Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Just a wild Thought

Just a wild Thought

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:
Val wrote:
Sweg wrote:I fully agree. It would be a new challenge, give players more to work towards, and throw new life into the server.

Carry over bals, players can sell regions before the reset.

One issue would be no one would want to buy stuff off people before the reset. Anyone with large amounts invested in buildings, vehicles, etc, would have a very hard time liquidating. If there was a good compensation method worked out so that a players net worth was carried over, then people would only be losing physical buildings they made.
Making new buildings, cities, and other things would just be part of the fun challenge a fresh map would present.

Also i disagree on the staff thing, i don’t love the way staff is running the server but there are some honest hardworking ones who do have the best interests of the server in mind. You can’t just fire them all.

just my 2 cents

If we're liquidating everything and resetting the map, why stay with Tedde at all. We could simply note everyone's balance, and make that their starting balance in a new server, run but us, the players. We wouldn't have to wait for Tedde/SK/inactive admins to manage & change stuff about the server.

My point is that if all we're carrying over to the new map is a few numbers, we might as well carry those numbers over to a fresh new server with a new and active upper management team.

dunno

I mean, do you have $200 a month to spend?

I mean, the server makes over 200 a month most definitely, the purpose of the donation funds is to power the server.
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Postby 4K606 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Just looking through an old fourm post from September, 2017. ArticWinter in that fourm post made a great point.
ArticWinter wrote: This server should have considered Forge from the beginning... I find it a near impossible task to simulate economy and role playing in a game which is so basic. Had we run a Forge server most of the mentioned issues would not have existed... :?

Vanilla minecraft has too many limitations in my opinion. Too few "industries", too simple farming, it lacks the advanced processing of ores, mass-production and transit railroads... Imagine all the industries which would be possible to have on Forge server, do I need to say more? :)

But this is of course not an option, would require a complete world reset."

We should reset the server so I can be a forge server!
Owner of SEL
West Helloclan City Manager
Hellominer's City Dept. Offical

Net Worth: F300,000

Postby Val » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:01 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:I mean, do you have $200 a month to spend?

yeah that's the one little issue
no longer staff tedde fix ur shit lol

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Val wrote:

that's not a damn issue lol. the server should definitely use the money they get which is a lot from current donations to power the new server
Luxury Corporation TM
officially est. 2016

Postby StickMan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:12 pm

CoolPaisie101 wrote:
Val wrote:

that's not a damn issue lol. the server should definitely use the money they get which is a lot from current donations to power the new server

How do you know what the income is solely from donations?
Hey y'all its ur favorite husky :)
here since April 2015

If you would like to keep up with me, discord: StickMan#1105

"I shove my love in your eye, This queen bee is ready to die. You'll need someone holier than Moses, Mary won't cut it this time." - MXMS

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:17 pm

StickMan wrote:
How do you know what the income is solely from donations?

so many people pay for premium and tons of people buy forsals it seems.
Luxury Corporation TM
officially est. 2016

Postby soccerboy61 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:20 pm

CoolPaisie101 wrote:
Val wrote:

We don't get $200 a month in donations. If you actually think that I think you need to rethink things. We don't have anywhere near the amount of prems that we used to have. We barely have any...
Zyra_bot likes this post.

Postby Val » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:26 pm

CoolPaisie101 wrote:
Val wrote:

yes it is.

you're talking about tedde's money, tedde won't give us that money, let alone to start a new server without him
Zyra_bot likes this post.
no longer staff tedde fix ur shit lol

Postby asha31 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:39 am

Excellent thread..!!!

Postby ~Max » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 am

i really don’t think resetting is a good idea. when first brought up by taloju awhile ago i thought about it and i thought ya that might work but i don’t think it is a good idea anymore and here is why.

1. the server is titled “Largest City Server In The World” clearing would take that away.

2. it wouldn’t help the economy because players like yootay and fresh usually make money off of big farms. big farms are not hard to make and they would still be the richest they would still do this and that to get money so it would eventually be like now.

3. but also supporting players like amoni, zac, cud who spend a lot of time doing little things to make money. they have millions, we know how long it takes to make let’s say 100k. imagine if you just made 1m, just spent a few 100k on a plot and we’re doing pretty well then the government takes it all and you have 0F and nothing. this would be terrible for richer players and players with say 20k that they spent a year getting.

4. memories all the memories in the server would be gone. and many older players would come and be upset because all there stuff was gone and they didn’t know about it. and all memories of building from 2012 -2016 would be gone.

i think it’s a cool idea but i really don’t think it would do anything, maybe suggest making another server that’s reset but not hellominers.
4 people like this post.
Sas Fried Chicken- Helper Chicken

PreviousNext