Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion General State of the Server.


General State of the Server.

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

General State of the Server.

Postby Kn3wn » Fri May 10, 2019 11:38 am

Hello all,

I'd like to start this by saying this is in no way intended to "bash" the staff, because I currently do believe that most of them are doing all that they can to improve the situation of the server. However, with that being said there is still a lot of work to be done in order to improve the server.

I'll begin with listing some of the topics that I see as a general issue that have a pretty basic fix, and delve deeper into less transparent issues later. At the bottom will be a TL:DR for all of you lazy things who dont care.

Staff-on-Player Communication
To begin with, this seems to be a emerging problem, that I cannot say I have seen before on this server. There is a general concern with a fairly sizable portion of the player base, that is bringing up their spin on issues and takes on solutions of those issues. However, it would seem that most of these topics that are posted on the forums are either A) Very Poorly worded, or B) Only contain a single response by a staff member defending the staff. Now there is nothing wrong about the staff, however at a time like this where the structure of the staff, from the top down, is a disaster, considering the time it takes for basic logistical issues such as Server Storage, and the completion of SERIOUS server issues, and I hate to use it as an example, however it does serve as such, the server being down. These issues should be accompanied by a form of open communication between the player base and the Staff. Not by single lined updates on a discord server that lack information most players are looking for.

The Size and experience of the Staff team.
There is a notable lack of experience among the Staff team. With five-six head Admins and a number of mods that I believe is somewhere between 11-15. However it would seem the experience of these members lies very top heavy among the administration. That being said, it should be a clear idea that moderation is to tackle day-to-day server problems, while an Administration team tackles larger server related issues. This cannot be done correctly with the numbers that there currently is. There is a few ways to tackle this problem, such as expanding the team by recruiting new members, which is not currently being done as frequently as it should be, and by bringing on outside help, which contains problems of its own.

The Absolute UNIT that is the technical staff
This is by no means the current staffs fault, however in a chain of very unfortunate circumstances, it has become their problem. I am not aware of any means to change the current works of the technical situation other than the administration "reaching out" to SK and Tedde about the problem. More than that has to be done, and I firmly believe that the player-base should be well informed about it, considering this is their server as well. If there is open communication (see how that ties in?) to the player base, along with a constant nagging on the staffs part, about the pure logistical mess that is the server technician spot, then a change is bound to come along sooner, with less hassle from the players.

The Economy
The Economy of the server is currently in a state of earning money through one of three means. Mining, which usually ends up being a grind-fest that most players happen to not enjoy. Government Jobs, which is a great SHORT LENGTH solution, however if that is carried on long enough, it turns into the Government competing with the player-led market for space, and often killing out the smaller business ambitions that help a market thrive in the aspect of new-players creating a market for themselves. Cities/LandLords, this is a means that can only usually be achieved after hours of sitting idly by and mining cobble, or working one of the countless government jobs for multiple hours. That is not a wide enough spectrum of interesting/captivating thoughts to attract new players. In the long run, that is what attracts new players, how many ways there are to play the game. A server which advertises a pure economy ran by the player base, seems contradicting to the current state of the server, which is a limited way to grind for cash and only earn enough to maybe build an apartment that has fairly poor odds to do well considering the fact that most affordable plots are not ideal for such business ventures. It creates a loop where people are forced to Invent something, which is not an easy task to do, or to just straight up buy forsals from the store.

In Conclusion, this topic is intended for further discussion from both the players and staff, to either build off of what I have said, or present new ideas in a fashion that doesn't cause a flame war. This IS NOT the place to bash the staff, or the server. Keep it civil please.

TL:DR -
Staff Communication is Key, without it the server completes a fraction of its capabilities. Technicians need to be either outsourced or there needs to be actual progress with communications to Tedde/SK, creating an active part of the server that is integral to its functioning. Economy, currently sucks, lots of work to be done but lack the proper amount of staff to do that work.
5 people like this post.

Re: General State of the Server.

Postby Cheerios32 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:50 pm

With the technical updates, what more do you want us to say other than "we're trying to contact them but have nothing"? There's nothing else to say.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Staff since 10th February 2018.

[+] How to treat your elders
[me -> Console] nub
[Console -> me] shut up
[Console -> me] :(
------------------------------
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: what yall doing
[HelpOp] Senior-Mod ~FrostedWheetos: bullying spart
[HelpOp] Mod ZacTheMan1 [TNT]: im in


To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: General State of the Server.

Postby ViHQ » Fri May 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:With the technical updates, what more do you want us to say other than "we're trying to contact them but have nothing"? There's nothing else to say.



That's a super piss poor attitude to have. Freshblood can contact Tedde I'm fairly sure. If the server can't function without them , then just fucking shut it down. This whole situation is way bigger than it needs to be.
Dylad likes this post.
Owner/Ceo of Gridlock Incorporated.
Proud Knight of the Kingdom of Haven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since 2014, message me on here or ingame, or on my discord anytime.

Re: General State of the Server.

Postby ~Doodle » Fri May 10, 2019 3:19 pm

ViHQ wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:With the technical updates, what more do you want us to say other than "we're trying to contact them but have nothing"? There's nothing else to say.



That's a super piss poor attitude to have. Freshblood can contact Tedde I'm fairly sure. If the server can't function without them , then just fucking shut it down. This whole situation is way bigger than it needs to be.


Another thing to add, when I was running the HM Instagram, Teddie was at literally 24 hours response time and if you make sure you start the message with a serious line, he will actually respond to the notification he gets xD. This "we cannot contact Teddie" stuff is getting out of hand when I, a normal player had the ability to talk to him any time I wanted.
3 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

"The army might be the safest job apart from getting shot at." - Doodle 2k19

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Image

Image

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Re: General State of the Server.

