Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Just a wild Thought

Just a wild Thought

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Just a wild Thought

Postby soccerboy61 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:52 am

Hello fellow Hellominer players,

I am here today to introduce a few thoughts as we see the server digressing at a rapid rate.

My first thought coming into this is that we should all consider something. ME PERSONALLY believes that we should consider starting over. I believe after seeing the map and economy grow and decrease over 6 years it needs to be reset. The land is ugly and everything is just either a city or a desert that is mined out of sand. I think if we gave players a weeks notice and then had them sell off land we could carry over the balances. We can also copy past the city structures into a new seed. The new seed would be so that you can ONLY touch rged land. This would keep the world map pretty and not a waste land like it is right now. I know many of you will disagree with this. I think its understandable after how much time and work was put into the server. I just believe that we really need to consider changes to make the server fun again. This would also give us the opportunity to maybe make the map 1.14. It would also make it so players aren't really affected by the changes as these changes will be drastic.

I also believe that we need to redo the staff team. I think we have a lot of great current staff members that are active however we do have a large number that are inactive on both the admin and mod level. We need to promote mods and bring forward new trials to the server. You rarely see a mod on these days and its kinda sad considering we used to always have 2-3 mods on at a time just 2-3 years back.

Just couple of thoughts, would love to hear others opinions!
-Soc
2 people like this post.

Re: Just a wild Thought

Postby guccifuckinggang » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:53 am

Why would anybody buy land if they got notice that the server would be reset in a few weeks
CoolPaisie101 likes this post.

Postby fat albert » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:02 am

i think this would be a good idea, however carrying it out would be quite the challenge-- considering that some people join maybe once a year? at the least, the whole "carrying over" buildings and regions would be, to an extent, impractical. my best thought would be keeping the old server and simply making another that is the same exact thing, but just... new. that has its downsides too, but it would have the least impact on old players and their assets/wealth in the current server who still wish to play on that server.

coming up with a good solution to revive the server is quite difficult because of the huge number of things that must be considered

tldr its easy on paper but hard in practice
soccerboy61 likes this post.

Postby soccerboy61 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:25 am

Also just a wild thought we could spam teddes twitter to get his attention... Just another thought I came up with. I know I hate spam
2 people like this post.

Postby FMDIAMOND » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:59 am

soccerboy61 wrote:Hello fellow Hellominer players,

I am here today to introduce a few thoughts as we see the server digressing at a rapid rate.

My first thought coming into this is that we should all consider something. ME PERSONALLY believes that we should consider starting over. I believe after seeing the map and economy grow and decrease over 6 years it needs to be reset. The land is ugly and everything is just either a city or a desert that is mined out of sand. I think if we gave players a weeks notice and then had them sell off land we could carry over the balances. We can also copy past the city structures into a new seed. The new seed would be so that you can ONLY touch rged land. This would keep the world map pretty and not a waste land like it is right now. I know many of you will disagree with this. I think its understandable after how much time and work was put into the server. I just believe that we really need to consider changes to make the server fun again. This would also give us the opportunity to maybe make the map 1.14. It would also make it so players aren't really affected by the changes as these changes will be drastic.

I also believe that we need to redo the staff team. I think we have a lot of great current staff members that are active however we do have a large number that are inactive on both the admin and mod level. We need to promote mods and bring forward new trials to the server. You rarely see a mod on these days and its kinda sad considering we used to always have 2-3 mods on at a time just 2-3 years back.

-Soc

No.
Co-owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby soccerboy61 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:00 am

FMDIAMOND wrote:
soccerboy61 wrote:Hello fellow Hellominer players,

-Soc

No.

LMAO alright Mr. FMDIAMOND lets hear your clever ways to save the dying world we call Hellominers

Postby Cocraven2018#1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:11 am

FMZDIAOND is mean and this all is a good idea we need to get the server appealing to new
Players eyes
soccerboy61 likes this post.
Owner Of White Water Industry

Postby 4K606 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:21 am

SoccVader if this happens im gona get mad at you because ive spent hours digging a hole so I can make a farm. I swear if i have to do that shit again ima be triggered.

But honestly, great idea.
I get it you all with 360k farms ect but if faction players can take a reset 3 times a year I believe we can take it once.
Plus, a reset would be nice because 80% of the cities are dead. Yea, the only way to bring opportunities to the newer people is to reset the server.

Ps. Bal reset too. Ik u have a mil. I have a decent amount too but if you want to have a fun server we dont need yootay regioning 6 mil in land once the server resets.
4 people like this post.
Surplus Discord: https://discord.gg/TbWcvKT
West Helloclan Manager
Co-Creator of October Fest!
Private City Dept. Evaluator

"Solitude is dangerous. It's very addictive.
It becomes a habit after you realise how
peaceful and calm it is. It's like you don't want
to deal with people anymore because they
drain your energy."
- Jim Carrey

Postby Jupitermax11 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:39 am

tbh really like the thought but the admins wont do this. Already suggested a server reboot and camel said no. I also think the majority of people who still play this server will also say no.

Server reboot:

NEW admins and mods spend a month brainstorming and implementing new ways to make the server fun again. More ways to make money, how to balance the economy, new city rules and new buying inactive land requirements ( really don't want to wait 1 year to buy a claim ), making the server more realistic so new players are appealed.

Also, if this does happen the admins should make like a google forum with saving your claim and there's a deadline to submit your requests.

1. IGN

2. rg name

3. other requirements that would give more info

Once the server is rebooted Admins and mods would go one by one to copy and paste the rgs????

just a thought.

Then, when the server
2 people like this post.

Postby Zyra_bot » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:55 am

soccerboy61 wrote:Also just a wild thought we could spam teddes twitter to get his attention... Just another thought I came up with. I know I hate spam

Storm Teddes Twitter.. they can't stop us all!
5 people like this post.

Next