Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report a Player [Report] KingOfCamels101: Failure to Properly Ban

[Report] KingOfCamels101: Failure to Properly Ban

Found a player breaking the rules? You can report them here.

[Report] KingOfCamels101: Failure to Properly Ban

Postby Block_Banker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:31 am

I would like to report the mod by the IGN of KingOfCamels101 in regards to his banning of Block_Banker. The ban topic concerning this report can be found at http://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=298&t=25940.

First Failure: Inappropriate Ban
The above mod authorized a ban under false pretenses. He banned based on the reason of "Using a unknown program to avoid AFK kick." He reached this conclusion with insufficient evidence and insufficient consideration.

The HelloMiners Server and Forum Rules regarding this alleged crime states:

Code: Select all
Using any method or device to avoid becoming AFK while not playing actively:
A week 1 ban. If a player has been caught doing this before, the punishment will be more severe.

The word "while" defines as "at the same time as." The above rule, therefore, does not apply unless the player uses "any method or device to avoid becoming AFK" AND does "not [play] actively." The mod incorrectly applied this rule to justify a ban.
    1. The mod provided insufficient evidence that the player was using "any method or device to avoid becoming AFK."
    2. The mod provided insufficient consideration that the player was "not playing actively."
    3. The mod provided insufficient argument that the player was performing both acts at the same time.

The video that the mod provided of the event is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFweprrfpM0&feature=youtu.be. This video specifies the events that occurred from the mod's perspective.

Below are the logs specifying the events that occurred from the player's perspective. The banned player in question is myself. My IGN is Block_Banker. My nickname at the time of the occurrence was ~HelloBlock.

[22:03:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod ~Rodney -> me] Hello?
[22:04:16] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod ~Rodney -> me] hellooo?
[22:04:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Mod ~Rodney teleported you to Mod ~Rodney.
[22:04:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Teleporting...
[22:04:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:31] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:38] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:39] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:40] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:41] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Mod ~Rodney -> me] ok
[22:04:47] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:48] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:51] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:56] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:58] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:04:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:06] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:07] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:11] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here.
[22:05:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~HelloBlock> Who pushed me?
[22:05:41] [Client thread/INFO]: Connecting to <censored>
[22:06:06] [Client thread/INFO]: Stopping!
[22:06:06] [Client thread/INFO]: SoundSystem shutting down...

Based on the player's logs and the mod's video, can the mod make a sufficient claim justifying a ban that the player was "using any method or device to avoid becoming AFK"? No.
    1. The mod did not present any sufficient evidence that the player was "using any method or device to avoid becoming AFK" while the player was mining at the stone generator.
    2. The mod did not sufficiently verify that the player was "using any method or device to avoid becoming AFK" after the player was teleported.

The mod insufficiently justified the ban with the following: "0:00-0:35 I msg player but they just keep on mining." (http://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=298&t=25940)
The mod attempted to prove that the player was using a "method or device to avoid becoming AFK" by messaging the player and waiting for a response. A player's lack of response to a message does not constitute AFKing. The following are expected reasons for why a player would not respond to messages:
    1. The player ignored the messages.
    2. The player toggled F1.
    3. The player disabled chat.
    4. The player minimized his chat box height.
    5. The player looked away from the screen when the messages arrived.
    6. The player did not hear the messages' "dings."

The mod inappropriately justified the ban with the following: "0:36-1:00 I move them and they just mine the air." (http://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=298&t=25940)
The mod attempted to prove that the player was using a "method or device to avoid becoming AFK" by teleporting the player and verifying if the player was still mining. In the post at http://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=282&t=25941, players have tested this scenario.

Dylad performed an experiment to test whether a player can continue mining in the air. He found the following results:
"If you hold down the mouse key while mining the air, it won’t do anything. You have to jitter it to do something. Due to [the banned player] saying [he] never jittered and was mining in the air, [he] had to have a program to do so..."

Multiexplode performed an experiment to test whether a player can continue mining in the air after being teleported. His results confirmed Dylad's results. He found the following results:
"I tested this in a singleplayer world using a command block on a delay while I mined at a cobble generator. Every time it teleported me, my mining stopped completely. This would mean Block_Banker had to have used a program or a way of infinite clicking."

