Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Happy Pride Everyone!


Happy Pride Everyone!

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby clexar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:16 pm

~Doodle wrote:
The definition of sexuality is "a person's sexual orientation or preference". Preference is a choice made by you using your brain, and sexual orientation is also a desicion you make mentally. This means sexuality is totally optional and is all a mental thing, these preferences aren't physical. Nor do I mean anyone harm and I totally respect your right to voice your opinion on this, however your point I do not agree with. I feel I made my comment with the most accurate terminology possible as this whole idea of sexuality and genders is a mere construct of the mind. The reason I mention mental health issues is some people conflict self harm to theirself because they don't feel happy with whatever they are. This is not stereotypical human behaviour and people who hurt theirself for the simple reason they can't fight basic human biology, is a definite mental issue.
On your point about a whole month, we do not devote whole months to genius who created COBOL despite the gender discrimination at the time, we do not devote whole months to those people who go out to these countries in the middle east and die in attempt to wipe out extremest groups like Islamic state. Many, many people went and did what was best for the world in hope to create something new yet we are here celebrating a bunch of made up words people want to classify themselves as because they can't get over the fact you are either male, female or mixed (male & female (where one is more predominant) body parts) where you have both characteristics. My point is many other people have done what's best for the world and die trying of come back with the most horific mental scars yet we don't have full month's raising awareness for these people.
I fully recognise people were discriminated for having these thoughts but people in the 1540s were executed for stating mear science that earth orbited the sun. There is no need for an entire month of classifications for people to put themselves into when there are hundreds of other times where people were put in worse conditions than modern societies discrimination that everyone keeps bringing up so until we have a month for all of them, only then will I accept and entire month for something as petty as a classification outside of basic human biology.

I still say happy pride day in support of a day to celebrate the achievements so far, this means I don't totally disagree with the entire concept :).


ok i see where you’re coming from with how we don’t have months for other important things, but the first thing u said - i can GUARANTEE u being gay or bi is not a choice. i cant speak for trans/other gender things and don’t know much about it so let’s not talk about that. it’s not a choice who you are attracted to. sure, it’s a choice whether you act on this attraction, but why would you be with someone you aren’t attracted to? humans want to be with someone they are physically and romantically attracted to. i don’t really get how you, someone who is straight (to the best of my knowledge, correct me if i’m wrong) can just sit there and say all gay people are faking their attraction ? it just doesn’t make sense to me? like how would you know? if someone dislikes bananas but likes apples, they have a preference and they can’t change this preference

also another thing: this post was just supposed to be a nice message to anyone celebrating, seems a bit rude to come on and say which parts you support and which you don’t. just let it be
2 people like this post.
*also not a real trial mod*

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby ~Doodle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:18 am

clexar wrote:
~Doodle wrote:
The definition of sexuality is "a person's sexual orientation or preference". Preference is a choice made by you using your brain, and sexual orientation is also a desicion you make mentally. This means sexuality is totally optional and is all a mental thing, these preferences aren't physical. Nor do I mean anyone harm and I totally respect your right to voice your opinion on this, however your point I do not agree with. I feel I made my comment with the most accurate terminology possible as this whole idea of sexuality and genders is a mere construct of the mind. The reason I mention mental health issues is some people conflict self harm to theirself because they don't feel happy with whatever they are. This is not stereotypical human behaviour and people who hurt theirself for the simple reason they can't fight basic human biology, is a definite mental issue.
On your point about a whole month, we do not devote whole months to genius who created COBOL despite the gender discrimination at the time, we do not devote whole months to those people who go out to these countries in the middle east and die in attempt to wipe out extremest groups like Islamic state. Many, many people went and did what was best for the world in hope to create something new yet we are here celebrating a bunch of made up words people want to classify themselves as because they can't get over the fact you are either male, female or mixed (male & female (where one is more predominant) body parts) where you have both characteristics. My point is many other people have done what's best for the world and die trying of come back with the most horific mental scars yet we don't have full month's raising awareness for these people.
I fully recognise people were discriminated for having these thoughts but people in the 1540s were executed for stating mear science that earth orbited the sun. There is no need for an entire month of classifications for people to put themselves into when there are hundreds of other times where people were put in worse conditions than modern societies discrimination that everyone keeps bringing up so until we have a month for all of them, only then will I accept and entire month for something as petty as a classification outside of basic human biology.

