Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Hello Miners is Failing.


Hello Miners is Failing.

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby FMDIAMOND » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:05 am

CakeDevil275 wrote:
Camel wrote:6. There is only one staff member under the age of 15 (The recommended requirement to be staff) so im not sure why you say it's being ran by 14 year olds.


Hello Mr Oza Pingoo

But also yeah,
Camel is right, no one want's HM to go under because everyone has spent and put in so much time and effort in to it. If you keep creating Forums like this, you aren't benefiting anyone.

Seriously Nova, what good was this post supposed to bring anyone? All you're doing is spreading negativity about HM.

That's all I have to say about that :p

-Cake :D

I think a bit of negativity is what we need, I mean look where wishful thinking got us, negativity will break old ways and start art a new era, without the hysteria of the servers doom noting would be done, if that very slowly. I’m not about to have almost 6 years of my life disappear due to happy thoughts and hope, we need action and I don’t see any.
2 people like this post.
Co-owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby ~Bloom » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:30 am

FMDIAMOND wrote:
CakeDevil275 wrote:
Camel wrote:6. There is only one staff member under the age of 15 (The recommended requirement to be staff) so im not sure why you say it's being ran by 14 year olds.


Hello Mr Oza Pingoo

But also yeah,
Camel is right, no one want's HM to go under because everyone has spent and put in so much time and effort in to it. If you keep creating Forums like this, you aren't benefiting anyone.

Seriously Nova, what good was this post supposed to bring anyone? All you're doing is spreading negativity about HM.

That's all I have to say about that :p

-Cake :D

I think a bit of negativity is what we need, I mean look where wishful thinking got us, negativity will break old ways and start art a new era, without the hysteria of the servers doom noting would be done, if that very slowly. I’m not about to have almost 6 years of my life disappear due to happy thoughts and hope, we need action and I don’t see any.


Sorry to break it to you, but we haven’t been wishful at anytime, the community has a toxic growth slowly growing on it for the past 2 years and that growth is slowly taking over.
2 people like this post.
Image


CEO of WonderWorld Parks & Resorts. Hellominers Largest Theme Park Project

Check out our forum topic!
https://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=34296

Networth 5.4 Million

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby FMDIAMOND » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:36 am

By wishful thinking I mean, ‘we will fix it’ ‘we will be at 1.13 sooner than later’ ‘the server won’t die’ etc, I’m not talking about attitude and noobs fighting about everything, and nothing happening is exactly what I’m saying, this thinking has got us no ware, it’s time for a little bit of fear to drive us to do something about it!
Co-owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby Gerhard » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:59 pm

I'm sorry but alot of the players that do not see anything wrong, have not been around long enough to know what it used to be like. Even some players that have been inactive for YEARS tried to return, but simply they didnt return long, because even they see how awful the server and how much the server is dying.
2 people like this post.
Historic Advisor of HelloClan City
Trident Amateur Radio Club Member
Image
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby Gerhard » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:01 pm

And this entire COMMUNITY is at fault. Take it or leave it, but if you are a staff member, you are equally at fault as the players are.
3 people like this post.
Historic Advisor of HelloClan City
Trident Amateur Radio Club Member
Image
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby ~Hari » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:59 pm

So what do you suggest to do, theres a lot of topics like this with no suggestions.
2 people like this post.
HelloMiners player since: 15th May 2016
Epic owner of Rotoyl Inc - concrete GODS!

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby CakeDevil275 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Okay let's think, we just list reasons the server is dying and possible ways to over come it:
1. Staff members (not enough, innactive) : Many staff members are innactive I say get rid of them and hire 8 new fresh faces
2. New players not staying due to the server being dead : Ask the new players who did stay how to fix this problem
3. Server not updating : Not much we can do about this just have to wait until it can :/
4. Flamewars : Write starting flamewars in to the rules so we can take action on the players that cause them

I personally think that one of the reasons people say HM is dying isn't about the low player count because it's been like this the whole of 2019, the player count start to decrease when some twats post topics that say that HM is dying without any reason to fix it, all it does is decrease morale. Buckle down.

Hope some of you guys agree with these and please add,

- Cake
~Headsup likes this post.
CakeDevil_275
Net Worth: No clue
Since Aug 2016 :D
Shop @ Blueline


[+] My long list of jobs
- CEO of iBuy (2016-2018)
- Chairman of DTR (2018-2019)
- Owner of Blueline (2019 - present)
- Player Helper (2019 - present)
- City Department Evaluator (2019 - present)
- Manager of Ferron Island (2019 - present)
- stacked X. Board Member (2019 - present)

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby ~Headsup » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:45 pm

CakeDevil275 wrote:Okay let's think, we just list reasons the server is dying and possible ways to over come it:
1. Staff members (not enough, innactive) : Many staff members are innactive I say get rid of them and hire 8 new fresh faces
2. New players not staying due to the server being dead : Ask the new players who did stay how to fix this problem
3. Server not updating : Not much we can do about this just have to wait until it can :/
4. Flamewars : Write starting flamewars in to the rules so we can take action on the players that cause them

I personally think that one of the reasons people say HM is dying isn't about the low player count because it's been like this the whole of 2019, the player count start to decrease when some twats post topics that say that HM is dying without any reason to fix it, all it does is decrease morale. Buckle down.

