Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion How Long Does it Take to walk across HM Map

How Long Does it Take to walk across HM Map

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

How Long Does it Take to walk across HM Map

Postby pascalek27 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:34 pm

So today I decided to do a little experiment I wanted to see how long it would take me to walk across HM from one border to another but before I reveal the results let me tell you this was no easy task because I had no aid from elytra and only slight aid from a boat i also fell off the map once but i was close enough to a city to just teleport there and not have any major effect on my time anyway the results. The entire journey took me 56 minutes and 59 seconds which to me is quite astounding and really shows why vehicles can help the server (granted we mostly use tunnels but tunnels are really boring and you don't get to see nature) anyway hope you found this intriguing by the way ill be doing the exact same thing when vehicles come out however with 3 other people (top gear style)
Owner of Pasid Industries
IGN: pascalek27_Gah

Estimated Networth 80,000

Re: How Long Does it Take to walk across HM Map

Postby Ozapenguin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:53 pm

I have a double nether spawner in the nether 3k blocks out and it took me an hour and a half walking with almost no food in my health bar. I was 1/4 through the way but didn't decide to get food, this was before the days of /ah. It was a long and dangerous trip. :)

[Trial-Mod] since November 13, 2018

Postby pascalek27 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Ozapenguin wrote:I have a double nether spawner in the nether 3k blocks out and it took me an hour and a half walking with almost no food in my health bar. I was 1/4 through the way but didn't decide to get food, this was before the days of /ah. It was a long and dangerous trip. :)

Ah remember those days i always remembered to pack before journeys because if you didn't you better hope there's an animal around somewhere
Owner of Pasid Industries
IGN: pascalek27_Gah

Estimated Networth 80,000

Postby captain_2ds » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:16 pm

pascalek27 wrote:So today I decided to do a little experiment I wanted to see how long it would take me to walk across HM from one border to another but before I reveal the results let me tell you this was no easy task because I had no aid from elytra and only slight aid from a boat i also fell off the map once but i was close enough to a city to just teleport there and not have any major effect on my time anyway the results. The entire journey took me 56 minutes and 59 seconds which to me is quite astounding and really shows why vehicles can help the server (granted we mostly use tunnels but tunnels are really boring and you don't get to see nature) anyway hope you found this intriguing by the way ill be doing the exact same thing when vehicles come out however with 3 other people (top gear style)

Really cool. I think the server map is around 20,000 blocks wide? So would that be about 20km IRL? =)

Postby ~NCR » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:43 pm

captain_2ds wrote:
pascalek27 wrote:So today I decided to do a little experiment I wanted to see how long it would take me to walk across HM from one border to another but before I reveal the results let me tell you this was no easy task because I had no aid from elytra and only slight aid from a boat i also fell off the map once but i was close enough to a city to just teleport there and not have any major effect on my time anyway the results. The entire journey took me 56 minutes and 59 seconds which to me is quite astounding and really shows why vehicles can help the server (granted we mostly use tunnels but tunnels are really boring and you don't get to see nature) anyway hope you found this intriguing by the way ill be doing the exact same thing when vehicles come out however with 3 other people (top gear style)

Really cool. I think the server map is around 20,000 blocks wide? So would that be about 20km IRL? =)

It's about 9500 blocks wide
Co-owner of Rapid4, come shop with us!
/warp rc
Walk straight
2nd plot on the left

Postby Ozapenguin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:47 pm

~NCR wrote:
captain_2ds wrote:

It's about 9500 blocks wide

More like 7500 blocks wide

Postby Stlrsfan4 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:02 am

Any chance I could come on that convoy xD
Stlrsfan4
CEO and Co-Founder of Citadel Infrastructure Co.
"The sky's not the limit when there are footprints on the moon"
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

Postby ~NCR » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:57 am

Ozapenguin wrote:More like 7500 blocks wide

Na the farthest point from X=0 is X=-4750 and multiply that by 2 and the world is 9500 blocks wide
Co-owner of Rapid4, come shop with us!
/warp rc
Walk straight
2nd plot on the left

Postby Ozapenguin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:48 am

~NCR wrote:
Ozapenguin wrote:More like 7500 blocks wide

Na the farthest point from X=0 is X=-4750 and multiply that by 2 and the world is 9500 blocks wide

Nvm I thought the points were 3500 and -3500 not 4500 and -3500

Postby Nova » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:52 am

I went out 50k in the nether and it took me 2-3 hours.
80% Owner and Founder of GBS.
Player since 2013.
Net worth: 550k
Minecraft account: Forsals
#bringbackjen
#removewarps
#imwithbeta
#ripxxxtentacion

Next