Postby UnboxingGold » Fri May 10, 2019 4:29 pm

ViHQ wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:With the technical updates, what more do you want us to say other than "we're trying to contact them but have nothing"? There's nothing else to say.



That's a super piss poor attitude to have. Freshblood can contact Tedde I'm fairly sure. If the server can't function without them , then just fucking shut it down. This whole situation is way bigger than it needs to be.


Lmao Piss poor attitude what else do you want cheerios to say. Aint sugar coating anything and telling it how it is which i respect. they need to be on for this to get fixed and if freshblood can contact tedde im "pretty" sure they would of. At this point you either wait it out or leave. I love how people do nothing but complain about the same exact thing over and over and over again but yet still log on and play if you dont like the server you have the right to voice your concerns but if nothing gets fixed or if you are not happy with the results you are more then welcome to leave simple as that

Re: General State of the Server.

Postby ViHQ » Fri May 10, 2019 4:45 pm

UnboxingGold wrote:
ViHQ wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:With the technical updates, what more do you want us to say other than "we're trying to contact them but have nothing"? There's nothing else to say.



That's a super piss poor attitude to have. Freshblood can contact Tedde I'm fairly sure. If the server can't function without them , then just fucking shut it down. This whole situation is way bigger than it needs to be.


Lmao Piss poor attitude what else do you want cheerios to say. Aint sugar coating anything and telling it how it is which i respect. they need to be on for this to get fixed and if freshblood can contact tedde im "pretty" sure they would of. At this point you either wait it out or leave. I love how people do nothing but complain about the same exact thing over and over and over again but yet still log on and play if you dont like the server you have the right to voice your concerns but if nothing gets fixed or if you are not happy with the results you are more then welcome to leave simple as that


Actually, I know for a fact that Freshblood is able to contact him. He told me himself many months ago when we were having this exact conversation. I don't know or really care if you've noticed, but I don't play anymore. It's not worth it. The community has gone to shit, the forums are falling apart, etc. Maybe if something got done, players wouldn't be stuck making the same topic every few months.
Owner/Ceo of Gridlock Incorporated.
Proud Knight of the Kingdom of Haven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member since 2014, message me on here or ingame, or on my discord anytime.

Re: General State of the Server.

Postby Kn3wn » Fri May 10, 2019 5:34 pm

UnboxingGold wrote:
ViHQ wrote:
Cheerios32 wrote:With the technical updates, what more do you want us to say other than "we're trying to contact them but have nothing"? There's nothing else to say.



That's a super piss poor attitude to have. Freshblood can contact Tedde I'm fairly sure. If the server can't function without them , then just fucking shut it down. This whole situation is way bigger than it needs to be.


Lmao Piss poor attitude what else do you want cheerios to say. Aint sugar coating anything and telling it how it is which i respect. they need to be on for this to get fixed and if freshblood can contact tedde im "pretty" sure they would of. At this point you either wait it out or leave. I love how people do nothing but complain about the same exact thing over and over and over again but yet still log on and play if you dont like the server you have the right to voice your concerns but if nothing gets fixed or if you are not happy with the results you are more then welcome to leave simple as that


I love how people do nothing but complain about the same exact thing over and over and over again but yet still log on and play if you dont like the server you have the right to voice your concerns but if nothing gets fixed or if you are not happy with the results you are more then welcome to leave simple as that


Yeah that's part of the problem, all I am trying to do is just open more of a dialogue between the Staff and the Player-base. I think if enough players are complaining about the same thing "over and over" then it has become a problem that requires more attention, wouldn't you think? I understand where you're coming from, however addressing problems with simply telling someone "if you don't like it then just leave", and then rinse and repeat x100 eventually causes real issues that stem to a lack of players. Creating even more issues with the server.

With the technical updates, what more do you want us to say other than "we're trying to contact them but have nothing"? There's nothing else to say.


There's actually a lot more that could be said. At what means are you attempting to contact them? In the past have you attempted to contact them through these frequencies? If so, at what rate of success are you achieving contact with them? If you do reach out to them, what exactly would be said? It would be hard to just slap him across the face with all issues at once, so in which order do you plan to bring up the existing problems on the server? It can go on, and on.

This whole situation is way bigger than it needs to be.


I would have to agree, however this is due to a list of problems that I tried to mention in my topic, I will admit it isn't exactly legal writing however it was an attempt to bring up an open conversation from the players to staff to solve unanswered questions.

Re: General State of the Server.

Postby UnboxingGold » Fri May 10, 2019 7:44 pm

Yea tbh know that you say that i do agree with you both they should at least talking to us and fresh should be addressing that to but oh well at the end of the day we vote with our time if they want this server to survive they need to fix it or we just dont long on anymore
ViHQ likes this post.

Re: General State of the Server.

Postby Sweg » Sat May 11, 2019 1:46 am

tldr:
In the nicest way possible this server looks like it’s going down to the shit hole unless something changes

I love this place but fix it
3 people like this post.
Sweggy__
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Old Forum name: SBS-=-=-=-=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Networth: 450k-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-Co-Owner of: AIS-=-=-=-=

Re: General State of the Server.

Postby Gerhard » Sun May 12, 2019 1:03 am

Cheerios32 wrote:With the technical updates, what more do you want us to say other than "we're trying to contact them but have nothing"? There's nothing else to say.


This server has gone down the shit hole since SK went MIA. If y'all cannot upkeep the server, shut it down, otherwise quit being a bunch of lazy asses and actually do something about it instead of telling everyone you "cannot get in contact with SK or Tedde", when that is not true as you can get ahold of one of the two as easy as anyone else can.
Historic Advisor of HelloClan City
Volunteer Firefighter - Goose Creek Rural Fire Dept.
Trident Amateur Radio Club Member
Image
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Let no man's ghost return to say his training let him down.

Next