Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion What are we doing?

What are we doing?

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

What are we doing?

Postby soccerboy61 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:57 am

So it has come to my attention today that we have gotten rid of fish farms. I don't really see why we did this but ok whatever. Another way for staff members to control our income and make the game just boring as shit... BUT GUESS WHAT you can still sit afk at your stone gen! But it has me really thinking... what are we doing right now with the economy of this server. We have gotten rid of every source of income and guess what! The player base is only going lower!!!!! We are succeeding with our goals of closing the server by 2021! At this rate we might even achieve that sooner! No mob grinding. No selling ores. No fun. No fishing. The only thing left to do is sit here and mine cobble. Like lets be real here why would I play a server that the staff kill every source of income and they don't even play. We have spart who got rid of gold and iron admin chest and you barely see him on. Like honestly it kills me watching the idiotic decisions right now. If we could stop being degenerates and make decisions as a COMMUNITY itd be fucking amazing.

-Soc

Re: What are we doing?

Postby OmnieDD » Thu May 09, 2019 12:58 am

Wow this is, interesting

Mayor of Silver Lake since 05.20.19!

Postby ~Baz » Thu May 09, 2019 1:09 am

agreed,
staff is looking at these problems as an experienced player, not a new player. Making money as a new player is much more difficult than fun. I believe money should be more easily obtained as a new player, the government helps with non of this. The server itself tells the new player to hope that someone online has a job or apartment, and if not they should leave.

Postby SpartanPride7 » Thu May 09, 2019 1:56 am

No fishing? Sorry, when are you not able to fish? If you're sitting at one of these AFK fishing farms, then the fishing plugin will block you from receiving custom fish after you obtained five from that source block. Fishing anywhere else has not changed. It only affects those who fish from one source block more than 5 times. If fishing in an ocean or a lake, that will not happen.

~Baz wrote:agreed,
staff is looking at these problems as an experienced player, not a new player. Making money as a new player is much more difficult than fun. I believe money should be more easily obtained as a new player, the government helps with non of this. The server itself tells the new player to hope that someone online has a job or apartment, and if not they should leave.

New players fish just fine. This very minor change will not affect them at all unless they choose to use an AFK fisher.

HelloMiners Staff Member since March, 2016. (minus a little break near the middle ;) )

Postby soccerboy61 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 am

SpartanPride7 wrote:No fishing? Sorry, when are you not able to fish? If you're sitting at one of these AFK fishing farms, then the fishing plugin will block you from receiving custom fish after you obtained five from that source block. Fishing anywhere else has not changed. It only affects those who fish from one source block more than 5 times. If fishing in an ocean or a lake, that will not happen.

New players fish just fine. This very minor change will not affect them at all unless they choose to use an AFK fisher.

OMG SPART your changes are working! We are gaining players exponentially! At this rate we might get just over 10 players!

Postby soccerboy61 » Thu May 09, 2019 2:15 am

soccerboy61 wrote:
SpartanPride7 wrote:No fishing? Sorry, when are you not able to fish? If you're sitting at one of these AFK fishing farms, then the fishing plugin will block you from receiving custom fish after you obtained five from that source block. Fishing anywhere else has not changed. It only affects those who fish from one source block more than 5 times. If fishing in an ocean or a lake, that will not happen.

OMG SPART your changes are working! We are gaining players exponentially! At this rate we might get just over 10 players!

You guys are just doing what we ask and everything! Like it really shows with our player base! Cities thriving! New players staying! Everything that was going wrong 6 months ago is all fixed because of the recent changes! Not the opposite in any way! Great job spart!