Forum

HelloMiners Forum Reporting Report a Player [Report] d0dleysvrz

[Report] d0dleysvrz

Found a player breaking the rules? You can report them here.
Moderator: WhatPenguin

Re: [Report] d0dleysvrz

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:20 pm

and dome now firing doodle is a stupid action, dome already has been failing and now this
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Postby supermagicalplay » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:22 am

CoolPaisie101 wrote:and dome now firing doodle is a stupid action, dome already has been failing and now this

DOME is stronger than ever after partnering with the biggest design firms on HelloMiners.

Requesting topic lock, DR_StevenStrange has already denied this report.

Postby ~Luc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:05 am

Okay so just my two cents before this gets locked. As stated by scep, forced buybacks IRL only happen in very specific situations such as a bulk buyback(already explained by scep) OR when a company is being acquired by another entity. If we are trying to emulate a real stockmarket, neither of these situations apply, so it wouldn't happen.

Completely unrelated but...
d0dleysvrz wrote:You're trying to tell me that asking one staff member, mod even for that part,

ouch man, Technician, not mod. Anyways back to it...

Technically this is covered by the server rules. Stealing as we all know is against the server rules, and these shares are Doodle's property. If I own a portion of a city, lets say 30% of it, I cannot be removed from this without my consent as 30% is my property. I cannot be forced out of my own property with the exception of legal evictions for physical property, but this does not apply here. It is 100% justified to report when the threat of property being forcefully taken away from you is occurring. If I steal someone's diamond sword and give them the cost of one back, that doesn't change that I stole their property, took it without consent.

Staff, I expect a proper investigation to be done here. Any dealings within the server are under the jurisdiction of the staff. It is the staff's job to ensure all deals, trades, etc. are handled properly, even if it is in the HMCSM or any other market. What if I own a plot as my share of a company and the company decides one day to remove me from ownership???? This surely would be considered stealing or illegal eviction unless the offending party can prove an EXPLICIT contractual agreement has been made.

The matter of the fact is that DOME decided to remove doodle, and further decided to do an illegal forced buyback of property without Doodle's consent in order to fully remove him from any entitlement of the company. This is not right, and should be given the same proper investigation that any other report is given, without bias. That is the staff's job, is it not? Handle player disputes falls under the staff's set of responsibilities as proven by all other player-reports that have ever happened in the history of this server.
Lin wrote:If Strange said it's not a staff issuez then who are you to determine otherwise Doodle. You are not staff, so...

Staff members - even admins - do not always respond correctly. As far as the server rules work, this is 100% a staff issue. As you are not staff, you shouldn't be telling someone who is making a report that their issue is not a staff issue, and really shouldn't be attempting to contribute to the topic without evidence or supporting arguments for either side. Saying "If Strange said it's not a staff issuez then who are you to determine otherwise... etc. etc." serves no purpose other than to dismiss someone else's point without contributing anything beneficial, and given your relationship with that player and your tendency to only really comment on things that involve them only further supports that you shouldn't be making a comment on it.

Although it is not guaranteed that staff will do anything about this, it really is a matter of one player trying to force another player out of their rightful property, and compensation does not excuse that it is not fair, and is against the rules as per stealing. If it isn't in a previously agreed upon contract, it can't be applied now, even if it were to be added today, as it would still be after the original "contract" or deal was enacted.
3 people like this post.
[Technician]~Luc
Retired [Trial-Mod] — 2016, 2018-2019

Postby Lin » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:52 am

Not trying to be pissy or anything, but the fact people still use the "contribute with evidence or don't contribute" thing should actually be enforced if people want to throw it around so much.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312

I cull the herd, it's what I do.

[+] Rodney submitting to peer pressure

Code: Select all
>_Owner of Chiyoko

Postby President_KK » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:55 am

~Luc wrote:Okay so just my two cents before this gets locked. As stated by scep, forced buybacks IRL only happen in very specific situations such as a bulk buyback(already explained by scep) OR when a company is being acquired by another entity. If we are trying to emulate a real stockmarket, neither of these situations apply, so it wouldn't happen.

d0dleysvrz wrote:You're trying to tell me that asking one staff member, mod even for that part,

Technically this is covered by the server rules. Stealing as we all know is against the server rules, and these shares are Doodle's property. If I own a portion of a city, lets say 30% of it, I cannot be removed from this without my consent as 30% is my property. I cannot be forced out of my own property with the exception of legal evictions for physical property, but this does not apply here. It is 100% justified to report when the threat of property being forcefully taken away from you is occurring. If I steal someone's diamond sword and give them the cost of one back, that doesn't change that I stole their property, took it without consent.