Hope some of you guys agree with these and please add,

- Cake

Another thing that may help could be to have long-term events that keep the players engaged for a while. Although it would take lots of work in order for that to become a reality, it could certainly be a very good thing long-term. Just a suggestion!
Headsup46 - HM player since October 2015

Founder and Co-owner of Torched

Net worth of 300k+

NOTE: Returned from yearlong inactivity July 17, 2019. https://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=34878

[+] The Perfect Song for Hard Times
Always know that everything will get better with time. Stay positive and stay strong! :)


Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby hmslanders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:01 pm

Camel wrote:I'm not gonna deny that hellominers has no issues however so many things are inaccurate in this post.

1. There have only been 1125 bans all time. This is based on how many ban topics there are.

2. Plugins being added and updated aren't as old as an issue or as big as an issue as you make it sound. The only issue with plugins are that ftp is needed to update all of them for the server update to 1.13 then 1.14. There also seems to be a storage issue since dynamap crashed the server when we ran it off the server storage at the most minimal settings.

3. We haven't demoted an admin since maxwalpro and that was for inactivity. No admin has been demoted for anything besides inactivity since Jcava. Also your attitude about dictator and stuff I'm not gonna go deep into since it's just a flame war but staff votes on basically every issue.

4. The beta decision is also a flame war waiting to happen but the terms beta wanted to come back on were just too short term for anything to look like it would work out. There is also more reasons on his topic that staff has listed and if you want any more info that's where you should go since I'm not gonna mention anything else.

5. Fresh blood has never been denied to rejoin the staff team (unless it was a situation long ago that I'm not aware about). He has also never asked to rejoin while I have been staff (since November 2016)

6. There is only one staff member under the age of 15 (The recommended requirement to be staff) so im not sure why you say it's being ran by 14 year olds.

7. If you have criticism or a suggestion for the server you can suggest it. As long as it isnt breaking rules you wouldn't be banned.

8. We are working with tedde to update the server and get more access. His response time is around 3 days to a week so with a couple more fixes and if everything goes right it actually wouldn't take that long to update.

9. The least server experienced admin joined early 2016 so not sure what you mean by people joining in 2017 having console. Also the newest staff member by join date joined in 2017.

Hellominers does have its issues and I agree with that point. Spreading fake lies like this only brings negativity though and that's the reason I felt I should make a response to this topic.

Without the players there would be no hellominers and no one to have fun with on a minecraft server. It hurts that we are 2 updates behind and have other issues to handle as well. Positive support is the best way for all of us to get through this time as we hope tedde can quickly resolve our issues with file access as he has been working on it for the past month. Spreading lies like this doesnt help the server at all. If you have a suggestion that you think would better the server then please suggest and and please do it in a way that wont cause a flame war. Staff is always open for suggestions and it has gotten bad since it seems there is drama these days with every suggestion. You shouldn't be scared to point out ways we can improve but also be respectful about it too. We all love the server just like you and it isnt any fun to see it like the way it is now. Things like this take time and cooperation with everyone and I thank all the people that have been patient throughout this whole process and the people who avoid unnecessary drama. Anyway again I hope you all take what I said into consideration and thank you for reading



1. Fair enough, I know a lot of early bans never had topics. Especially when SK or Tedde was the one banning the person. This is also supported by the litebans logs if you go back and look.

2. Yes, plugin updates are important. You can't possibly tell me every time the server boots up you don't receive a ton of error messages from certain plugins? Especially with plugins like Essentials, bugs like when the player data got corrupted will continue to happen the longer and longer updates are put off. I'll admit, Dynmap is a bit of an exception, I'd have to assume your Dynmap file is 10+ gb at this point. I know a lot of my old ones are 20+ but that was with an infinite map.

3. That's not true, Kyle was demoted but you guys let him come back. In regards to Max, we need to stop demoting the old admins who made the server great. Nobody even proposed to remove him until Strange came along. Removing Max is like removing Tedde, Max has been here longer than a lot of the old admins including SK, Beta, etc. Old admins should stay admin, help when they can, but they should stay admin unless you want to make that system for everybody including SK and Tedde.

4. The terms Beta wanted to come back on shouldn't have been argued with at all. If he wants to help give him the Admin role and let him make changes. Beta has literally done 500x more for this server then all of the current staff combined multiplied by 30. For you to question Beta is to be the worst staff member this server has ever seen.

5. Fresh didn't publicly announce he wanted to come back. (sorry if I wasn't allowed to share this, I'm a bit over all of this at this point)

6. To my knowledge you are 14 Camel? In my honest opinion age doesn't define maturity but if you can't show maturity then there is no argument.

7. I have criticized the server before and been banned.

8. I am well aware with what is going on behind the scenes. The getting more access thing has been in talks for quite awhile now.

Please don't accuse me of spreading lies. This will be my last response.
Ferd_Fairlane likes this post.

Re: Hello Miners is Failing.

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Nova wrote:6. To my knowledge you are 14 Camel? In my honest opinion age doesn't define maturity but if you can't show maturity then there is no argument.



camel is 14? wth i never knew that i thought he was like some bloke in his 20s
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Image
Image



Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon


Banned until Feb 1st

PreviousNext