Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion The Decline and Revival of HelloMiners: A Discussion

The Decline and Revival of HelloMiners: A Discussion

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

The Decline and Revival of HelloMiners: A Discussion

Postby Communist_Glory » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Hello all. If you don't know me, I'm Communist_Glory. I'm THAT guy that logins to HelloMiners every hour with a new alt, and says "all i want to say is......" followed by obscene words.

Now, before I go further. I must discuss why I am creating this forum post. It is because I give up. HelloMiners is one of the strongest communities I've ever seen on Minecraft, one that I cannot coerce into handing money over. HelloMiners is strong and should be a larger server. Do NOT let Hellominers die.

I first joined HelloMiners in 2017. I used the username Hurricane4510, and I had relative success in the city of Solaris, buying a plot and constructing a palace. During this time, the server was extremely active, had about 40-50 players on at a time, and had a good community. I participated in the Solaris-Montego Bay war, and also trolled SidedSuns with the SidedMoons account (which was later banned).

The point is, HelloMiners used to be a good and fun server. I remember playing Block_Banker's lottery and having a fun time.

The next time I logged on to the server was in 2019. I came on the server and pressed tab. There were only 6 players online, and the server seemed truly dead.

Now, what happened to HelloMiners? Was it the fact that new, more innovative servers have popped up? Was it the fact that the owner, helloclan13, has not been on in years? Whatever it was, HelloMiners is at the bottom of its decline.

There is hope. When I spam, get banned, and come on with a new alt and a new VPN, HelloMiners does not surrender. HelloMiners is a fighting community that will not ever give up. And I have seen new improvements to the server: new PlayerHelpers (that are pretty useless), and a new chat filter.

Now why did I spam? Easy. I wanted money, 200 dollars to be exact. On other servers where I have consistently spammed for over 2 months, they handed the money right over. But it's been three months that I have spammed on HelloMiners, and I have received no money. I'm forced to give up.

Just looking at the state of HelloMiners today depresses me, and I look back to the glory days of the server. It's clear that HelloMiners CAN and SHOULD be a great server again- it has a strong playerbase and a strong moderation team.

I have a plan to get HelloMiners back on track:
1. Install an Anti-Bot plugin, please. This prevents people (like me) from bypassing IP-Bans by using a VPN
2. Always IP-Ban, not just normal ban
3. It's about time HelloMiners got a few more gamemodes and plugins. The game has become stale for many players, and new ideas would help revive the servers. HelloMiners is losing to countless other servers such as EarthMC that succeed due to having greater plugins and gamemodes. Perhaps HelloMiners could find 2 abandoned and old towns, and launch a war event or such. Perhaps a towny system can be implemented into HelloMiners. A city-building server on Minecraft is GENERIC and cliche. There are countless city-building servers on Minecraft- and HelloMiners has no advantage over them whatsoever.
4. HelloMiners once must again advertise, and use technology. HelloMiners is one of the only servers I've ever seen that does not use social media much. HelloMiners should have a subreddit- and advertise its server on the Minecraft subreddit. Unlike other servers such as EarthMC, new players would help HelloMiners and make the stale server less boring.
5. We need new ownership on HelloMiners. It appears the old owner, helloclan13, has become inactive, and so have many admins and technicians. It is ridiculous how many mods the server has compared to players, and many mods are inactive. I propose creating an Admin Group- 10 elected mods, to replace helloclan13 as owner of the server.

HelloMiners is declining, there is no doubt about that. But with the strong community of HelloMiners, the slightest of a comeback will push HelloMiners back into its glory days.
ThePersonater likes this post.

Re: The Decline and Revival of HelloMiners: A Discussion

Postby Gerhard » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:50 pm

One issue. You cannot replace the man that pays for the server. :|
~ManoMan likes this post.
Historic Advisor of HelloClan City
Trident Amateur Radio Club Member
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

Postby Endershack » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Get your money hoarding ass off our server.
CoolPaisie101 likes this post.
OQIL 2019 1v1 Tournament: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=34138
<Mod ~Ender>
Former City Department Tier Evaluator
Department of Transportation Highway Committee
Admin of OQIL
1v1, 2v2, 3v3 Ironball Champion
iCentiPay Executive

Ironball Discord: https://discord.gg/kkgcRdF

Postby cmvo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:35 pm

First off, imagine being a mod and missing the entire point of this post lol

Second, thank you, this (albeit a bit ironic considering you HAVE contributed to the problem) is the kind of positivity we need. I second the ideas you’ve put in and once again put myself forward as willing to purchase HelloMiners from Tedde if the opportunity presents itself, which would give staff the permissions they need to fix the server.

I also have volunteered in the past to handle marketing of the server but have either been ignored or shut down, and considering the fact I’m literally a marketing consultant IRL, i’m once again offering to handle that.
3 people like this post.
Message me for start-up funding and investment opportunities!

Postby StickMan » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:45 pm

How about y’all stop making these posts huh there’s already like 8 topics on this now and it’s getting spammy
Hey y'all its ur favorite husky :)
here since April 2015

If you would like to keep up with me, discord: StickMan#1105

"I shove my love in your eye, This queen bee is ready to die. You'll need someone holier than Moses, Mary won't cut it this time." - MXMS

Postby hmslanders » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:59 pm

Communist_Glory wrote:Hello all. If you don't know me, I'm Communist_Glory. I'm THAT guy that logins to HelloMiners every hour with a new alt, and says "all i want to say is......" followed by obscene words.

Now, before I go further. I must discuss why I am creating this forum post. It is because I give up. HelloMiners is one of the strongest communities I've ever seen on Minecraft, one that I cannot coerce into handing money over. HelloMiners is strong and should be a larger server. Do NOT let Hellominers die.

