Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Rant about the New VC Mall

Rant about the New VC Mall

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Rant about the New VC Mall

Postby Vanished » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:32 am

The new VC mall being constructed will be a problem to VC.

#1. The new mall will be hard to navigate; thus the new mall will not help to attract more visitors to the city. The old fair was easy to navigate and find items. The new mall will cause frustrations and ruin VC's appeal.

#2. The new mall ruins the skyline of VC and blocks the view of the surrounding buildings. The new mall takes up a lot of view. You can't see the surrounding buildings when you spawn. Seeing those buildings was a nice site to see when spawning into the city. The old view also encouraged players to visit the surrounding buildings since they could see them.

#3. The new mall makes VC feel unapproachable and crowded. The building is a giant box from street to street. It crowds the city center. The building is also depressing since it makes the city center so dark. There is no more light. The old fair was open. The old fair felt friendly and approachable. VC felt happy with the old fair. Now, VC feels like a prison with this new building.

I hate this new building. It will ruin the city. I love VC. It has been my favorite city. The building is fancy, no doubt. But the building's fanciness is not a reason to keep building it if the new building will make VC less approachable.

Take this building down.
5 people like this post.

Re: Rant about the New VC Mall

Postby Felipe98_ » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:50 am

Rip fair, it has been great :(
3 people like this post.
Owner of Montego Bay city! :D
Montego Bay City: http://www.tinyurl.com/MBayCity
Properties for Sale: http://www.tinyurl.com/FelSell
98Housing Company: http://www.tinyurl.com/98Housing

<Mod ~KingFelope> *stares in portuguese*
<Mod~QueenJen> *stares in english*
Former HelloMiners Staffer
Former King of Montego Bay

Postby CoolPaisie101 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:06 am

the new mall is gonna be 20x better than the fair because it will have active good shops for once, it will not be full of inactive stalls, and it will be like a vc landmark cause its so big and bootiful ;)
Luxury Corporation TM
first location opened in 2014/2015
officially est. 2016

Postby Vanished » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:10 am

CoolPaisie101 wrote:the new mall is gonna be 20x better than the fair because it will have active good shops for once, it will not be full of inactive stalls, and it will be like a vc landmark cause its so big and bootiful ;)

Look at the VC Shopping Center next door. The 2nd and higher floors are barely rented on a consistent basis. 3rd floor and above are practically always vacant. The new mall won't be different. It will be worse because the new mall is harder to navigate than the shopping center next door is.
2 people like this post.

Postby Stlrsfan4 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:24 am

Block_Banker wrote:
CoolPaisie101 wrote:the new mall is gonna be 20x better than the fair because it will have active good shops for once, it will not be full of inactive stalls, and it will be like a vc landmark cause its so big and bootiful ;)

Look at the VC Shopping Center next door. The 2nd and higher floors are barely rented on a consistent basis. 3rd floor and above are practically always vacant. The new mall won't be different. It will be worse because the new mall is harder to navigate than the shopping center next door is.

There were also instances of people making 20k+ in their first week of owning a shop, so obviously they worked
Stlrsfan4
CEO and Co-Founder of Citadel Infrastructure Co.
"The sky's not the limit when there are footprints on the moon"
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

Postby nullingovh » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:39 am

Honestly I feel the stalls were very iconic and if this fails then the stalls should come back.
4 people like this post.
Image Image

Postby ~Arctic » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:11 am

#BringBackTheStalls
<Mypuppyrue> reyt nice they ar
<~Arctic> aye
<Mypuppyrue> i dint ask ow u was
<~Arctic> them reilways ar reyt nice ar they
<Mypuppyrue> they are
<~Arctic> yeh get whattamean?
<Mypuppyrue> i get whatyamean
<~Arctic> ah gud
<Mypuppyrue> do tha lot get what us mean
<Trial-Mod ~Ash> my brain hurts

Postby MyNameIsSakura » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:41 am

I truly don't understand why anotare VC mall has been built. Wasn't 2 enough? The 2 on their own aren't doing so well and are very inactive so why make another one. Stalls were doing great and us what made vc active. Not pleased with this idea and fear a bad future for vc. Vc mayors should have asked public opinion about this...
Sakura the pink nose reindeer
City Department Staff

Postby Amoni » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:16 pm

So i need to clarify this isn’t a ‘mall’ per say. The new building will be split into 6 INDIVIDUAL shops spread across the multiple floors, with entrances at street level. Meaning that players who buy the individual shop at auction will be able to create first-row megastores, which they previously couldn’t due to the extortionate prices for front rows in RC and C.

The economy has shown a need for more these sort of megastores in VC: 1) there has been an increase in the private seller/supplier, meaning that these individuals need a place to sell their goods, but due to them being single business entities they are unable to afford spending 300k+ on a front row in RC or C.
2) VC auctions have shown a great interest in front row plots for retail purposes (reaching prices north of a million forsals on multiple occasions). However due to the legal nature of these plots, we can’t evict them. As a result this is a great opportunity to create new front rows for commercial purposes, as the demand is clearly there.

I ask that you give the idea a chance. The VC stalls were unique to the city, however from doing evictions i know they weren’t used as much as some of you want to believe. They weren’t being stocked at all (i managed to evict 8 in one go!), therefore we needed to revitalise the commercial industry in VC. The building itssef is a unique idea, and will add personality to the city as the building is warm and inviting.

Give it a chance bois, it’s not even built yet!!
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

Postby ~Bloom » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:40 pm

I agree with this, you used to feel like vc had some space around it, but now there is just a block in the middle of it ruining the view and feel to the city -.-

CEO of WonderWorld Parks & Resorts. Hellominers Largest Theme Park Project

Check out our forum topic!
https://www.hellominers.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=34296

Networth 5.4 Million

Next