Therefore, the mod was correct in associating the act of "using any method or device to avoid becoming AFK" with the act of a player continuing to mine in the air after being teleported. However, the mod failed to sufficiently verify whether the player was mining in the air.

Multiexplode performed another experiment to test whether a player can continue mining at the ground after being teleported. He found the following results:
I did my same test while mining downwards, and it did keep mining once I was teleported. In the video, I cannot tell if you were mining the ground or not. It did look like you were looking somewhat downwards, so it is reasonable to assume you were mining the ground.

According to the player's logs, the server recognized that the player was mining regioned blocks after he was teleported. The logs captured the server repeatedly saying the following: "Hey! Sorry, but you can't break that block here."

Because the player was not mining "the air," as the mod had hastily assumed, the mod could not claim that the player was "using any method or device to avoid becoming AFK." Therefore, the mod sentenced a ban with improper evaluation of the situation.

Based on the player's log and on the mod's video, can the mod make a sufficient claim justifying a ban that the player was "not playing actively"? No.
    1. The mod cannot determine if the player was "not playing actively" while the player was at the stone generator.
    2. The mod did not recognize the player's response to being teleported.

The mod attempted to prove that the player was "not playing actively" by messaging the player and waiting for a response. Once again, a player's lack of response to a message does not constitute AFKing. The following are expected reasons for why a player would not respond to messages:
    1. The player ignored the messages.
    2. The player toggled F1.
    3. The player disabled chat.
    4. The player minimized his chat box height.
    5. The player looked away from the screen when the messages arrived.
    6. The player did not hear the messages' "dings."

The mod attempted to prove that the player was "not playing actively" by teleporting the player and observing the player's reaction. Based on the mod's video, the player was seen continuing to mine the surrounding blocks (or "the air" as the mod incorrectly claimed, as proven above).

If the mod could have verified that the player was mining the air and not the surrounding blocks, the mod could safely assume that the player was "using any method or device to avoid becoming AFK" (as tested above by other players) and that, therefore, the player's failure to immediately respond to being teleported was a sign that the player was "not playing actively."

However, as proven above, the player was not mining the air but the surrounding blocks. The mod could not determine if the player was "using any method or device to avoid becoming AFK" and, therefore, could not assume at all that the player's lack of immediate response to being teleported was a sign that the player was "not playing actively."

Yet, what could the player have been doing if he did not respond immediately to being teleported? Here is a list of possible scenarios the mod should have considered in evaluating if the player was "playing actively":
    1. The player refused to stop mining
    2. The player did not realize that he was moved during those 20 seconds of the mod's video

If the player did not realize that he was moved during those 20 seconds, the mod could not assume that the player was "not playing actively." 20 seconds is not enough time to verify if a player is actively playing. Any number of nearby distractions could have won the attention of the player during those 20 seconds. A player could look away and continue to mine while looking at a distraction for 20 seconds. The mod failed to provide enough time to consider the player to be "not actively playing."

Finally, the mod failed to recognize that the player responded to being moved approximately 40 seconds after being teleported. According to the mod's video, the mod switched out of his Minecraft window. According to the player's logs, the player responded in public chat to being teleported. Every player on during that time can verify their own logs to confirm.

EDIT #1: This code block with the player explicitly responding to being moved.
[22:05:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] <~HelloBlock> Who pushed me?

Based on the mod's video, the mod could not have seen the player's response and, thus, banned prematurely. If the mod had seen the player's response after ending his video, then the mod maliciously placed a ban while recognizing the player's response.

Therefore, the mod failed to provide sufficient consideration and hastily banned the player under false allegations.

Second Failure: Inappropriate Ban Time
The above mod did not order proper sentencing for the alleged offense. The punishment that he placed was "Banned for 8 days." The HelloMiners Server and Forum Rules specify a punishment for avoiding the AFK kickoff of:

A week 1 ban. If a player has been caught doing this before, the punishment will be more severe.

A week consists of 7 days, not the 8 days that was sentenced.