I still say happy pride day in support of a day to celebrate the achievements so far, this means I don't totally disagree with the entire concept :).


ok i see where you’re coming from with how we don’t have months for other important things, but the first thing u said - i can GUARANTEE u being gay or bi is not a choice. i cant speak for trans/other gender things and don’t know much about it so let’s not talk about that. it’s not a choice who you are attracted to. sure, it’s a choice whether you act on this attraction, but why would you be with someone you aren’t attracted to? humans want to be with someone they are physically and romantically attracted to. i don’t really get how you, someone who is straight (to the best of my knowledge, correct me if i’m wrong) can just sit there and say all gay people are faking their attraction ? it just doesn’t make sense to me? like how would you know? if someone dislikes bananas but likes apples, they have a preference and they can’t change this preference

also another thing: this post was just supposed to be a nice message to anyone celebrating, seems a bit rude to come on and say which parts you support and which you don’t. just let it be


I would happily continue this discussion further in DM's however as you rightly said, it's a nice message to anyone celebrating. I merely pointed out the entire calender thing is a bunch of baloney but for the fact we have stopped killing eachother over our beliefs, I supported it by saying happy pride day. I did take that into consideration when writing it so I am sorry it came across as that however I am entitled to my opinion and if I strongly disagree with something, I'm not going to leave it be. If everyone was like that, the world would be going to hell right now xD. Anyhow, I've made my point and we can both agree we do not need to continue on this forum, so DM me if you wanna :).
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Image

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby Theemy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:31 pm

~Doodle wrote:
clexar wrote:
~Doodle wrote:I think I accept this whole gay day thing where it's a singular day celebrating the acceptance of such mental states however I think the entire month like this thing: Image
Has gone way to far and I will never support something as stupid as this. However, for the achievements of stopping us killing eachother for our thoughts, happy pride day.


mental states?? you mean... sexuality? or gender identity? i don’t think you mean any harm (i hope) but just know that it kind of connotes to mental disorder which some people still think it is so i’d suggest against using that phrasing. also you should read https://www.scarymommy.com/why-we-need-pride-month/. i dont think one day is really enough to make up for how much shit lgbtq+ people were put through or how much shit they still get


The definition of sexuality is "a person's sexual orientation or preference". Preference is a choice made by you using your brain, and sexual orientation is also a desicion you make mentally. This means sexuality is totally optional and is all a mental thing, these preferences aren't physical. Nor do I mean anyone harm and I totally respect your right to voice your opinion on this, however your point I do not agree with. I feel I made my comment with the most accurate terminology possible as this whole idea of sexuality and genders is a mere construct of the mind. The reason I mention mental health issues is some people conflict self harm to theirself because they don't feel happy with whatever they are. This is not stereotypical human behaviour and people who hurt theirself for the simple reason they can't fight basic human biology, is a definite mental issue.
On your point about a whole month, we do not devote whole months to genius who created COBOL despite the gender discrimination at the time, we do not devote whole months to those people who go out to these countries in the middle east and die in attempt to wipe out extremest groups like Islamic state. Many, many people went and did what was best for the world in hope to create something new yet we are here celebrating a bunch of made up words people want to classify themselves as because they can't get over the fact you are either male, female or mixed (male & female (where one is more predominant) body parts) where you have both characteristics. My point is many other people have done what's best for the world and die trying of come back with the most horific mental scars yet we don't have full month's raising awareness for these people.
I fully recognise people were discriminated for having these thoughts but people in the 1540s were executed for stating mear science that earth orbited the sun. There is no need for an entire month of classifications for people to put themselves into when there are hundreds of other times where people were put in worse conditions than modern societies discrimination that everyone keeps bringing up so until we have a month for all of them, only then will I accept and entire month for something as petty as a classification outside of basic human biology.