Staff, I expect a proper investigation to be done here. Any dealings within the server are under the jurisdiction of the staff. It is the staff's job to ensure all deals, trades, etc. are handled properly, even if it is in the HMCSM or any other market. What if I own a plot as my share of a company and the company decides one day to remove me from ownership???? This surely would be considered stealing or illegal eviction unless the offending party can prove an EXPLICIT contractual agreement has been made.

The matter of the fact is that DOME decided to remove doodle, and further decided to do an illegal forced buyback of property without Doodle's consent in order to fully remove him from any entitlement of the company. This is not right, and should be given the same proper investigation that any other report is given, without bias. That is the staff's job, is it not? Handle player disputes falls under the staff's set of responsibilities as proven by all other player-reports that have ever happened in the history of this server.
Lin wrote:If Strange said it's not a staff issuez then who are you to determine otherwise Doodle. You are not staff, so...

Staff members - even admins - do not always respond correctly. As far as the server rules work, this is 100% a staff issue. As you are not staff, you shouldn't be telling someone who is making a report that their issue is not a staff issue, and really shouldn't be attempting to contribute to the topic without evidence or supporting arguments for either side. Saying "If Strange said it's not a staff issuez then who are you to determine otherwise... etc. etc." serves no purpose other than to dismiss someone else's point without contributing anything beneficial, and given your relationship with that player and your tendency to only really comment on things that involve them only further supports that you shouldn't be making a comment on it.

Although it is not guaranteed that staff will do anything about this, it really is a matter of one player trying to force another player out of their rightful property, and compensation does not excuse that it is not fair, and is against the rules as per stealing. If it isn't in a previously agreed upon contract, it can't be applied now, even if it were to be added today, as it would still be after the original "contract" or deal was enacted.

Hello.
In accordance with the HMCSM Rules, this is an official notification that we will begin mediation and an investigation into this issue. thew HMCSM will update the forums with any developments.
I ask both parties to contact me
President_KK
His Excellent Vice President of Ashford is me

FOUNDER AND FORMER CEO OF THE FIRST AND ORIGINAL FORMER HELLO MINERS STOCK EXCHANGE (HMSX)until it got Aquired by the HMCSM now I’m the BoD president :)

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
-John F. Kennedy

Postby ~Luc » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:09 pm

President_KK wrote:
~Luc wrote:Okay so just my two cents before this gets locked. As stated by scep, forced buybacks IRL only happen in very specific situations such as a bulk buyback(already explained by scep) OR when a company is being acquired by another entity. If we are trying to emulate a real stockmarket, neither of these situations apply, so it wouldn't happen.

Hello.
In accordance with the HMCSM Rules, this is an official notification that we will begin mediation and an investigation into this issue. thew HMCSM will update the forums with any developments.

I don’t see how it is HMCSM’s place to mediate if the company isn’t or wasn’t apart of the HMCSM at the time of the report.
~Doodle likes this post.
[Technician]~Luc
Retired [Trial-Mod] — 2016, 2018-2019

Postby President_KK » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Strange said we deal with all things stocks so here we are!
President_KK
His Excellent Vice President of Ashford is me

FOUNDER AND FORMER CEO OF THE FIRST AND ORIGINAL FORMER HELLO MINERS STOCK EXCHANGE (HMSX)until it got Aquired by the HMCSM now I’m the BoD president :)

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
-John F. Kennedy

Postby ~Satan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:35 pm

My personal two cents on this are:

Unless specifically mentioned in a set of rules written and made public before Doodle purchased the stock I don't think Dodley should be able to force Doodle to sell his stock. I mean I'd probably understand any personal reasons for Dodley to sell his stocks since Doodle can be a pain in the ass every now and then but we've got to keep in mind that this decision will decide any future issues regarding buy backs, we can't allow Dodley to force a buyback without solid reasoning.
Although if Dodley can prove that he can change his terms and conditions in the future it could be possible to change this.
I'd recommend Dodley to ease Doodle into selling his shares with a compensation or something and maybe make his board of directors vote on the issue.
~Doodle likes this post.
b]Proud District Manager and Citizen of Paradise Hills[/b]
Chief Marketing Officer of HMSCM
[b]Creator of https://HMGuide.info

Postby ~Doodle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:57 pm

President_KK wrote:

Hello.

Hi president. Unfortunately this is a staff matter where I am reporting him for breaking server rules, not HMCSM rules as the HMCSM has no bearing on companies who are not part of it. As far as I remember DOME is not registered into the HMCSM for the entire duration I've owned my shares. Due to this, I'm going to kindly disregard this comment because you do not moderate server rules. Thanks though!
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby d0dleysvrz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:15 pm

DR_StevenStrange wrote:DOME was at one point, and staff agreed long ago that any issues that came up regarding the stock market and shares wouldnt be handled by HM staff unless it was very extreme cases.

Due to staff making this decision we have contacted the HMCSM to handle the matter as they have been doing for all stock market conflicts.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

PreviousNext