Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Happy Pride Everyone!

Happy Pride Everyone!

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby Tekton9 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:18 am

llllgf wrote:The one thing I don't understand is how people, and gay people support each other yet they are so hateful towards religions etc or think its stupid. If they think they deserve to have a whole month about being gay then have respect for religions etc. (This is vise versa) Otherwise gays DON'T deserve their pride thing or respect from getting bullied.

They don't hate religion. This is a straw person argument trying to assert that members of the LGBT community oppose religion, when in reality all the religious groups that they oppose, they oppose because these groups literally hate them. Gay people are executed in the middle east by people in the name of Islam, their funerals are protested by Evangelicals and the West Baptist Bureau Church, and the seemingly peaceful Buddhist and Shinto religions don't like LGBT people at all either and any non-straight relationships are pretty much banned in most South-East Asian countries...

The idea that people should respect their oppressors is dangerous and legitimizes hateful groups.

Please think before you write.
4 people like this post.
Owner of ISI - The Best Superstore On Hellominers - Visit our Swamp City location!

Net Worth - F900,000

Postby Dylad » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:20 am

Reading the replies, lol
--------------------------------------------------------------
300k Networth
2.5 Years
Fmr. OQIL Commissioner

Postby MrNuggly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:27 pm

This is a pretty dumb thread lol

Postby MrNuggly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:37 pm

thesterninator wrote:Firstly, there is no need to shout.

This entire topic was meant to be a celebration and yet this is somehow turning into a flame topic where everything is on fire and everyone is mad. Pride month is to celebrate people and how they show love (by choice or not) and yet some people on this topic are making it about them. Think about it like this; today is someones birthday and you are getting upset at that person becasue it's not your birthday. If you feel that this is a religious thing you are wrong. if you think this is a mental awareness thing you are wrong. if you think this is anything other than a celebration of ALL people then you are wrong. This is a celebration of sexuality and the people making this into a flame war are the reason that this is something that deserves its own month of awareness.

Do you get upset during breast cancer awareness because people aren't talking about you? or do you get upset during Ramadan because no one is talking about you? That's the problem. this isn't about YOU whether you be gay, straight, or anything in between or outside of. This is about a celebration of sexuality and the awareness therein. And FYI this is coming from a former Christian Minister who was fired for saying these exact things.

This topic was created to start an argument by basically imposing some mindset that some people are obviously going to find weird and oppose it or even make fun of it. Like it's painfully obvious that was the intent, and nobody cares if you are christian or not, this is a retarded topic.
2 people like this post.

Postby MrNuggly » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:48 pm

clexar wrote:
~Doodle wrote:I think I accept this whole gay day thing where it's a singular day celebrating the acceptance of such mental states however I think the entire month like this thing: Image
Has gone way to far and I will never support something as stupid as this. However, for the achievements of stopping us killing eachother for our thoughts, happy pride day.

mental states?? you mean... sexuality? or gender identity? i don’t think you mean any harm (i hope) but just know that it kind of connotes to mental disorder which some people still think it is so i’d suggest against using that phrasing. also you should read https://www.scarymommy.com/why-we-need-pride-month/. i dont think one day is really enough to make up for how much shit lgbtq+ people were put through or how much shit they still get

Nice job making somebody read some article found because you see the title of the article and want to support it but then get too lazy to read the whole thing so you can say the arguments yourself

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:55 pm

MrNuggly wrote:
thesterninator wrote:Firstly, there is no need to shout.

This entire topic was meant to be a celebration and yet this is somehow turning into a flame topic where everything is on fire and everyone is mad. Pride month is to celebrate people and how they show love (by choice or not) and yet some people on this topic are making it about them. Think about it like this; today is someones birthday and you are getting upset at that person becasue it's not your birthday. If you feel that this is a religious thing you are wrong. if you think this is a mental awareness thing you are wrong. if you think this is anything other than a celebration of ALL people then you are wrong. This is a celebration of sexuality and the people making this into a flame war are the reason that this is something that deserves its own month of awareness.

Do you get upset during breast cancer awareness because people aren't talking about you? or do you get upset during Ramadan because no one is talking about you? That's the problem. this isn't about YOU whether you be gay, straight, or anything in between or outside of. This is about a celebration of sexuality and the awareness therein. And FYI this is coming from a former Christian Minister who was fired for saying these exact things.

This topic was created to start an argument by basically imposing some mindset that some people are obviously going to find weird and oppose it or even make fun of it. Like it's painfully obvious that was the intent, and nobody cares if you are christian or not, this is a retarded topic.

i agree this was probably created for some flame war seeing as arc doesnt like straight ppl

Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Peoples general attitude towards me:

Discord: Fluffy#9622

"Knickers" - John Lennon

Banned until Feb 1st

Postby d0dleysvrz » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:44 pm

hole fuck this blew up....

Well happy pride day xD

keep the peace flowing,

no more flamewar below this line
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4 people like this post.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Postby mypuppyrue » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Happy Pride Fren's
~Arctic likes this post.
Taters Gonna Tate

Mypuppyrue Died
<Trial-Mod~Ash> have a wonderful day <3

#FreedomToBeWild #LetUsLiveCityless

Postby ~Doodle » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:44 pm

This topic has unfortunately been advertising the fact opinions like these are now acceptable to share:

I have removed the images due to the content of them being unsuitable for use anywhere on the forums.

This topic unfortunately has only made room for hate speech like this to flourish and as I am aware, that isn't the topic intent. For the reason that this topic is only causing more and more flamewars and making these types of comments seem acceptable, I request a topic lock. The more this continues to be talked about and seen, the more these debates breaks friendships and starts to tear the community.
Last edited by ~Doodle on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby SpartanPride7 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:14 pm

A flamewar ceases when you stop being toxic. Stop bringing in more things that just keep an argument going. This topic is simply celebrating pride; no one asked for the flame war that you all brought. If you have a problem with something, keep it to yourself or discuss it somewhere where it would be respectful. Attacking the idea of this celebration is just like someone walking into a church on Christmas shouting against their believes.

Be respectful. It shouldn’t be so difficult.

Happy Pride
7 people like this post.

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

PreviousNext