Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Bad job by mods


Bad job by mods

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby Grinbear9 » Sun May 12, 2019 7:44 pm

skyfall3 wrote:i bought a plot for about 17 k in the wild. The mod said that the area was good and i got the land. now 2-3 months later im getting evicted because its to close to a city or some random shit. I got the money back for the plot yes... But i have lost big money in paying people to build it and fix it. this is bullshit tbh all this just because the mod who made the plot was lazy.

It have costed me easy 5 K for the buildings that now is getting evicted by goverment.

And im not the only that have been evicted. My dear friend Grinbear aslo got evicted on some plots. He aslo hierd people to build it, but now he lost it aswell.... :|


I fully agree with everything listed above and completely have your back, the HQ for our new company which has been designed, and was also going to be built has all been canceled because of this stupid eviction which makes no sense at all
Great designer
Working for Egor_terl
Hire me anytime!

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby Arakorni89 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:50 pm

What has happened here:

1. There was a region called Milehigh that was unregioned
2. Grinbear and skyfall region it again keeping the old buildings from Milehigh
3. LordRomias unregions the area as "it is less than 120 blocks from Nivalis"

Anybody with some sense of justice realises how wrong this is
Tough but fair
Networth: Who cares

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby ~Doodle » Sun May 12, 2019 11:29 pm

What I think has to be taken into consideration is the region was made to what the player though was ok and was also verified by the mod who completed the helpme. Going on about mods being yelled at with 15 helpmes to go is bullshit. There are almost 20 mods and there should be no way in hell there are those many helpmes and not enough staff. Either that or maybe they are inactive *hint hint*. Secondly, for someone to then unregion it and say too bad is directly against server rules. It has been a policy of staff that if there is a muck up, they will compensate to a good degree but all I've seen so far is a negative backlash against this person's topic.
Not everyone is rich and can afford to lose however many k's of land this was and I don't think the way staff have responded to the situation is anywhere near suitable. I think you guys should maybe reconsider what you said and make another reply.
Grinbear9 likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

[+] Cool Stuff
https://imgur.com/HBDRhwT
https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Image
Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby Cheerios32 » Mon May 13, 2019 5:18 am

~Doodle wrote:What I think has to be taken into consideration is the region was made to what the player though was ok and was also verified by the mod who completed the helpme. Going on about mods being yelled at with 15 helpmes to go is bullshit. There are almost 20 mods and there should be no way in hell there are those many helpmes and not enough staff. Either that or maybe they are inactive *hint hint*. Secondly, for someone to then unregion it and say too bad is directly against server rules. It has been a policy of staff that if there is a muck up, they will compensate to a good degree but all I've seen so far is a negative backlash against this person's topic.
Not everyone is rich and can afford to lose however many k's of land this was and I don't think the way staff have responded to the situation is anywhere near suitable. I think you guys should maybe reconsider what you said and make another reply.

Okay, here's a reply:

Firstly, this was nobody's sole responsibility. The rules state joint responsibility this rule: I.e if there's a mess up it is both parties who are at fault.

Secondly, while it I do not know the precise circumstances this happened in, it is likely there were other helpmes in the queue at the time, which does put time pressure on the mod doing the helpme.

Third quick point: once again, I don't know the exact circumstances here, but checking a 120 block radius around a region is quite a long job even with a high render distance. If you were playing on a low end laptop (say, one without a graphics card) then you couldn't put your render distance more than 8 or 9 chunks, which makes the job even longer and much harder.

Conclusion: Yes it's annoying when a mod messes up. It may very well have been me. Yes you lost the time building the area, which is a pain. However:
- you didn't lose any money
- If anything was stolen from the unregioned building, that's still theft and can be reported as such.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[me -> Console] nub
[Console -> me] shut up
[Console -> me] :(
------------------------------
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in


To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby Grinbear9 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:24 am

Cheerios32 wrote:
~Doodle wrote:What I think has to be taken into consideration is the region was made to what the player though was ok and was also verified by the mod who completed the helpme. Going on about mods being yelled at with 15 helpmes to go is bullshit. There are almost 20 mods and there should be no way in hell there are those many helpmes and not enough staff. Either that or maybe they are inactive *hint hint*. Secondly, for someone to then unregion it and say too bad is directly against server rules. It has been a policy of staff that if there is a muck up, they will compensate to a good degree but all I've seen so far is a negative backlash against this person's topic.
Not everyone is rich and can afford to lose however many k's of land this was and I don't think the way staff have responded to the situation is anywhere near suitable. I think you guys should maybe reconsider what you said and make another reply.

Okay, here's a reply:

Firstly, this was nobody's sole responsibility. The rules state joint responsibility this rule: I.e if there's a mess up it is both parties who are at fault.

Secondly, while it I do not know the precise circumstances this happened in, it is likely there were other helpmes in the queue at the time, which does put time pressure on the mod doing the helpme.

Third quick point: once again, I don't know the exact circumstances here, but checking a 120 block radius around a region is quite a long job even with a high render distance. If you were playing on a low end laptop (say, one without a graphics card) then you couldn't put your render distance more than 8 or 9 chunks, which makes the job even longer and much harder.