I still say happy pride day in support of a day to celebrate the achievements so far, this means I don't totally disagree with the entire concept :).


I don't really care about anything else in this argument but the idea that sexuality is a choice is honestly ridiculous. I mean, when did you choose to be straight? If you wanted to be into a guy, you can't just make yourself, it's just who you are and you can't change that.

Nobody chooses to be gay, loads of people like myself have gone through shit for it, if I could have just made it easier for myself and just liked dudes I would have, but I can't.

Also it's not pride day it's pride month, I only made the joke of 'Happy gay day' because it rhymes and it was funny at the time. I really didn't mean anything by it.

EDIT: That graph is probably pulled off of the depths of tumblr, I've literally never met an lgbt person that actually believes in that. Pride month is pride month, where we all come together, gay, straight, bisexual, transgender ect. There are no days dedicated to sexualities and gender, that's not what I meant.

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:49 pm

~Doodle wrote:The definition of sexuality is "a person's sexual orientation or preference". Preference is a choice made by you using your brain, and sexual orientation is also a desicion you make mentally. This means sexuality is totally optional and is all a mental thing, these preferences aren't physical. Nor do I mean anyone harm and I totally respect your right to voice your opinion on this, however your point I do not agree with. I feel I made my comment with the most accurate terminology possible as this whole idea of sexuality and genders is a mere construct of the mind. The reason I mention mental health issues is some people conflict self harm to theirself because they don't feel happy with whatever they are. This is not stereotypical human behaviour and people who hurt theirself for the simple reason they can't fight basic human biology, is a definite mental issue.
On your point about a whole month, we do not devote whole months to genius who created COBOL despite the gender discrimination at the time, we do not devote whole months to those people who go out to these countries in the middle east and die in attempt to wipe out extremest groups like Islamic state. Many, many people went and did what was best for the world in hope to create something new yet we are here celebrating a bunch of made up words people want to classify themselves as because they can't get over the fact you are either male, female or mixed (male & female (where one is more predominant) body parts) where you have both characteristics. My point is many other people have done what's best for the world and die trying of come back with the most horific mental scars yet we don't have full month's raising awareness for these people.
I fully recognise people were discriminated for having these thoughts but people in the 1540s were executed for stating mear science that earth orbited the sun. There is no need for an entire month of classifications for people to put themselves into when there are hundreds of other times where people were put in worse conditions than modern societies discrimination that everyone keeps bringing up so until we have a month for all of them, only then will I accept and entire month for something as petty as a classification outside of basic human biology.

I still say happy pride day in support of a day to celebrate the achievements so far, this means I don't totally disagree with the entire concept :).

First off, if you did a little research, you would find that they have found a link to the homosexual preference for men on Chromosomes 8, 13, and X. This means that sexual preference is in fact genetic. On another note, if sexual preference was a choice, like you suggest, then explain why we dont just see it in humans? Further more, I support the whole notion of pride month, because if you have one day of awareness, it really doesnt do anything. Happy pride month.
5 people like this post.

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby Theemy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Theemy wrote:Happy gay day


I just want to clarify by this post I never meant that pride was just a day nor should be just a day. I just said 'Happy gay day lads' to somebody and it was a laugh. I never meant anything by this, I'm sorry for the miss understanding.
~Arctic likes this post.

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby StickMan » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:23 pm

y'all ruined this post
8 people like this post.
Hey y'all its ur favorite husky :)
here since April 2015

If you would like to keep up with me, discord: Husky#1105

"I shove my love in your eye, This queen bee is ready to die. You'll need someone holier than Moses, Mary won't cut it this time." - MXMS

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby ~Doodle » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:07 pm

~Theemy wrote:I don't really care about anything else in this argument but the idea that sexuality is a choice is honestly ridiculous. I mean, when did you choose to be straight? If you wanted to be into a guy, you can't just make yourself, it's just who you are and you can't change that.

Nobody chooses to be gay, loads of people like myself have gone through shit for it, if I could have just made it easier for myself and just liked dudes I would have, but I can't.