If the player had been caught doing this act before, the mod could justify the additional day of ban as fitting in a punishment that is more severe. However, the player, being myself, has not been caught doing this act before. Therefore, a more severe punishment would not be appropriate for this alleged act. The mod failed to apply correct sentencing to a ban given the alleged crime.

CONCLUSION
The HelloMiners Server and Forum Rules regarding this alleged crime states:

Using any method or device to avoid becoming AFK while not playing actively:

The word "while" defines as "at the same time as." The above rule, therefore, does not apply unless the player uses "any method or device to avoid becoming AFK" AND does "not [play] actively." The mod incorrectly applied this rule to justify a ban.
    1. The mod provided insufficient evidence that the player was using "any method or device to avoid becoming AFK."
    2. The mod provided insufficient consideration that the player was "not playing actively."
    3. The mod provided insufficient argument that the player was performing both acts at the same time.

In correcting this inappropriate ban, I request the following:
    1. that the player affected by this inappropriate ban be found innocent
    2. that the the player's ban be removed
    3. that the mod just refresh on the rules and come back in a week and he will know what not to do

EDIT: I added the log where I explicitly asked: "Who moved me".
EDIT: See EDIT #1 for the Edit.
Last edited by Block_Banker on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 people like this post.
ImageImage

Re: [Report] KingOfCamels101: Failure to Properly Ban

Postby Block_Banker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:45 am

Rodney, do you agree with me NOW?
_UltraPro_ likes this post.
ImageImage

Postby xX_LukePlayz_Xx » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:03 am

Yes, you did say "Who moved me?" before being banned, yet you did not provide evidence of you not really using it. See?
2 people like this post.
"Don't steal anything you dirty gypsie!" -Y2Kkid
"Do you take this stick to be your wife?" -Senjara
"You may now kiss the stick." -Senjara

Postby xX_LukePlayz_Xx » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:06 am

Banker, you were the player, so we know your saying "The Player" like that because you don't want to be flame wared.

Postby Block_Banker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:12 am

xX_LukePlayz_Xx wrote:Yes, you did say "Who moved me?" before being banned, yet you did not provide evidence of you not really using it. See?

I don't understand.
ImageImage

Postby xX_LukePlayz_Xx » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:16 am

Block_Banker wrote:
xX_LukePlayz_Xx wrote:Yes, you did say "Who moved me?" before being banned, yet you did not provide evidence of you not really using it. See?

I don't understand.

You should've also shown evidence in you not using a device, yet you did not provide it.
I am saying it on this topic because you didn't provide any evidence in your 8-day ban appeal.

Postby Fr00t » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:17 am

Someone's salty over a ban...
8 people like this post.
D0n't mess with me 0r y0u will be rekt like Moonie.
He th0ught he c0uld beat me in a 1v1 with fists 0nly t0 realize that I am the best minecraft PvPer since Notch.

Postby Block_Banker » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:27 am

xX_LukePlayz_Xx wrote:
Block_Banker wrote:

I don't understand.

You should've also shown evidence in you not using a device, yet you did not provide it.
I am saying it on this topic because you didn't provide any evidence in your 8-day ban appeal.

I have no idea how to provide evidence. I don't have a video camera recording me in my room as I play Minecraft. The only way that this ban can stand is if Rodney can prove that I was using an auto clicking program. But then he would say that if I was holding the mouse and looking away, that that is considered AFKing.

It's entirely unfair. But the mods aren't going to back me over this a stupid ban. It would be embarrassing for them to let me go now because they would look like they aren't fair and/or clumsy.
ImageImage

Postby Korzq » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:32 am

You were only using a mouse and nothing else? You only have your hand on the mouse that is breaking cobble?
Zyra_bot likes this post.
Raven’s son

Postby gbt2001 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:36 am

Although I understand where you are coming from with this, this has happened a lot to marvel and many other players (first one that popped in my head) and this has been seen as a fair and legitimate ban. We all have been banned for something and all have learned from it. Honestly, bans are very helpful on not getting to addicted to this game and you will feel better by the end of the week.

Here was another persons topic which is shown to be legitimate and sets a precedent on this issue.
http://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=298&t=22754&p=222023&hilit=Marvel#p222023

Next