Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Just a wild Thought


Just a wild Thought

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:24 pm

4K606 wrote:
fluffythebunnyx wrote:
Gerhard wrote:Map expansions will not solve anything because most will rush to region all the land.



well yeah þe exact same would happen wiþ a world reset except wiþ all of þe downsides.


There is a way to fix Yootay regioning the server. Bal reset. I know you all hate the idea but the economy is shit right now, the restate market is literally dead, and keeping regions and bal on reset server would just shorten the time before all the markets go down the drain. Complete bal reset, F1,500 & no regions, people would keep their gov positions but thats it. Thats only way to prevent ragnorok on Hellominers. (Ragnorok-Everyone leaves, server slowly suffocates)



that wouldnt work. Everybody would just claim loads of land before and sell it
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Image

Image


Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon


Banned until Feb 1st

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby 4K606 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:29 pm

I don't understand. They wouldnt be able to claim loads of land because the server would fully reset. They wouldnt have enough money to region land because bal would reset to f1500.
Owner of SEL
West Helloclan City Manager
Hellominer's City Dept. Offical

Net Worth: F300,000

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby KennethDev » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:58 pm

4K606 wrote:I don't understand. They wouldnt be able to claim loads of land because the server would fully reset. They wouldnt have enough money to region land because bal would reset to f1500.


The original post states that people would carry over balances.
CEO of MojoPay

HM Player since 2015

[+] Quotes
While discussing voting crates:
"That's not an economy roleplay server, that's a social security roleplay server." - Beta

"its a tough farm to pull on this pos server" "let the lag speak for itself :P" - Yootay

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:04 pm

4K606 wrote:I don't understand. They wouldnt be able to claim loads of land because the server would fully reset. They wouldnt have enough money to region land because bal would reset to f1500.



nvm i misread but still no
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Image

Image


Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon


Banned until Feb 1st

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby 4K606 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:05 pm

KennethDev wrote:
4K606 wrote:I don't understand. They wouldnt be able to claim loads of land because the server would fully reset. They wouldnt have enough money to region land because bal would reset to f1500.


The original post states that people would carry over balances.


Yea, I know but Im stating in my post that it would be more beneficial to the server if bals where to be reset also.
Owner of SEL
West Helloclan City Manager
Hellominer's City Dept. Offical

Net Worth: F300,000

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby CakeDevil275 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:39 pm

I don't like all of this.
Replacing the whole admin and mod team and now restarting the whole server?!
I hate it! I like the server as it is :p
CoolPaisie101 likes this post.
CakeDevil_275
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chairman of Downtown Real Estate [DTR]
Office in DTR HQ South Block
Image

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby Sweg » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:43 pm

I fully agree. It would be a new challenge, give players more to work towards, and throw new life into the server.

Carry over bals, players can sell regions before the reset.

One issue would be no one would want to buy stuff off people before the reset. Anyone with large amounts invested in buildings, vehicles, etc, would have a very hard time liquidating. If there was a good compensation method worked out so that a players net worth was carried over, then people would only be losing physical buildings they made.
Making new buildings, cities, and other things would just be part of the fun challenge a fresh map would present.


Also i disagree on the staff thing, i don’t love the way staff is running the server but there are some honest hardworking ones who do have the best interests of the server in mind. You can’t just fire them all.

just my 2 cents
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 450k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: AIS-=-=-=-=

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby Val » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Sweg wrote:I fully agree. It would be a new challenge, give players more to work towards, and throw new life into the server.

Carry over bals, players can sell regions before the reset.

One issue would be no one would want to buy stuff off people before the reset. Anyone with large amounts invested in buildings, vehicles, etc, would have a very hard time liquidating. If there was a good compensation method worked out so that a players net worth was carried over, then people would only be losing physical buildings they made.
Making new buildings, cities, and other things would just be part of the fun challenge a fresh map would present.


Also i disagree on the staff thing, i don’t love the way staff is running the server but there are some honest hardworking ones who do have the best interests of the server in mind. You can’t just fire them all.

just my 2 cents


If we're liquidating everything and resetting the map, why stay with Tedde at all. We could simply note everyone's balance, and make that their starting balance in a new server, run but us, the players. We wouldn't have to wait for Tedde/SK/inactive admins to manage & change stuff about the server.

My point is that if all we're carrying over to the new map is a few numbers, we might as well carry those numbers over to a fresh new server with a new and active upper management team.

dunno
5 people like this post.
no longer staff tedde fix ur shit lol
Image

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:29 pm

CakeDevil275 wrote:I don't like all of this.
Replacing the whole admin and mod team and now restarting the whole server?!
I hate it! I like the server as it is :p



theres definitely quite a few staff that need booting
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Image

Image


Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon


Banned until Feb 1st

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby Cheerios32 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Val wrote:
Sweg wrote:I fully agree. It would be a new challenge, give players more to work towards, and throw new life into the server.

Carry over bals, players can sell regions before the reset.

One issue would be no one would want to buy stuff off people before the reset. Anyone with large amounts invested in buildings, vehicles, etc, would have a very hard time liquidating. If there was a good compensation method worked out so that a players net worth was carried over, then people would only be losing physical buildings they made.
Making new buildings, cities, and other things would just be part of the fun challenge a fresh map would present.


Also i disagree on the staff thing, i don’t love the way staff is running the server but there are some honest hardworking ones who do have the best interests of the server in mind. You can’t just fire them all.

just my 2 cents


If we're liquidating everything and resetting the map, why stay with Tedde at all. We could simply note everyone's balance, and make that their starting balance in a new server, run but us, the players. We wouldn't have to wait for Tedde/SK/inactive admins to manage & change stuff about the server.

My point is that if all we're carrying over to the new map is a few numbers, we might as well carry those numbers over to a fresh new server with a new and active upper management team.

dunno


I mean, do you have $200 a month to spend?
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[me -> Console] nub
[Console -> me] shut up
[Console -> me] :(
------------------------------
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in


To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

PreviousNext