship with staff and support the staff in any way possible I completely agree with Felix making the report but at the same time i feel like there's a little bit of drama that can simply be left out. Theres issues of accountability within players and staff that need to be ironed out and we need to work together to improve the server not put people on blast strange is an excellent admin that has done so much for us and seeing what he said i personally dont blame him it happens to the best of us and we need to handle it and continue to work and improve our server .

feel free to comment if i said anything wrong and i will respond

~UG
ViHQ likes this post.

Postby ~Felix » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:46 am

UnboxingGold wrote:Here is going to be my two cents,

(disclaimer I didn't read every single line but i got the general idea of it if you have a comment to make please say it in a constructive manner)

1) I didn't think Felix was anymore professional in the manner then strange was. To my understanding any glitches or reports that need to be made about the server need to be posted on forums. It is not a single admins responsibly to handle it unless they decide to. You can't really just be like oh hey this is broken please fix it through a message because its not properly documented and other staff cant see it.

2) Second of all I think both parties on this where disrespectful to each other. If you cant reach a solution getting aggressive with an admin or being displeased with them through chat isn't really going to solve it. If you are not happy with the service report it on forums and move on. I feel like fighting fire with fire from experience doesn't really solve anything.

3) at the end of the day to my understanding the admins and mods are basically dedicating their time to run the server and not getting payed in real life. Yes they may receive in game compensation but that really doesn't matter because at one point we all move on from this game or this server may shut down who knows but we need to be practical for a second and think before we start turning into keyboard warriors.

4) im not blowing smoke but I can see why strange got upset with felix. I personally was very close to a admin in my early days on a server and he told me players give the staff a lot of Sh*t throughout the day and their mailboxes are completely clogged. there's times where they want to log on and play and they can simply not and need to assist players. I understand they choose to be in the position but for us to keep a stable happy staff we do need to cut them some slack. Every single time I've asked for anything from A-Z mods and admins including strange have been excellent in delivering that to me and ive been grateful. any issues ive had with them have been resolve with both of us coming together and working it out and to this day ive had nothing but respect for them. what strange said was not professional at all but i can see his frustration having to deal with people that complain more then appreciate them.

at the end of the day guys this server is only as strong as the people who play it we need to have a strong relationship with staff and support the staff in any way possible I completely agree with Felix making the report but at the same time i feel like there's a little bit of drama that can simply be left out. Theres issues of accountability within players and staff that need to be ironed out and we need to work together to improve the server not put people on blast strange is an excellent admin that has done so much for us and seeing what he said i personally dont blame him it happens to the best of us and we need to handle it and continue to work and improve our server .

~UG

Completely agree but you need to read the entirety of the topic to understand the whole process. It seems as you only saw my conversations with Strange. Might want to look through comments and read the rest of the things he does. It's not that I wasn't being aggressive, it's that he cannot handle this position. He has "quit" the server like 5 times, please refer to the second half of the Strange evidence and then look at Alex's post in the comments. Thanks, Also look at Ultra's demeanor and the other moderators as well and their responses. I have more information I can send you personally as well.

Additionally,

I am not just reporting Strange.... I am reporting all of these staff members. This is about the process of me being fired from my position without reason and then having to deal with all these impartial individuals along the way to a verdict, which Missile gave, and wasn't recognized by current staff.

Postby UnboxingGold » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:50 am

~Felix wrote:
UnboxingGold wrote:Here is going to be my two cents,

4) im not blowing smoke but I can see why strange got upset with felix. I personally was very close to a admin in my early days on a server and he told me players give the staff a lot of Sh*t throughout the day and their mailboxes are completely clogged. there's times where they want to log on and play and they can simply not and need to assist players. I understand they choose to be in the position but for us to keep a stable happy staff we do need to cut them some slack. Every single time I've asked for anything from A-Z mods and admins including strange have been excellent in delivering that to me and ive been grateful. any issues ive had with them have been resolve with both of us coming together and working it out and to this day ive had nothing but respect for them. what strange said was not professional at all but i can see his frustration having to deal with people that complain more then appreciate them.

~UG

Completely agree but you need to read the entirety of the topic to understand the whole process. It seems as you only saw my conversations with Strange. Might want to look through comments and read the rest of the things he does. It's not that I wasn't being aggressive, it's that he cannot handle this position. He has "quit" the server like 5 times, please refer to the second half of the Strange evidence and then look at Alex's post in the comments. Thanks, Also look at Ultra's demeanor and the other moderators as well and their responses. I have more information I can send you personally as well.

Additionally,

I am not just reporting Strange.... I am reporting all of these staff members. This is about the process of me being fired from my position without reason and then having to deal with all these impartial individuals along the way to a verdict, which Missile gave, and wasn't recognized by current staff.

alright ill defiantly take a look I completely agree with you something does need to be done with how staff is at this time and how they handled your situation I will back you up on this no doubt any one that is in a position to represent the server should be cool calm and collective at all times. Good luck on this

~UG
~Felix likes this post.

Postby ~Luc » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:09 am

~Felix wrote:I am not just reporting Strange.... I am reporting all of these staff members. This is about the process of me being fired from my position without reason and then having to deal with all these impartial individuals along the way to a verdict, which Missile gave, and wasn't recognized by current staff.

I don’t have much to say on anything else in this topic because I simply do not care enough to comment on any of it aside from this one particular thing that i have quoted above. I was in the discord server for the intro department or whatever it was when spartan brought you back to the team. Although I am no longer in that discord and as a result cannot send screenshots of the conversations that occurred when spart initially brought you back in, I can say that you don’t have much of an argument for any current decision that has been made regarding your position. You came in and tried to tell the current player managers and staff managers as well that whatever they were planning was no longer being considered as you were the one incharge now and you were going to revert it back 100% to how it was when you were removed. When you were essentially told that you did not have the sole power and could not make that decision on your own, you threw a bit of a tantrum and left the discord server. I found that to be quite unprofessional, even given the circumstances of your situation that you went through since your original removal from the department. The issue however, is that a decision that was made by a player who at the time of your reinstatement was/is no longer a member of staff, no longer has any significance as far as the staff is concerned. Even irl, when a decision is made by a manager and then they leave the business before the decision has actually been put in place, there is no guarantee that it will still happen. I have seen this happen to multiple people I know, like someone who was supposed to be hired at my work but then the department manager quit so the person’s hiring process was never completed. He ended up not getting hired because the new manager didn’t feel he would be a good addition to the team. Another example is a friend of mine had a verbal commitment/scholarship to uMass for soccer, and had it for 2 years. When the coach was replaced, the new coach said he didn’t want her and revoked the offer (she got an even better offer right after, but thats not the point). It’s unfortunate when these situations happen but you are not owed anything just because an old admin said something that was never acted upon. You were lucky to be brought back, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the plan was to first see how you would work with the new team before giving you more power, and if that was the case, you did not do very well.

Best of luck with your report. I’m sure you will definitely have some sort of rebuttal as to why I am wrong and you deserve what missile said he would give you, but life doesn’t work like that. There is no bias here (which i might be accused of), I am just pointing out that you are owed absolutely nothing in terms of the intro dept. position, and you threw away your opportunity to show that you can still fulfill that position after so much time. If they give you another opportunity under the same circumstances, it is my advice to you that you take it with gratitude and prove to them you deserve a position with more power. Anyways, good luck with this :|
Retired [Trial-Mod] — 2016, 2018-2019

Postby d0dleysvrz » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Tbh i think there's i difference in an admin being un professional or a player being unporfessional.

An admin runs this server, felix clearly doesn't have that position so i don't see why we're blaming him for his professionality.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

PreviousNext