Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report a Player The New Report System

The New Report System

Found a player breaking the rules? You can report them here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

The New Report System

Postby Marc » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:03 pm

This is an introduction topic. More information from the department is to be provided at a later date.

As you may or may not have noticed, the staff have been working on a way to redesign our current department system. Since there seems to be a lack of efficiency and inactivity to attain to certain tasks within the server, we are beginning to improve the way things are being handled by staff for the players in the quickest amount of time possible. ;)

Reports will now no longer require the need for every staff member to respond to. From this point forward, a small group of staff members who are in the group will focus on the reports in the queue, and discuss each report thoroughly before coming to a final conclusion on the report with their decision. Should the group not come to a final conclusion, the admins reserve the right to make the final call.

The current staff attending to reports are:
Admin - What_Penguin
Mod - MissileGamer
Mod - Felipe98_
Mod - Jenica
Mod - ~Tunnel

(This list will not be updated. You will be able to see the list of moderators at the top of the forum reports section - similar to how city tiers work.)

The staff in this group will have the ability to lock and unlock report topics at their discretion. If this system tends to work out well, we hope to allow the staff within this group to attend to confidential reports too much quicker.

• However, it is suggested from this point forward, if you wish to report a staff member, you can send a mail to one of the admins or global moderators: (SpartanPride7, Marc or SucceededKiller)

In order for us to make a final call on a report much quicker, you should provide as much detail as possible including but not limited to:

What happened?
-Who was involved?
-When did it happen? (Date Range is better than nothing)
-Logs
-Screenshots

As we continue to setup this group, we hope that reports will be answered much more efficiently than usual.

Thank you for reading.
18 people like this post.

Admin marc050301

“This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adherent to a simple set of rules. Test ideas by experiments and observations. Build on those ideas that pass the test. Reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours"

- Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson - Cosmos a Spacetime Odyssey - Standing up in the Milky Way

Re: The New Report System

Postby Fr00t » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Me likey this report system. I think a ban team would also be more efficient. (In game bans not reports)
D0n't mess with me 0r y0u will be rekt like Moonie.
He th0ught he c0uld beat me in a 1v1 with fists 0nly t0 realize that I am the best minecraft PvPer since Notch.

Postby EischMC » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Does this system bar, say for example, ravenmoon01 from responding to a report and settling it? I would hope not, because you would then be restricting a large chunk of the staff team from helping out.
Dylad likes this post.
Actions cannot be undone, so don't let them ruin the fun.

Postby Marc » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:31 pm

EischMC wrote:Does this system bar, say for example, ravenmoon01 from responding to a report and settling it? I would hope not, because you would then be restricting a large chunk of the staff team from helping out.

No - It's not intended to. It's now an optional component, unless you are in that specific department. :P If someone disagrees with a ban/report or whatever the case may be, they can for sure bring it to the attention of that team if it hasn't been done so already. But this should prevent the idea of having to wait almost all the time for most staff's response on one specific issue.
Tunnel likes this post.

Admin marc050301

“This adventure is made possible by generations of searchers strictly adherent to a simple set of rules. Test ideas by experiments and observations. Build on those ideas that pass the test. Reject the ones that fail. Follow the evidence wherever it leads, and question everything. Accept these terms, and the cosmos is yours"

- Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson - Cosmos a Spacetime Odyssey - Standing up in the Milky Way

Postby Tunnel » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Marc wrote:
The current staff attending to reports are:
Admin - What_Penguin
Mod - MissileGamer
Mod - Felipe98_
Mod - Jenica
Mod - ~Tunnel

(This list will not be updated. You will be able to see the list of moderators at the top of the forum reports section - similar to how city tiers work.)

The staff in this group will have the ability to lock and unlock report topics at their discretion.

You forgot to add me to the group :p

Could you please fix that when you have a chance? ty <3
Former HelloMiners Moderator
--
"I am my life's work."

Postby Captainadurica » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:13 pm

I always had a suggestion something like this (Give particular staff particular jobs instead of everyone having everything) but never came around to post it
~Hari likes this post.
ImageLike · Succeededkiller likes this post.

Player since 01/03/15
#RiskLifeForTruth
Hellominers World War
The world is a lie.
The end is near

Connect with me:

Postby ~Ben » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:45 pm

I like this, there needs to be an eviction team too.

Postby ~Hari » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:00 pm

~Ben wrote:I like this, there needs to be an eviction team too.

removed, I'm stupid lol
Last edited by ~Hari on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HelloMiners player since: 15th May 2016

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:06 pm

~Gummybear wrote:
~Ben wrote:I like this, there needs to be an eviction team too.

I think that would be unnecessary :P

Because it doesn't take all the staff team to decide if evictions are good.

I think they mean a team that goes around eyesoring, evicting plots, and auctioning them.
Mob maker since October 2017

Postby ~Hari » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Im stupid :P
HelloMiners player since: 15th May 2016

Next