Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Happy Pride Everyone!

Happy Pride Everyone!

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby ~Arctic » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Happy pride!
3 people like this post.
<Mypuppyrue> reyt nice they ar
<~Arctic> aye
<Mypuppyrue> i dint ask ow u was
<~Arctic> them reilways ar reyt nice ar they
<Mypuppyrue> they are
<~Arctic> yeh get whattamean?
<Mypuppyrue> i get whatyamean
<~Arctic> ah gud
<Mypuppyrue> do tha lot get what us mean
<Trial-Mod ~Ash> my brain hurts

Re: Happy Pride Everyone!

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:21 pm

huh
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Postby thesterninator » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Happy Pride!
~Arctic likes this post.

Postby Theemy » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:40 pm

Happy gay day
~Arctic likes this post.

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:41 pm

oh lol happy pride day
~Arctic likes this post.
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 pm

lol gay month
2 people like this post.
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Discord: Fluffy#9622

Postby ~Doodle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:11 pm

I think I accept this whole gay day thing where it's a singular day celebrating the acceptance of such mental states however I think the entire month like this thing:
Has gone way to far and I will never support something as stupid as this. However, for the achievements of stopping us killing eachother for our thoughts, happy pride day.
Last edited by ~Doodle on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby clexar » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:47 pm

~Doodle wrote:I think I accept this whole gay day thing where it's a singular day celebrating the acceptance of such mental states however I think the entire month like this thing: Image
Has gone way to far and I will never support something as stupid as this. However, for the achievements of stopping us killing eachother for our thoughts, happy pride day.

mental states?? you mean... sexuality? or gender identity? i don’t think you mean any harm (i hope) but just know that it kind of connotes to mental disorder which some people still think it is so i’d suggest against using that phrasing. also you should read https://www.scarymommy.com/why-we-need-pride-month/. i dont think one day is really enough to make up for how much shit lgbtq+ people were put through or how much shit they still get
2 people like this post.
*also not a real trial mod*

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:58 pm

clexar wrote:
~Doodle wrote:I think I accept this whole gay day thing where it's a singular day celebrating the acceptance of such mental states however I think the entire month like this thing: Image

mental states?? you mean... sexuality? or gender identity? i don’t think you mean any harm (i hope) but just know that it kind of connotes to mental disorder which some people still think it is so i’d suggest against using that phrasing. also you should read https://www.scarymommy.com/why-we-need-pride-month/. i dont think one day is really enough to make up for how much shit lgbtq+ people were put through or how much shit they still get

lmfaoooo scarymommy
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

Discord: Fluffy#9622

Postby ~Doodle » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:46 pm

clexar wrote:

The definition of sexuality is "a person's sexual orientation or preference". Preference is a choice made by you using your brain, and sexual orientation is also a desicion you make mentally. This means sexuality is totally optional and is all a mental thing, these preferences aren't physical. Nor do I mean anyone harm and I totally respect your right to voice your opinion on this, however your point I do not agree with. I feel I made my comment with the most accurate terminology possible as this whole idea of sexuality and genders is a mere construct of the mind. The reason I mention mental health issues is some people conflict self harm to theirself because they don't feel happy with whatever they are. This is not stereotypical human behaviour and people who hurt theirself for the simple reason they can't fight basic human biology, is a definite mental issue.
On your point about a whole month, we do not devote whole months to genius who created COBOL despite the gender discrimination at the time, we do not devote whole months to those people who go out to these countries in the middle east and die in attempt to wipe out extremest groups like Islamic state. Many, many people went and did what was best for the world in hope to create something new yet we are here celebrating a bunch of made up words people want to classify themselves as because they can't get over the fact you are either male, female or mixed (male & female (where one is more predominant) body parts) where you have both characteristics. My point is many other people have done what's best for the world and die trying of come back with the most horific mental scars yet we don't have full month's raising awareness for these people.
I fully recognise people were discriminated for having these thoughts but people in the 1540s were executed for stating mear science that earth orbited the sun. There is no need for an entire month of classifications for people to put themselves into when there are hundreds of other times where people were put in worse conditions than modern societies discrimination that everyone keeps bringing up so until we have a month for all of them, only then will I accept and entire month for something as petty as a classification outside of basic human biology.

I still say happy pride day in support of a day to celebrate the achievements so far, this means I don't totally disagree with the entire concept :).
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Next