Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

[Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

[Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

Postby ~Bloom » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi everyone this is a discussion based on my suggestion to remove the chat mods (players that aren’t members of staff)
[url]
viewtopic.php?f=299&t=34351
[/url]
3 people like this post.

CEO of WonderWorld Parks & Resorts. Hellominers Largest Theme Park Project

Check out our forum topic!
https://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=34296

Networth 5.4 Million

Re: [Discussion] Remove Chat-Mods from server discord.

Postby ~ADR » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:39 pm

omfg yes good god
Avara City Approved since 12/13/2018 Image
Banned until 5/19/2019. Unbanned :D
-Net-worth F250000.

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:42 pm

I disagree fully on removing chat mods from the discord. They are highly needed, because like the unofficial discord, acutal server staff dont really do much in the way of moderating chat. Plus it would just add another responsibility that staff would need to worry about. The biggest issue seems to be that a select few dont wish to follow the rules listed in the discord and throw a tantrum when they are enforced, they also seem to be the ones who cause trouble on the server as well. It shouldnt take an admin stepping in to make people stop and listen to both chat mods and HM mods.

Postby ~Doodle » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:17 pm

DR_StevenStrange wrote:I disagree fully on removing chat mods from the discord. They are highly needed, because like the unofficial discord, acutal server staff dont really do much in the way of moderating chat. Plus it would just add another responsibility that staff would need to worry about. The biggest issue seems to be that a select few dont wish to follow the rules listed in the discord and throw a tantrum when they are enforced, they also seem to be the ones who cause trouble on the server as well. It shouldnt take an admin stepping in to make people stop and listen to both chat mods and HM mods.

It becomes a problem when players who would not be considered for server staff are given positions of power which can be used to their advantage.
2 people like this post.
"When ever i find the Key to success, someone always changes the lock." - Doodle2k17

"I would be enjoying my holiday right now, but I'm to lazy to sleep" - Doodle2k18

https://imgur.com/EHjyQ8T

Founder of Cape Coral!

Battle Palace Manager/Developer

Member since somewhere in the early months of 2015!

Postby Dylad » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:30 pm

#BlameSamantha
~Doodle likes this post.
--------------------------------------------------------------
300k Networth
2 Years
OQIL Commissioner
Not in our OQIL discord server? This is where all primary functions of the league happen! Please join at https://discord.gg/TwDvZxq

Postby StickMan » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:31 pm

While I do somewhat agree, the main staff members themselves don’t actually moderate the discord, or are actually online on the discord server. While some recent events have shown that some selections haven’t been the best, that shouldn’t offset the clear need to have dedicated discord server moderators. Many times has there been disobedience and kick/ban-worthy behavior before chat moderators were added, but there were not really any people stopping it. If anything, I believe the discord moderators’ jobs could use some improvement and trial-and-error reform. Also, don’t forget that both the role is still relatively new and it’s a role that’s applied for, unlike Minecraft server staff.
2 people like this post.
Hey y'all its ur favorite husky :)
here since April 2016

If you would like to keep up with me, discord: Husky#1105

"I shove my love in your eye, This queen bee is ready to die. You'll need someone holier than Moses, Mary won't cut it this time." - MXMS

Postby Domination LT » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:10 pm

I disagree for a few reasons, our treatment and actions during the whole doodle thing were because of how we were treated, between server staff and doodle and players we were losing our marbles... in every other situation we managed to solve conflicts and distribute punishments as necessary, i also dont belive that most peoppe understood the full situation that occurred between doodle and the chat mods, so i find it unfair that you want to dismiss our job and remove us because of what you just happened to read... no one is perfect, and we all make mistakes... if you truly want us removed then tell people to behave on discord :)
Somfic likes this post.
Founder and Regulator of the Transportation Dept
Founder and CEO of Vilnius International
Owner of the City of Trakai
City Tier Evaluator
On the Executive Council for The Kingdom of Haven
Founder and Commissioner of the BBE

Contact me at: dominationlt@gmail.com

"If you want to make a difference.... don't spam the chat :/ "
~DominationLT 2018

Postby d0dleysvrz » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:28 am

Why would you need chat mods.

Just install a friggin bot like Dyno or yagpdb to do it for you.

I run a 100+ player discord and i have NEVER EVER had to do anything about moderation due to chat filters, autowarnings and spam blockers.

Why choose the hard way if you can make it so easy for yourself...
Last edited by d0dleysvrz on Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 people like this post.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Postby d0dleysvrz » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:32 am

~Malamute wrote:While I do somewhat agree, the main staff members themselves don’t actually moderate the discord, or are actually online on the discord server. While some recent events have shown that some selections haven’t been the best, that shouldn’t offset the clear need to have dedicated discord server moderators. Many times has there been disobedience and kick/ban-worthy behavior before chat moderators were added, but there were not really any people stopping it. If anything, I believe the discord moderators’ jobs could use some improvement and trial-and-error reform. Also, don’t forget that both the role is still relatively new and it’s a role that’s applied for, unlike Minecraft server staff.

Also this shows a point on where it goes quite wrong...

They are able to apply for a chat moderator function? How ridiclous is that.

Aren’t there any real moderators in the discord than can do it all together?

Last time i saw the staff team wasn’t quite small so i don’t see how these tasks also might be “too much” for the team. As it literally consists of 20+ active players.
Doods/D0d/Nub - ~Itsd0dley
HM Veteran - Playing since 2012
Well known master Architect & Builder

Founder and Owner of DOME Inc. and Dome city
Click here for more info

Net. Worth: 1,686,612.85F

Multiple times award winner of the YLE awards and government architecture competition.

Postby Lin » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:58 am

It's not as easy as it seems. Yes, you might have a server with 100+ members but there is way too much malice on the Government Discord to be dealt with by simple bots.
If I cannot move the Gods, I will stir up Hell.
– Virgil, Aeneid, VII. 312

Next