Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion what happened?

what happened?

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

what happened?

Postby fat albert » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:13 am

So I joined the server for the first time in a long time today, and it's gone from a great big active server to an empty place filled with empty buildings-- almost as if some disaster happened and everybody just seemingly, disappeared. I was never particularly a big part of the server-- a mere speck that barely mattered and was quite the immature asshole-- but seeing what the server once was 3-4 years ago and seeing it now is just, depressing. After searching through the forums and talking to some old players that still dedicate time to what I dare say is a now-empty server, I have come to see that the server, and its leadership, has slowly faded with time-- and with good reason. The fact that most people that played back then were as old as I am now probably means that they are all busy with life nowadays, answering my own original question. My next question that popped up after writing all of this meaningless reminiscence is, what is this server's fate? I'd hate to see the server ultimately die with time even though it has good reason to do so, but now that I've answered my own question of what happened, what's going to happen?

(this is also my second (nevermind SIXTH wow) forum post, showing you just how super active i was when i was ten years old screaming at admins on the server in capslock every day after school for no reason.)
ViHQ likes this post.

Re: what happened?

Postby Woof__ » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:59 am

I'll be honest with ya, like almost everything i've experienced in life, it's gonna fade away/die anytime, and I think it might be soon. Usually all we do is grind for money and do events JUST for money. Literally it turned from Roleplay and Drama to ["MONEY MONEY MONEY" -Mr. Krabs]. We all have projects 'n all but I'm pretty sure that the servers' original purpose has completely turned into ashes and blown away. What stands now is just the remains of what was once a great city. Of course the community is still great(toxicity here and there still) but the purpose of the server: *poof*.

Let me sum up what happened:
-All Technicians have gone inactive since 2017, that includes:
SucceededKiller
Travco
any others I don't know

-Most of the O.G's are no longer active and have left the server
AlexIsTurnt
2awe
Beta
Etc.

-Most cities have become completely dead, and have become ghost towns:
MonBay
Solaris
literally almost every city

-Roleplay no longer exists in the server, since commitment isn't even tried anymore
Almost every city had RP, but now have completely died

-Most of the Mods and Admins resigned for a variety of reasons, and some have stayed:
UltraPro
Spartan
Literally that's all who I can think of

-Some mods I prefer to keep nameless in the past were just terrible
I'm pretty sure I said "nameless"

-O.G players started getting banned for reasons, mostly scamming or hacking.

-Economy is in a literal shithole right now:
Voting crate prizes can now give people money from 100-50k
Literally almost everyone has like 50k+

-New players aren't staying because of minginess and toxicity, or just cause of boredom:
The Player Helper department fell
The effort to keep players in is just pathetic and weak
Most players have nowhere to go because most people don't help them, only a few will help them get an apartment

-Minginess, Toxicity, Boredom, Pathetic and useless arguing just to make time go by:
People argue just for the sake of it:
(~Satan's Goodbye Post literally had people arguing about him slandering christianity and paisie making a fuss instead of saying goodbye to ~Satan)
(Heated arguments start for no reason, people do it just cause. Some people get heated and try to add drama *cough* *cough* Cow & Paisie *cough* *cough*. Adding some drama about like examples:
"HE HATES CHRISTIANITY" someone else: "Im sorry" other person: "HE JUST KEEPS HATING IT, BAN HIM"
ffs man it's just down right pathetic and rude)

-Most mods and admins are power hungry, i'm not referring to everyone but still, we've had some over the years
Some mods and admins ignore some posts or just don't use the time they have to reply, because if it involves something against them, they won't answer, or will refuse to give an answer.

Yup... That's all. HelloMiners literally is in a big pile of poop right now.
7 people like this post.

Postby StickMan » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:18 am

Aye do you remember TheLittleHusky (2015-2019)
Hey y'all its ur favorite husky :)
here since April 2015

If you would like to keep up with me, discord: StickMan#1105

"I shove my love in your eye, This queen bee is ready to die. You'll need someone holier than Moses, Mary won't cut it this time." - MXMS

Postby 4K606 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:07 am

Woof__ wrote:I'll be honest with ya, like almost everything i've experienced in life, it's gonna fade away/die anytime, and I think it might be soon. Usually all we do is grind for money and do events JUST for money. Literally it turned from Roleplay and Drama to ["MONEY MONEY MONEY" -Mr. Krabs]. We all have projects 'n all but I'm pretty sure that the servers' original purpose has completely turned into ashes and blown away. What stands now is just the remains of what was once a great city. Of course the community is still great(toxicity here and there still) but the purpose of the server: *poof*.

SucceededKiller
Travco
any others I don't know

AlexIsTurnt
2awe
Beta
Etc.