Conclusion: Yes it's annoying when a mod messes up. It may very well have been me. Yes you lost the time building the area, which is a pain. However:
- you didn't lose any money
- If anything was stolen from the unregioned building, that's still theft and can be reported as such.


THanks but once again,
the one who regioned the area for us was sloppy in the first place, they didnt check if a city was nearby. Romias regioned nearly all of hte regions for us, he had been here almost 10 times and couldve at least checked once, with this i think its his fault and by that its no wonder he's blaming us for this. We arent millionares like doodle said and even a little bit of compensation or ANY help would be awesome. Romias didnt offer any help with this, we really are not content with the way this has all happened.

1 the regions were not checked after doing helpme after helpme

2 THe regions were removed without any notification or payback
*Only AFTER i complained to romias about what happened he notified me and gave me my money back. How the fck can this happen? THis is ridiculous!

3 After complaining even more regions were removed and now finally w i t h payback.
* if omnieDD didnt tell me all of this i wouldnt have known this whole thing to this day. Dont you think this is outragious? Staff going so uncareful to work is insane.

4 And lastly LordRomias in this case didnt offer ANY help with moving or anything, we got compensation for hte lost land and 2 days to move out, yes 2 damn days. Literally the only one who was helpful in this case was Ashlynn_rose, shoutout to you because you gave me a free apartment. Ashlynn had nothing but literally nothing to do wiht hte case and helped me the best over all. After asking admins for help nothing went on either. its all really slow while i only have today left to pack my shit.

THe was this has gone is insane, if i was an admin i wouldnt have accepted the way romias dealt with the situation. Especially a full mod.

I hope i gave you enough information, if not, contact me please.

~Grin
Great designer
Working for Egor_terl
Hire me anytime!

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby LordRomias » Mon May 13, 2019 9:34 am

Grinbear9 wrote:After all the most amiss, unprofessional and sloppiest thing is that if OmnieDD didnt warn me about what has happened, i wouldnt have known untill this day. Staff and especially lordromias were so sloppy to not even NOTIFY WARN or say anything about it. this is NOT Done. Its just ridiculous how staff handled this situation. Regions have just been removed and havent been paid back. Only AFTER i complained to Lordromias, he began giving money back. How hard is it to just send a simple mail or message. NOt at all! this is ridiculous once again and i genuiently dont like the way the one who is responsible for htis has dealt with the situation. Its because i figured out that some things were not right or otherwise i wouldnt have my money back. THis has to go different hte next time, and i agree, rules are rules and every player has to restrict themselves to those rules, but the way these rules were being handled is not OK. We shouldve been compensated way more as skyfall says bcs we lost a lot of materials, work and money for jobs to get here, we are leaving our bases for something stupid we were busy all day packing our stuff and moving our storage all of our past and future has been flattened to the ground. Thanks for ruining our time on here. Ive been told by some people which names i wont say obviously that sometimes staff can be corrupt. sometimes they pick a favor and be nicer, give more compensation or jsut ''forget'' about the whole thing, this is insane! the one who told me this said that if they were in my situatoin, they wouldbe been compensated way more. This is not OK and this HAS to change. and thats it, i thank you all


First of all, you were aware of the issue on Saturday, not Sunday but decided that you would not be affected and were badgering me to make an exception. You seemed to have not read the rules and I linked you to these but had issue with the rules. The plots that were 60 to 120 blocks away some which were the largest have got protection for two days from Sunday midday and you were aware from the moment they were going to be removed. If there is a reasonable exception to be made for more time I am willing to hear this but there are not that many plots or people affected. More like 5 people, not 10 and only a handful of plots. You seem to imply that you were only compensated when asked. This was not the case. You were automatically given back the land value and had the regions rezoned to protect for two days. All these regions were active and players were compensated for land value. I am not aware of any additional compensation that can be given in these circumstances. A lot of these plots were being sold and rented as if a city and some of the owners ignored our warnings when we explained of the nearby city and that a decision would be made by staff, so I would argue more notice was actually given to those affected where the 2 days protection hasn’t been made. Sorry you feel this way but I don’t feel an exception should be made to the rules. Omniedd did approach the owner of Nivalis well in advance on behalf of all of you as the leader of your community as I advised him to do this. You were not given permission to have your regions remain there and subsequently these were removed. Still players continued to build and have areas sold and rented. In that instance there was a blatant disregard of the rules. I am aware the omnie is now setting up silver lake. I suggest you speak with him to see if your plots can be set up there. I am sure the community there would be willing to help and I am willing to help too. Can’t do much more I’m afraid.
CEO of Romco

Image

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby LordRomias » Mon May 13, 2019 9:50 am

Grinbear9 wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:
~Doodle wrote:What I think has to be taken into consideration is the region was made to what the player though was ok and was also verified by the mod who completed the helpme. Going on about mods being yelled at with 15 helpmes to go is bullshit. There are almost 20 mods and there should be no way in hell there are those many helpmes and not enough staff. Either that or maybe they are inactive *hint hint*. Secondly, for someone to then unregion it and say too bad is directly against server rules. It has been a policy of staff that if there is a muck up, they will compensate to a good degree but all I've seen so far is a negative backlash against this person's topic.
Not everyone is rich and can afford to lose however many k's of land this was and I don't think the way staff have responded to the situation is anywhere near suitable. I think you guys should maybe reconsider what you said and make another reply.

