Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Question about a pending report?

Question about a pending report?

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Question about a pending report?

Postby ~Felix » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=171&t=34857

Just wondering when this topic is going to be responded to. It seems y’all are able to respond quickly to every report that’s not into the staff members themselves. It’s been over 12 days since Strange locked the topic..... just making sure these reports don’t go unnoticed.
5 people like this post.

Re: Question about a pending report?

Postby ViHQ » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:26 pm

:roll:
Owner/Ceo of Gridlock Incorporated.
Proud Knight of the Kingdom of Haven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since 2014, message me on here or ingame, or on my discord anytime.

Postby Cheerios32 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:56 am

To be fair, a report on the people discussing reports is always going to take a while, however a verdict should be released in the near future (couple of days I hope).
2 people like this post.
If you have any server suggestions, or even if you just want to inform staff that we're doing the right/wrong thing, message me on discord: InsertCheerios#9490

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby ~Felix » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:03 pm

Except strange only locked the topic because all of the comments were anti-Camel. I’m sure if they had arguments to defend camel they wouldn’t have locked it, just requesting that admins don’t lock report topics before they get out of hand for strategic reasons. A forum is for debate and discussion, not for 4 admins to decide everything.
FMDIAMOND likes this post.

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:40 pm

~Felix wrote:Except strange only locked the topic because all of the comments were anti-Camel. I’m sure if they had arguments to defend camel they wouldn’t have locked it, just requesting that admins don’t lock report topics before they get out of hand for strategic reasons. A forum is for debate and discussion, not for 4 admins to decide everything.

If you read all the posts on the topic, people were starting to attack each other, Rodney and Cudley. Assuming that it was locked because all the comments were anti-Camel is incorrect because 1. not all of them were and 2. I locked it to prevent people from turning it into a flame war, which was where it looked like it was headed. Also to assume that if there were arguments to defend him, then it wouldnt have been locked, is also incorrect for the same reasons. And while the forums is a place for debate and discussion, many times it usually leads to flame wars and attacking of others. Because of that, if a topic looks to be heading in the direction of a flame war, it is locked.
~Felix likes this post.

Postby ~Felix » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 pm

DR_StevenStrange wrote:
~Felix wrote:Except strange only locked the topic because all of the comments were anti-Camel. I’m sure if they had arguments to defend camel they wouldn’t have locked it, just requesting that admins don’t lock report topics before they get out of hand for strategic reasons. A forum is for debate and discussion, not for 4 admins to decide everything.

If you read all the posts on the topic, people were starting to attack each other, Rodney and Cudley. Assuming that it was locked because all the comments were anti-Camel is incorrect because 1. not all of them were and 2. I locked it to prevent people from turning it into a flame war, which was where it looked like it was headed. Also to assume that if there were arguments to defend him, then it wouldnt have been locked, is also incorrect for the same reasons. And while the forums is a place for debate and discussion, many times it usually leads to flame wars and attacking of others. Because of that, if a topic looks to be heading in the direction of a flame war, it is locked.

I didn't see anyone being attacked.

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:56 pm

i spent like 5 minutes on this 8-)
9 people like this post.
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:13 pm

fluffythebunnyx wrote:Image

i spent like 5 minutes on this 8-)

In accordance with the forum rules, it does state that you shouldnt comment on a report unless your comment contains new objective information that is directly relevant to the events described in the report or evidence to support or disprove the report. That means it isnt the place to post your thoughts on the person reporting nor the person being reported.
2 people like this post.

Postby Scepticon » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:25 pm

DR_StevenStrange wrote:In accordance with the forum rules, it does state that you shouldnt comment on a report unless your comment contains new objective information that is directly relevant to the events described in the report or evidence to support or disprove the report. That means it isnt the place to post your thoughts on the person reporting nor the person being reported.

Promoting a community discussion is an important part of the report and ban process too. While staff have final say, and though these discussions can occasionally turn into a pure flame war, it's important that the views of the general community are reflected too.

Having an indication of the views of the community can provide an insight into what light the general community holds the situation, as well as the corresponding staff response - be this a strong positive response, strong negative response, or a controversial one from player to player. Having this consensus can give the staff a pointer as to whether or not they made the right decision, and whether their decision may, in some cases, need to be re-examined. Furthermore, in some cases it may too indicate a flawed or outdated set of rules on which a judgement was based.

After all, no one is infallible.
5 people like this post.
Former Architect (Look at the old IG if you want - all designs were mine)

Former Moderator

Founder of the Official Quadcorp Ironball League (OQIL)

Former Player (Joined June 2013)

Some guy who built the big cruise ship next to Sudbury. Almost owned a whole government city at one point. :P

Postby ~Felix » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:44 am

Sooooooo, are any reports including this one going to be responded to?

Next