Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion (SURVEY) Your Thoughts on HelloMiners

(SURVEY) Your Thoughts on HelloMiners

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

How much do you enjoy HelloMiners in its current state?

Very Satisfied
2%
Satisfied
6%
Neutral
29%
Dissatisfied
29%
Very Dissatisfied
33%

Total votes : 48

(SURVEY) Your Thoughts on HelloMiners

Postby Zeek05 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:44 am

It's as simple as that. What are your thoughts on HelloMiners?

What do you enjoy? What do you dislike? How has your experienced differed than in the past?

There's also a poll if you could gladly submit to as well :D

Re: (SURVEY) Your Thoughts on HelloMiners

Postby aoc102 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:54 pm

Zeek05 wrote:It's as simple as that. What are your thoughts on HelloMiners?

What do you enjoy? What do you dislike? How has your experienced differed than in the past?

There's also a poll if you could gladly submit to as well :D

good

Postby _UltraPro_ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:32 am

If anyone wants to help us out, let us know what you want to see worked on. Currently I am planning a revamped tutorial and trade center.
9 people like this post.

Postby ~Adu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:17 am

_UltraPro_ wrote:If anyone wants to help us out, let us know what you want to see worked on. Currently I am planning a revamped tutorial and trade center.

Redesign the job center so its well lit and people can actually see other there. (Maybe use lighter materials) Because right now its so dark and theres barely any light for players to go around. As a new player id get lost there. I think the old one was better (even though the new one has a nice design, just not for this purpose). A job center should be pretty straight forward, you warp there and see a bunch of stalls and go visit it and tp to the farm. The extra rooms and the train thing at the end are too fancy for a new player.
_UltraPro_ likes this post.
ImageLike · Succeededkiller likes this post.

~Adu
-=-=-=-=-
Owner of Dubai
Owner of Veyron Group
Manager of North Helloclan
Networth: F1,500,000+
Player since 2015
Discord: Adu0123#7982

Connect with me:

Postby kom4ever » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:42 am

Dissatisfied because in the old days (at least 1-2 years before) there was an active and close community , the economy was not* inflated , shopkeeping and renting were making good money , people played for fun and not to get rich (and do nothing with that money) , there were simple yet effective plugins ....
Last edited by kom4ever on Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 people like this post.
Producer of HelloVis... oops i could spoil that -> Coming Soon

Postby ViHQ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:17 pm

Man.. I could go on about the history of this place. and the fact that it has all been lost. Pillars of the community that silently quit have hurt the server more than anything and its because the place we knew as HelloMiners died a long time ago.

I have been playing Minecraft since 2010. Knowing this, there are only two servers I have ever played on and been apart of the community. I quit the first in 2014, and joined HelloMiners the same year. This server was one of the most addicting ones I have ever played on.

It was about getting rich, but it was much more about the journey getting there instead of what you'll do when you finally are. All aspects of this are now gone. It's all just shit to play.
6 people like this post.
Owner/Ceo of Gridlock Incorporated.
Proud Knight of the Kingdom of Haven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since 2014, message me on here or ingame, or on my discord anytime.

Postby Endershack » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:53 pm

kom4ever wrote:Dissatisfied because in the old days (at least 1-2 years before) there was an active and close community , the economy was inflated , shopkeeping and renting were making good money , people played for fun and not to get rich (and do nothing with that money) , there were simple yet effective plugins ....

It seems like very few people like playing for fun anymore... for many it’s make money or get banned trying. Like y’all there’s a whole expansion of land on this server on a scale never seen before... let ur imagination go wild and build something. Leave your mark on the server and don’t just focus on forsals 24/7.

Give back to new players. They are the future of this server so by helping them out you are giving back to the server that gave u the platform to express yourself. I was once that new player 6-7 years ago that benefitted from more experienced players helping us out. Almost everyone had that mindset because they knew that they wanted to keep a healthy playerbase for years to come. Job farms, selling hand me down tools, private/government demo jobs, etc.
5 people like this post.

Moderator since November 2018
4x Ironball Champion (2017, Winter 2019, Spring 1v1 2019, Summer 2019)
Events Department
Department of Transportation Highway Committee
Former City Department Tier Evaluator
Former iCentiPay Executive

Ironball Rules: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=33652&p=352482#p352482
Ironball Discord: https://discord.gg/kkgcRdF

Postby 4K606 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:07 pm

The server was fun because you could make friends, start a base or a business, have fun, and ultimately get rich. Overtime the fun roleplay part was ditched and we were left with an economy server. All the new plugins implimented without even consulting the community such as slimefun have fucked the economy up to a point where I don't see the point in playing often. A new server that had the old plugins I believe is needed.
2 people like this post.
Joined Hellominers Feb. 14th 2017
West Helloclan Manager
Co-Creator of October Fest!
Private City Dept. Regulator
Owner of Emerald Cove!

Postby aoc102 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 pm

Staff seem to be against making a new server even though that's what's needed.

If the staff think that's not going to work then they will need to wipe the plugins and actually make the server fun enough to retain a playerbase.
3 people like this post.

Postby ~Billy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:54 am

Could go on and on

- Old Players mostly leaving / disadvantaged in the economy
- The economy screwed with fishing rendering old players hard work over years useless
- Lack of community feel
- Complicated plug ins that arent explained to old inactive players coming back (wtf is augment)
- The forums or server are always down or buggy
- Division in the staff - alot seem to want different things
- Taking inactive plots from old players - ive said it before and i'll say it again - i worked on my massive production center for years and it was taken away from me simply because i was inactive for 6 or so months when i didnt have a computer. If you marginalise your old players, who have worked hard on something IN THE WILD, then something is seriously wrong, as there is plenty of room for other players to buy land.
7 people like this post.
~Billy
Owner Of BTN Network (What is this 2016?)
(Former) Owner of North Bay, Southgate, Columbia, Oasis and several other cities
(Former) Owner and Creator of the MegaCentre (it got taken away from me lol)
(Former) Swamp Isles Founderer
Send me a pm if you're interested in working together on some-ting

Next