Okay, here's a reply:

Firstly, this was nobody's sole responsibility. The rules state joint responsibility this rule: I.e if there's a mess up it is both parties who are at fault.

Secondly, while it I do not know the precise circumstances this happened in, it is likely there were other helpmes in the queue at the time, which does put time pressure on the mod doing the helpme.

Third quick point: once again, I don't know the exact circumstances here, but checking a 120 block radius around a region is quite a long job even with a high render distance. If you were playing on a low end laptop (say, one without a graphics card) then you couldn't put your render distance more than 8 or 9 chunks, which makes the job even longer and much harder.

Conclusion: Yes it's annoying when a mod messes up. It may very well have been me. Yes you lost the time building the area, which is a pain. However:
- you didn't lose any money
- If anything was stolen from the unregioned building, that's still theft and can be reported as such.


THanks but once again,
the one who regioned the area for us was sloppy in the first place, they didnt check if a city was nearby. Romias regioned nearly all of hte regions for us, he had been here almost 10 times and couldve at least checked once, with this i think its his fault and by that its no wonder he's blaming us for this. We arent millionares like doodle said and even a little bit of compensation or ANY help would be awesome. Romias didnt offer any help with this, we really are not content with the way this has all happened.

1 the regions were not checked after doing helpme after helpme

2 THe regions were removed without any notification or payback
*Only AFTER i complained to romias about what happened he notified me and gave me my money back. How the fck can this happen? THis is ridiculous!

3 After complaining even more regions were removed and now finally w i t h payback.
* if omnieDD didnt tell me all of this i wouldnt have known this whole thing to this day. Dont you think this is outragious? Staff going so uncareful to work is insane.

4 And lastly LordRomias in this case didnt offer ANY help with moving or anything, we got compensation for hte lost land and 2 days to move out, yes 2 damn days. Literally the only one who was helpful in this case was Ashlynn_rose, shoutout to you because you gave me a free apartment. Ashlynn had nothing but literally nothing to do wiht hte case and helped me the best over all. After asking admins for help nothing went on either. its all really slow while i only have today left to pack my shit.

THe was this has gone is insane, if i was an admin i wouldnt have accepted the way romias dealt with the situation. Especially a full mod.

I hope i gave you enough information, if not, contact me please.

~Grin


Point 1) Sorry if this was the case but I would have checked and usually do. I wasn’t aware the small region of Nivalis was a historic city at the time with the couple of plots I regioned. I can see why every mod would have missed it. It is tiny. I also don’t check for cities on the second time of being there unless you region a bit further away.

Point 2) Totally not true as explained in my previous posts. All players compensated for land value automatically.

Point 3) You discussed this with me in advance of them being removed on Saturday. You then highlighted the additional plots affected which is why they were also removed and compensated and protected for two days. On a Sunday I was asked by staff to give you a couple of days to get your stuff together in this process due to the amount being affected.

Point 4) You never asked for help. Just for exceptions to be made and giving you opinion on the rules. If you do need help, please let me know.

The rules are there and if you want to throw fire at me then fine, I can take it but on your point that I regioned most of these plots - I actually didn’t. I only regioned a few and other mods also missed Nivalis. Apologies where that happened but again it is also your responsibility to check other regions as well. Just because other independent plots are there does not mean the 120 block rules does not apply.
CEO of Romco

Image

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby OmnieDD » Mon May 13, 2019 10:05 pm

I was the owner of the community. All the regions got deleted and I don't recall getting paid back.
I also was not able to region anything in that after the regions got deleted. Therefore I lost
all of my buildings, and they were left unregioned. I'm not blaming this on anyone, I just think
this is quite unacceptable.
Image

Mayor of Silver Lake since 05.20.19!

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby Cheerios32 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:27 am

OmnieDD wrote:I was the owner of the community. All the regions got deleted and I don't recall getting paid back.
I also was not able to region anything in that after the regions got deleted. Therefore I lost
all of my buildings, and they were left unregioned. I'm not blaming this on anyone, I just think
this is quite unacceptable.

I like to think you were repayed, just might've been while you were offline.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[me -> Console] nub
[Console -> me] shut up
[Console -> me] :(
------------------------------
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in


To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: Bad job by mods

Postby Amoni » Tue May 14, 2019 10:27 am

Sounds like gross negligence by Romais from what i’ve read. As a mod he’s given the ability to quickly fly and check neighbouring regions to check the legality of a region - to suggest that he missed it is more a reflection of his character than anything else.

Romais has a history of making rash decisions (Zil’s illegal ban), and this rash and negligent behaviour is visible in this situation. Staff are given powers to accurately carry out due diligence, yet he was too LAZY to sufficiently do so.

On a side note i’ve never been in a helpme que of more than like 3 people??? It’s complete bollocks that he couldn’t carry out the correct inspection because he had to rush off to other helpmes.
2 people like this post.
Image
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

PreviousNext