Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

[Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

Postby ~ADR » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:20 am

i find it funny that the only people who say no to having the chat mods removed are chat mods (and 1 server admin)
4 people like this post.
Avara City Approved since 12/13/2018 Image
Banned until 5/19/2019. Unbanned :D
-Net-worth F250000.

Postby Lin » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:47 am

Not a chat mod <3
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312

Postby ~ADR » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:51 am

you were
Tunnel likes this post.
-Net-worth F250000.

Postby Lin » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Damn right I was, what's your point.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312

Postby ~ADR » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:30 pm

that all the people who replied that they should stay are discord mods or ex mods now
-Net-worth F250000.

Postby Amoni » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:46 pm

What gets me is that chat mods aren’t proper mods on the server, if we’re going to have chat mods then delegate the role to our already trusted server staff. Other than that get rid of them completely and install a Dyno bot as dod’s suggested.
3 people like this post.
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

Postby ~Satan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:11 pm

I don't see the need for the removal of chat mods. The Government server is rather huge and bots don't always catch everything

Especially with the likes of Forsals/Nova in the past I think it's important to have more people moderate chat and keep things clean.

HM mods shouldn't have to bother with little children bitching on discord they have more important things to do. Also keep in mind that no one stands above the rules, if you see a chat mod being unjust, take screenshots and inform a mod / admin. To me it seems that most of those in favor of removing the chat mods are mainly the ones who behave like little children and they are the exact reason we need to keep chat mods if not increase the amount of chat mods.
Domination LT likes this post.
Player since August 2016 & Player-Helper
Proud District Manager and Citizen of Paradise Hills
Chief Marketing Officer of HMSCM
Founder & CEO of Demonic Spirit Brewing Company

Creator of https://HMGuide.info

Postby ~Doodle » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:59 pm

~Satan wrote:I don't see the need for the removal of chat mods. The Government server is rather huge and bots don't always catch everything

Especially with the likes of Forsals/Nova in the past I think it's important to have more people moderate chat and keep things clean.

HM mods shouldn't have to bother with little children bitching on discord they have more important things to do. Also keep in mind that no one stands above the rules, if you see a chat mod being unjust, take screenshots and inform a mod / admin. To me it seems that most of those in favor of removing the chat mods are mainly the ones who behave like little children and they are the exact reason we need to keep chat mods if not increase the amount of chat mods.

This is what I did. I think chat mods should only be given that role if they were to be considered for a staff member. This stops any abuse/unjust behaviours occuring and allows for staff to have a better grasp on the way the chat managers react.
3 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby ~NCR » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:54 pm

The removal of chat mods aren’t nessicary or it would cause rule breakers to continue and break the rules on the discord. Most of the mods don’t enforce the rules of the discord (this didn’t happen before we had our position too), and it would be like that if we didn’t have our position. People in this topic are saying that there has been abuse of the position, there hasn’t been an abuse since the position’s creation. Also, bots wouldn’t catch all of the people who break the rules, it is very hard to detect when someone is having a conversation in suggestions, being rude to someone in general, etc. Based on my time as discord chat manager, it would be of best interest to keep the position of chat manager.
Domination LT likes this post.
Co-owner of Rapid4, come shop with us!
/warp rc
Walk straight
2nd plot on the left

Postby ~Doodle » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 pm

~NCR wrote:The removal of chat mods aren’t nessicary or it would cause rule breakers to continue and break the rules on the discord. Most of the mods don’t enforce the rules of the discord (this didn’t happen before we had our position too), and it would be like that if we didn’t have our position. People in this topic are saying that there has been abuse of the position, there hasn’t been an abuse since the position’s creation. Also, bots wouldn’t catch all of the people who break the rules, it is very hard to detect when someone is having a conversation in suggestions, being rude to someone in general, etc. Based on my time as discord chat manager, it would be of best interest to keep the position of chat manager.

The fact of there being no abuse of those positions is still under investigation by staff.
Tunnel likes this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

PreviousNext