MonBay
Solaris

-Roleplay no longer exists in the server, since commitment isn't even tried anymore

-Most of the Mods and Admins resigned for a variety of reasons, and some have stayed:
UltraPro
Spartan

-New players aren't staying because of minginess and toxicity, or just cause of boredom:
Most players have nowhere to go because most people don't help them, only a few will help them get an apartment

-Minginess, Toxicity, Boredom, Pathetic and useless arguing just to make time go by:
(~Satan's Goodbye Post literally had people arguing about him slandering christianity and paisie making a fuss instead of saying goodbye to ~Satan)
(Heated arguments start for no reason, people do it just cause. Some people get heated and try to add drama *cough* *cough* Cow & Paisie *cough* *cough*. Adding some drama about like examples:
"HE HATES CHRISTIANITY" someone else: "Im sorry" other person: "HE JUST KEEPS HATING IT, BAN HIM"

-Most mods and admins are power hungry, i'm not referring to everyone but still, we've had some over the years
Some mods and admins ignore some posts or just don't use the time they have to reply, because if it involves something against them, they won't answer, or will refuse to give an answer.

Woof you basically summed it up.
I didn't know travaco was a technician but he was inactive long before 2017.

2awe, I still have one of his books called EzMoney ;)

Yea its all about Money now, I dont vote bc I dont really care about mola a lot unless I need it but if you can spend half your life on this server you can basically afk cobble mine and make 3k an hour with a good gen.
Truth be told- Who is gona stop you I rarely see admins on and mods in my timezone late at night.
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.
Owner of SEL
West Helloclan City Manager
Hellominer's City Dept. Offical

Net Worth: F300,000

Postby FMDIAMOND » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:25 pm

It’s sad to see such an amazing server die so painfully and so slowly, over the almost 6 years that I’ve been here this is the worst the server has gotten, there are many reasons as stated above but a major player in the slow death of this digital paradise was the decline in new players to refresh the economy and create demand for shops, cities, apartments, jobs and the rest. Maybe, just maybe if we update before it’s too late we might just rise again but it’s not that simple and tedde is spending 24 hours a day 7days a week all year on other things. And update might save us and make use start enjoying this server and not feeling as if it is a job.
3 people like this post.
owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby Woof__ » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:58 pm

4K606 wrote:
Woof__ wrote:I'll be honest with ya, like almost everything i've experienced in life, it's gonna fade away/die anytime, and I think it might be soon. Usually all we do is grind for money and do events JUST for money. Literally it turned from Roleplay and Drama to ["MONEY MONEY MONEY" -Mr. Krabs]. We all have projects 'n all but I'm pretty sure that the servers' original purpose has completely turned into ashes and blown away. What stands now is just the remains of what was once a great city. Of course the community is still great(toxicity here and there still) but the purpose of the server: *poof*.

SucceededKiller
Travco
any others I don't know

AlexIsTurnt
2awe
Beta
Etc.

MonBay
Solaris

UltraPro
Spartan

Woof you basically summed it up.
I didn't know travaco was a technician but he was inactive long before 2017.

2awe, I still have one of his books called EzMoney ;)

Yea its all about Money now, I dont vote bc I dont really care about mola a lot unless I need it but if you can spend half your life on this server you can basically afk cobble mine and make 3k an hour with a good gen.
Truth be told- Who is gona stop you I rarely see admins on and mods in my timezone late at night.

2awe gave me Invincibility Bootz, and I still have them to this day ;-;

Postby Woof__ » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:59 pm

We literally need Technicians to become active, or Tedde to at least give us and update, without any technicians who have console command access, there's no way to get ahead to 1.13 or 1.14

Postby ~Felix » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Woof__ wrote:We literally need Technicians to become active, or Tedde to at least give us and update, without any technicians who have console command access, there's no way to get ahead to 1.13 or 1.14

Why does everyone think this is the issue? Our issue is the fact that there’s nothing to do on our server, there is an inflation of like 200 rare items which is the only thing being sold now... virtual items, new players are not helped and disregarded, our staff team is disorganized and impartial, and on top of that we can’t update for more players. Don’t let the admins fool you with their blames of a lack of control. Do you think our old admins would sit around and not make their own website? Or offer their own money or ask the community for more money? Stop kidding yourselves. There are plenty of options for our community and yet the only one being considered is “waiting around for our owner who was last active... never.”
2 people like this post.

Postby fat albert » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:20 am

So I spent an hour or two exploring the server and the inactivity really shows. Almost every shop is out of stock, almost all of the land in the game is regioned, yet there's not a single player to fix those issues. I kind of assumed that, like all good things, it faded with time, and judging by some of your explanations,

time was the ultimate killer.

in context song that i thought of (look in comments to see what the video actually is)

that very tiny chance is still there, look at the catastrophe that happened after the filming of that video and how san francisco is today, they rebuilt even stronger.

Postby Cocraven2018#1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:08 am

2awe gave me around 250K in bank notes before he/she left never figured out the gender
Owner Of White Water Industry