I first joined HelloMiners in 2017. I used the username Hurricane4510, and I had relative success in the city of Solaris, buying a plot and constructing a palace. During this time, the server was extremely active, had about 40-50 players on at a time, and had a good community. I participated in the Solaris-Montego Bay war, and also trolled SidedSuns with the SidedMoons account (which was later banned).

The point is, HelloMiners used to be a good and fun server. I remember playing Block_Banker's lottery and having a fun time.

The next time I logged on to the server was in 2019. I came on the server and pressed tab. There were only 6 players online, and the server seemed truly dead.

Now, what happened to HelloMiners? Was it the fact that new, more innovative servers have popped up? Was it the fact that the owner, helloclan13, has not been on in years? Whatever it was, HelloMiners is at the bottom of its decline.

There is hope. When I spam, get banned, and come on with a new alt and a new VPN, HelloMiners does not surrender. HelloMiners is a fighting community that will not ever give up. And I have seen new improvements to the server: new PlayerHelpers (that are pretty useless), and a new chat filter.

Now why did I spam? Easy. I wanted money, 200 dollars to be exact. On other servers where I have consistently spammed for over 2 months, they handed the money right over. But it's been three months that I have spammed on HelloMiners, and I have received no money. I'm forced to give up.

Just looking at the state of HelloMiners today depresses me, and I look back to the glory days of the server. It's clear that HelloMiners CAN and SHOULD be a great server again- it has a strong playerbase and a strong moderation team.

I have a plan to get HelloMiners back on track:
1. Install an Anti-Bot plugin, please. This prevents people (like me) from bypassing IP-Bans by using a VPN
2. Always IP-Ban, not just normal ban
3. It's about time HelloMiners got a few more gamemodes and plugins. The game has become stale for many players, and new ideas would help revive the servers. HelloMiners is losing to countless other servers such as EarthMC that succeed due to having greater plugins and gamemodes. Perhaps HelloMiners could find 2 abandoned and old towns, and launch a war event or such. Perhaps a towny system can be implemented into HelloMiners. A city-building server on Minecraft is GENERIC and cliche. There are countless city-building servers on Minecraft- and HelloMiners has no advantage over them whatsoever.
4. HelloMiners once must again advertise, and use technology. HelloMiners is one of the only servers I've ever seen that does not use social media much. HelloMiners should have a subreddit- and advertise its server on the Minecraft subreddit. Unlike other servers such as EarthMC, new players would help HelloMiners and make the stale server less boring.
5. We need new ownership on HelloMiners. It appears the old owner, helloclan13, has become inactive, and so have many admins and technicians. It is ridiculous how many mods the server has compared to players, and many mods are inactive. I propose creating an Admin Group- 10 elected mods, to replace helloclan13 as owner of the server.

HelloMiners is declining, there is no doubt about that. But with the strong community of HelloMiners, the slightest of a comeback will push HelloMiners back into its glory days.

Hey, I know who you are and I also know what plot it is you're talking about, nice build by the way. Few things I wanted to say, 2017 wasn't even the peak for Hello Miners, I remember back in summer of 2016 there would be upwards of 90 players on at a time. Even in 2017 there was still 60-70 at peak hours. Since 2017 I've only really been un-banned for like 7 months ish but I noticed after getting back from my ban in mid 2017 things had changed. They have also changed even more since my ban a year ago.

Now I'd like to go over some things we disagree on. There is no other server on Minecraft that is like HelloMiners. Hello Miners is one of the oldest servers on the world, it has been up on one map since early 2012 and has been up since late 2010. Hello Miners was popular for the same reasons 2B2T is popular, because it's a living museum. There are still builds on the server from 2012 that haven't been touched. I know one of my main goals was to conserve these builds, I truly hope that a lot of them haven't been destroyed since my time away. Similar to the thread I just made the other day I believe Tedde's (helloclan) and SK's inactivity have caused a lot of the issues. There hasn't been a stable management since mid 2017 as that was when SK moved on. The issue is that Tedde doesn't trust anyone to give console to and the people he does trust are no longer staff as they have been denied when they have offered to come back or they have been demoted by the new admins.

I don't know what's in store for Hello Miners but I fear it will shut down in the coming years. One of their biggest failures was not capitalizing on the resurgence of Minecraft.
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.

Postby hmslanders » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:03 pm

One thing I forgot to add was the following.

I truly believe it isn't to late to revive Hello Miners but the community will have to step up if we want something to happen. I think the current issue is how old people are turning. The 15-16 year olds who played a few years ago are 18 now, they have responsibilities and can't play Minecraft for multiple hours a day anymore. That's what of the biggest issues, Hello Miners needs to target more of a younger audience which means I believe they should pursue some stricter rules. Also another issue is Hello Miners "grey area", they can essentially ban you for whatever they want if they don't like you (this is the issue I'm having), this leaves a lot of room for abuse, the rules should be redone and should clarify a lot more things.
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.

Postby SidedSuns » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:55 pm

Heck you. You replied truly vulgar and disgusting content.
Communist_Glory likes this post.
Assembly member of Ancient Greece.
Almost 2 years on the server
iCentiPay executive
Made HelloMiners 1st ever bus station: SunBus
:D

Postby Communist_Glory » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:21 pm

SidedMoons>SidedSons>SidedSuns

Postby benjwu2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Communist_Glory wrote:

The only reason why you failed at getting money is because the people who would give you that money might as well be dead :D
~ManoMan likes this post.
Creeper Custodian of Public Mine

Next