Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion We need change

We need change

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: We need change

Postby SpartanPride7 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:11 am

Like others pointed out, nearly everything you listed in this post cannot happen because Tedde doesn't feel like helping us out. Once we are actually able to expand to 1.13, have the ability to fix one of the hundreds of issues, and have space on the server for new plugins that can help the economy and help the server expand, we will hopefully be in a better place. That all starts with Tedde, though. I really have no idea when he will get this done. However frustrating it is for you, it's double that for Admins who cannot do anything until Tedde snaps his fingers.
Dylad likes this post.

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby ~Weather » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:41 am

SpartanPride7 wrote:Like others pointed out, nearly everything you listed in this post cannot happen because Tedde doesn't feel like helping us out. Once we are actually able to expand to 1.13, have the ability to fix one of the hundreds of issues, and have space on the server for new plugins that can help the economy and help the server expand, we will hopefully be in a better place. That all starts with Tedde, though. I really have no idea when he will get this done. However frustrating it is for you, it's double that for Admins who cannot do anything until Tedde snaps his fingers.

Just how Tedde doesn't feel like helping us most don't feel like playing on a broken server. It's a huge issue and is taking away the entire server population slowly day by day. No matter what small plugins are added it doesn't make a difference until the major issues are solved. All in all, car plugin is cute and I appreciate all the work that was put into adding it, but that isn't the solution to draw more players to HM. No city on HM has the proper infrastructure to even have cars. Land is also too expensive to have proper infrastructure for cars. Private cities cannot budget for huge wide roads with proper infrastructure to adjust to cars. Highways to connect places are non-existent and currently aren't being worked on atm to my knowledge. The server is coming to the point of no return with these major issues and it's very upsetting and sad to see it's downfall.
CoolPaisie101 likes this post.

Postby Zyra_bot » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:25 am

~Weather wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:Like others pointed out, nearly everything you listed in this post cannot happen because Tedde doesn't feel like helping us out. Once we are actually able to expand to 1.13, have the ability to fix one of the hundreds of issues, and have space on the server for new plugins that can help the economy and help the server expand, we will hopefully be in a better place. That all starts with Tedde, though. I really have no idea when he will get this done. However frustrating it is for you, it's double that for Admins who cannot do anything until Tedde snaps his fingers.

Just how Tedde doesn't feel like helping us most don't feel like playing on a broken server. It's a huge issue and is taking away the entire server population slowly day by day. No matter what small plugins are added it doesn't make a difference until the major issues are solved. All in all, car plugin is cute and I appreciate all the work that was put into adding it, but that isn't the solution to draw more players to HM. No city on HM has the proper infrastructure to even have cars. Land is also too expensive to have proper infrastructure for cars. Private cities cannot budget for huge wide roads with proper infrastructure to adjust to cars. Highways to connect places are non-existent and currently aren't being worked on atm to my knowledge. The server is coming to the point of no return with these major issues and it's very upsetting and sad to see it's downfall.

Your speaking to the wrong people. Staff has said already they have discussed with tedde and sk previously for years and still nothing is getting done. The connection between the two entities are weak, if players can't spot that then they are incredibly dull. If you really want change you need Tedde Onboard, Not Spart not DrSteven or Ultra you need Tedde or Sk... their words and actions currently are all that matter everyone else is irrelevant atm. If you are tired of this in-between diplomacy between staff and higher management which has lead to naught then get teddes or sk contact and put pressure and present the issues to him directly. Encourage others to do the same, peer pressure works in numbers, not in aggressive rhetoric. talk and complain directly to him apposed to inter mediums like staff who have clearly not been able to do so for years now. Saying that it's "staff job" is right aswell but clearly, tedde and sk aren't taking them seriously or have issues and commitments that staff isn't accurately depicting to players. Regardless of whichever that may be complaining to staff has not changed anything and will continually follow this trend of inactivity as it has for years now, therefore if you truly want change then take actions into your own hands instead of singing the same tune as everyone else which hasn't produced anything besides toxicity and internal frictions.
2 people like this post.

Postby Dylad » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:59 am

In my opinion, I think the server should just go for a hard reset... Reworking infrastructure for months and removal of building in the wild without bought land should be a priority, as well as a resource world if we were to reset. I’d full go for that, tbh.
Egor likes this post.
--------------------------------------------------------------
300k Networth
2.5 Years
Fmr. OQIL Commissioner

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:15 am

Dylad wrote:In my opinion, I think the server should just go for a hard reset... Reworking infrastructure for months and removal of building in the wild without bought land should be a priority, as well as a resource world if we were to reset. I’d full go for that, tbh.

what do you think we have all been working for? like why the fuck would we want our hard work erased
Spav/Austin likes this post.
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:27 am

CoolPaisie101 wrote:
Dylad wrote:In my opinion, I think the server should just go for a hard reset... Reworking infrastructure for months and removal of building in the wild without bought land should be a priority, as well as a resource world if we were to reset. I’d full go for that, tbh.

what do you think we have all been working for? like why the fuck would we want our hard work erased

although i dont really support dylads idea of no building in the wild without a rg, he never stated that your work would be reset. just that infrastructure would be reworked and a resource world
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby FMDIAMOND » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Dylad wrote:Just wait for it and be patient. I used to be like all of you, but I just realized that complaining about it does nothing.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbwfpFrWRA
If you don’t like it, you can leave.

Jokes aside, they’re doing their best, they have lives. In the coming months, this’ll be done.

Telling people to leave isn’t helping, but yes it will take time obviously, but it has been months and months and months, the problem lies with tedde and him not even setting aside 20 minutes of his day, if your telling me he doesn’t have 20 minutes to help this community that used to love him than your just plain stupid.
owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby FMDIAMOND » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:04 pm

fluffythebunnyx wrote:
CoolPaisie101 wrote:

although i dont really support dylads idea of no building in the wild without a rg, he never stated that your work would be reset. just that infrastructure would be reworked and a resource world

That is the worst possible thing to do, it will destroy markets for minerals, basic building blocks, sand and the lot, it was tried on another server I spent a few months on and it just failed.
And mate I’ve been here for almost 6 years, I hate it when people like you who have it a little harder then us guys who have worked out asses of to get where we are for years on end, you basically deleting half of my life.
CoolPaisie101 likes this post.
owner of TORCHED and net worth of 500K
Veteran of HelloClan
Player since November 15th 2013
#IMWITHBETA

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:24 pm

FMDIAMOND wrote:That is the worst possible thing to do, it will destroy markets for minerals, basic building blocks, sand and the lot, it was tried on another server I spent a few months on and it just failed.
And mate I’ve been here for almost 6 years, I hate it when people like you who have it a little harder then us guys who have worked out asses of to get where we are for years on end, you basically deleting half of my life.

Yeah i agree the resource world is a dumb idea, but i think the PM should be reset more regularly
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby Cheerios32 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:03 pm

fluffythebunnyx wrote:
FMDIAMOND wrote:That is the worst possible thing to do, it will destroy markets for minerals, basic building blocks, sand and the lot, it was tried on another server I spent a few months on and it just failed.

Yeah i agree the resource world is a dumb idea, but i think the PM should be reset more regularly

Just to clarify by resource world: we mean as in a normal world where you can't region and it is used to get resources which then allows things such as deserts to actually look nice, as it is the resource world getting ruined.
Dylad likes this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[me -> Console] nub
[Console -> me] shut up
[Console -> me] :(
------------------------------
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich: