Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.


[Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

Postby Domination LT » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:10 pm

Bots can't catch things like we can... people exposing staff leaks, people threatening the server... bots are limited when it comes to moderation, and ADR the reason the chat mods are saying it's important to keep the job is because we realize how important it is, you dont spend as much time on that discord and you dont witness half of what's going on, but we do and without us there'd be problems... id also like to point out how everyone was fine with us until this whole doodle thing, if you dont believe Lin was cut out for the job that's fine and just bcz you think lin may not have been a good chat mod doesnt mean anyone that is considered for server staff is a good pick either, sometimes staff's judgment is off or people are good at hiding who they truly are.
Founder and Regulator of the Transportation Dept
Founder and CEO of Vilnius International
Owner of the City of Trakai
City Tier Evaluator
On the Executive Council for The Kingdom of Haven
Founder and Commissioner of the BBE

Contact me at: dominationlt@gmail.com

"If you want to make a difference.... don't spam the chat :/ "
~DominationLT 2018

Re: [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

Postby Chrono » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:21 pm

The one thing that really bothers me about chat mods is how fricking unprofessional they are.
They feel empowered with their perms, have no respect towards actual government employees (that are not staff) and just make the discord look messy by having no system or structure on how to manage things like announcements in #announcements. Like look at it! It’s disgusting.
I have previously asked for improvement on the previous points but the lack of respect is just astonishing.
Assign mods to specialized tasks like back in the days! Some do reports, some do suggestions, some do the discord!
5 people like this post.
Used to be known as c_or_789
Official Government Events & Quests Staff

Re: [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

Postby Domination LT » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:26 pm

Chrono wrote:The one thing that really bothers me about chat mods is how fricking unprofessional they are.
They feel empowered with their perms, have no respect towards actual government employees (that are not staff) and just make the discord look messy by having no system or structure on how to manage things like announcements in #announcements. Like look at it! It’s disgusting.
I have previously asked for improvement on the previous points but the lack of respect is just astonishing.
Assign mods to specialized tasks like back in the days! Some do reports, some do suggestions, some do the discord!


We do our jobs.... when someone does something wrong they are warned and punishments are given... I'm also s deptartment staff member and I dont recall disrespecting any dept members. The only 2 announcements I've made in #announcements while they may not hahavhahave looked nice were made while I was trying to deal with players who were purposely ignoring me and staff who were discussing staff leaks, looks doesnt really matter as long as you understood what I was trying to say then the announcement is fine. I've also never heard a request at all from you so you can't say we've ignored you... if you have a problem like this with a single chat mod talk to another one and we'll sort things out, I don't believe it's fair to blame all of us for one or two people's behaviour
Founder and Regulator of the Transportation Dept
Founder and CEO of Vilnius International
Owner of the City of Trakai
City Tier Evaluator
On the Executive Council for The Kingdom of Haven
Founder and Commissioner of the BBE

Contact me at: dominationlt@gmail.com

"If you want to make a difference.... don't spam the chat :/ "
~DominationLT 2018

Re: [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

Postby Chrono » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:23 am

Domination LT wrote:
Chrono wrote:The one thing that really bothers me about chat mods is how fricking unprofessional they are.
They feel empowered with their perms, have no respect towards actual government employees (that are not staff) and just make the discord look messy by having no system or structure on how to manage things like announcements in #announcements. Like look at it! It’s disgusting.
I have previously asked for improvement on the previous points but the lack of respect is just astonishing.
Assign mods to specialized tasks like back in the days! Some do reports, some do suggestions, some do the discord!


We do our jobs.... when someone does something wrong they are warned and punishments are given... I'm also s deptartment staff member and I dont recall disrespecting any dept members. The only 2 announcements I've made in #announcements while they may not hahavhahave looked nice were made while I was trying to deal with players who were purposely ignoring me and staff who were discussing staff leaks, looks doesnt really matter as long as you understood what I was trying to say then the announcement is fine. I've also never heard a request at all from you so you can't say we've ignored you... if you have a problem like this with a single chat mod talk to another one and we'll sort things out, I don't believe it's fair to blame all of us for one or two people's behaviour

Yeah, my bad, I forgot to say that it’s not all of the chat mods, but I still believe we’d be better off without them...
About the request of improvement, I pinged chat mods twice in a channel without success.
Used to be known as c_or_789
Official Government Events & Quests Staff

Re: [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

Postby Domination LT » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:24 am

Chrono wrote:
Domination LT wrote:
Chrono wrote:The one thing that really bothers me about chat mods is how fricking unprofessional they are.
They feel empowered with their perms, have no respect towards actual government employees (that are not staff) and just make the discord look messy by having no system or structure on how to manage things like announcements in #announcements. Like look at it! It’s disgusting.
I have previously asked for improvement on the previous points but the lack of respect is just astonishing.
Assign mods to specialized tasks like back in the days! Some do reports, some do suggestions, some do the discord!


We do our jobs.... when someone does something wrong they are warned and punishments are given... I'm also s deptartment staff member and I dont recall disrespecting any dept members. The only 2 announcements I've made in #announcements while they may not hahavhahave looked nice were made while I was trying to deal with players who were purposely ignoring me and staff who were discussing staff leaks, looks doesnt really matter as long as you understood what I was trying to say then the announcement is fine. I've also never heard a request at all from you so you can't say we've ignored you... if you have a problem like this with a single chat mod talk to another one and we'll sort things out, I don't believe it's fair to blame all of us for one or two people's behaviour

Yeah, my bad, I forgot to say that it’s not all of the chat mods, but I still believe we’d be better off without them...
About the request of improvement, I pinged chat mods twice in a channel without success.

It may been before I was one then
Founder and Regulator of the Transportation Dept
Founder and CEO of Vilnius International
Owner of the City of Trakai
City Tier Evaluator
On the Executive Council for The Kingdom of Haven
Founder and Commissioner of the BBE

Contact me at: dominationlt@gmail.com

"If you want to make a difference.... don't spam the chat :/ "
~DominationLT 2018

Previous