Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion We need change

We need change

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: We need change

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:
fluffythebunnyx wrote:
FMDIAMOND wrote:That is the worst possible thing to do, it will destroy markets for minerals, basic building blocks, sand and the lot, it was tried on another server I spent a few months on and it just failed.
And mate I’ve been here for almost 6 years, I hate it when people like you who have it a little harder then us guys who have worked out asses of to get where we are for years on end, you basically deleting half of my life.

Yeah i agree the resource world is a dumb idea, but i think the PM should be reset more regularly

Just to clarify by resource world: we mean as in a normal world where you can't region and it is used to get resources which then allows things such as deserts to actually look nice, as it is the resource world getting ruined.

Ik what one is, I've seen other servers with them and it only really works with large servers or ones that have always had it there
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby Spav/Austin » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:09 pm

SpartanPride7 wrote:Like others pointed out, nearly everything you listed in this post cannot happen because Tedde doesn't feel like helping us out. Once we are actually able to expand to 1.13, have the ability to fix one of the hundreds of issues, and have space on the server for new plugins that can help the economy and help the server expand, we will hopefully be in a better place. That all starts with Tedde, though. I really have no idea when he will get this done. However frustrating it is for you, it's double that for Admins who cannot do anything until Tedde snaps his fingers.

Here's an idea. Don't rely on daddy's money and find a way for a server to make some income. Dampen the price of the price of store items, accept advertisements on the forum or server, a little change goes a long way. SK clearly doesn't care enough (been a lasting, lasting consequence after Beta departed and they picked him to lead out of thin air). Perhaps someone can learn how to do this or with the income you'll generate by doing some changes you can hire someone who does.

This isn't directed at you, you're not a bad guy. But seriously, if Nintendo kept selling the 64 for 25 years they wouldn't be around either.
2 people like this post.

Postby ~Spider » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:04 pm

Spav/Austin wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:Like others pointed out, nearly everything you listed in this post cannot happen because Tedde doesn't feel like helping us out. Once we are actually able to expand to 1.13, have the ability to fix one of the hundreds of issues, and have space on the server for new plugins that can help the economy and help the server expand, we will hopefully be in a better place. That all starts with Tedde, though. I really have no idea when he will get this done. However frustrating it is for you, it's double that for Admins who cannot do anything until Tedde snaps his fingers.

Here's an idea. Don't rely on daddy's money and find a way for a server to make some income. Dampen the price of the price of store items, accept advertisements on the forum or server, a little change goes a long way. SK clearly doesn't care enough (been a lasting, lasting consequence after Beta departed and they picked him to lead out of thin air). Perhaps someone can learn how to do this or with the income you'll generate by doing some changes you can hire someone who does.

This isn't directed at you, you're not a bad guy. But seriously, if Nintendo kept selling the 64 for 25 years they wouldn't be around either.

I really like this idea and support it. I definitely know a couple players in the community that can fill SK's role on HM.
HelloMiners Millionaire SpiderPig2323
----------------------------------------------------------
HelloMiners Player Since May 13th 2016
Networth: F4,000,000
Top Balance: F2,500,000
Battle Place Host
----------------------------------------------------------

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:39 pm

Spav/Austin wrote:

Everything you listed requires either Tedde to do it or for him to give us the access so we can do it.

Postby Spav/Austin » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:55 pm

DR_StevenStrange wrote:
Spav/Austin wrote:

Everything you listed requires either Tedde to do it or for him to give us the access so we can do it.

Well, at least it doesn't as long as him actually having to do something. While you're at it, ask him if decisions regarding the server can be democratically voted on by the community and for admins to have the power to implement them without his permission.

Postby soccerboy61 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:39 am

Steven I know you do all you can. This is more directed at the really high ups. This is an utter disgrace that they don't care about something they put money into every month

Postby 4K606 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:57 am

soccerboy61 wrote:Steven I know you do all you can. This is more directed at the really high ups. This is an utter disgrace that they don't care about something they put money into every month

They don't care because they don't notice it on their bills every month like that TV service you pay for every month but havn't used it years.
Except Hellominers isn't a Tv service like Roku, we can auctually "try" to get the owner's attention.
My suggestion is that we all start a go-fund me account and all pitch in so we can advertise the server. Mabye Tedde will notice it on his bills that the server is generating more money and give it more time such as handing the fourm perms over and firing the technician for lack of nothing the past year. (Yes, I have heard that Sk did do much in his time for this server but as IceSkater said to me I think he has moved on past Hellominers. Travelocity wouldn't keep paying their CEO 70 million a year if he went home and never came back.)
Owner of SEL
West Helloclan City Manager
Hellominer's City Dept. Offical

Net Worth: F300,000

Postby ZacTheMan1 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 pm

The problem that we can fix right now is the lack of jobs and money circulation. It is quite obvious now that there are only 2 ways to make decent money and that is either by stone farming, or going through and voting for the server. To new players, how enticing is this. They come on to buy a house and build up their reputation but how do you do that when you have to go to pm and mindlessly grind. On the other hand, after talking to some of the more established players, they say that once they get a steady inflow of money they feel it is alright to start hiring others to do work. In the past there have been many ways to obtain good amounts of money, however, those have been removed. Money does not flow like it would in real life on HM, it gets stuck in inactive pals so the government must be a big part of funding. I remember back in the good times of a few years ago I would always see new players join and go through the process of building themselves up. Now they are stuck without anything to do.

In regards to making new jobs, it should not be all on the players to find new ideas. Staff should have looked further than a few days and planned ahead for creating new sources of money. The lasting affects are now being seen as the older players who once enjoyed how the server was are leaving.

Now missile and I did have a pretty good way to revamp how job centers work a while ago but it needed new players who wanted to play. As many of you probably know the only new players we get now are alts so there goes that idea.
2 people like this post.

Postby Woof__ » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:18 pm

I just thought:
If you buy anything for the server, does it go to the budget to the server or to Tedde himself? If Tedde gets it directly, then idk bout the future of the server, he doesn't go on much and usually only admins and mods speak with him. If SK was to be contacted and recommended a technician to do some stuff for the server, that would be the best thing to happen right now, since we REALLY need a technician. 1.14 isn't going anywhere, but there sure is hell gonna be a 1.15, heck even a 1.9000. The thing is that our server is lacking behind on some of the new content, and we need some technicians or at least someone who has access to the server console.

Previous