Also it's not pride day it's pride month, I only made the joke of 'Happy gay day' because it rhymes and it was funny at the time. I really didn't mean anything by it.


The point I made has been completely missed, I am not dissing anyone for being gay. The reason I mentioned a day has already been discussed and I think this sums it up:

DR_StevenStrange wrote:First off, if you did a little research, you would find that they have found a link to the homosexual preference for men on Chromosomes 8, 13, and X. This means that sexual preference is in fact genetic. On another note, if sexual preference was a choice, like you suggest, then explain why we dont just see it in humans? Further more, I support the whole notion of pride month, because if you have one day of awareness, it really doesnt do anything. Happy pride month.

If the paragraph was to be read, when I mention preference, you can see I was referring to what people class themselves as. I said "This means sexuality is totally optional and is all a mental thing, these preferences aren't physical." What I was pointing out was either you are classed as "straight" or something else. I did not say that it's your choice to be gay or not. As for your points you have made, "... they have found a link to the homosexual preference for men on Chromosomes 8, 13, and X. This means that sexual preference is in fact genetic." This is in males only. If you look at the statistics, there are significantly more females who support this entire month thing to males. Unfortunately, the males I am in constant communication with on a daily basis can tell me that they just don't care. I am well aware this isn't the case for everyone but this entire topic I am referring to females only.
Moving on, "if sexual preference was a choice, like you suggest, then explain why we dont just see it in humans?". This is because we don't understand everything. We use time as a way to quantify things we cannot explain. Merely saying "if this is true, why can't we see it" has to be one of the most arrogant things to say, this is unless your are a humanist. We cannot see gravity yet we use Newton's theory on a regular basis, with your logic, gravity doesn't exist because we cannot see it.
Lastly, "because if you have one day of awareness, it really doesnt do anything." - have you ever heard of Live Aid?

To summarise, I am more than supporting of international days of awareness but this "shit" modern feminism and people who want to be classified as something, throw at us, the less it becomes relevant and makes it seem like a grasp for something to hold onto out of desperation. Nobody cares if you are a biological anomaly, we get on with life and those who discriminate others for that shouldn't be part of society. People need to stop taking things to far like an entire month raising awareness for this utter crap:
Image
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Image

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby Cheerios32 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:26 pm

Could you all just stop fighting on a post that was supposed to be a nice gesture?

(FYI: It's Pride month as it is commemorating the Stonewall riots, which are pretty important in terms of the LGBTQ+ rights movement and lasted more than one day)
5 people like this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[me -> Console] nub
[Console -> me] shut up
[Console -> me] :(
------------------------------
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in


To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby llllgf » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 pm

The one thing I don't understand is how people, and gay people support each other yet they are so hateful towards religions etc or think its stupid. If they think they deserve to have a whole month about being gay then have respect for religions etc. (This is vise versa) Otherwise gays DON'T deserve their pride thing or respect from getting bullied.
Ford Heavy Duty Generations. 1994 - 2017
Image

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby thesterninator » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:29 pm

Firstly, there is no need to shout.

This entire topic was meant to be a celebration and yet this is somehow turning into a flame topic where everything is on fire and everyone is mad. Pride month is to celebrate people and how they show love (by choice or not) and yet some people on this topic are making it about them. Think about it like this; today is someones birthday and you are getting upset at that person becasue it's not your birthday. If you feel that this is a religious thing you are wrong. if you think this is a mental awareness thing you are wrong. if you think this is anything other than a celebration of ALL people then you are wrong. This is a celebration of sexuality and the people making this into a flame war are the reason that this is something that deserves its own month of awareness.

Do you get upset during breast cancer awareness because people aren't talking about you? or do you get upset during Ramadan because no one is talking about you? That's the problem. this isn't about YOU whether you be gay, straight, or anything in between or outside of. This is about a celebration of sexuality and the awareness therein. And FYI this is coming from a former Christian Minister who was fired for saying these exact things.
5 people like this post.

PreviousNext