Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion The perspective of a new player.


The perspective of a new player.

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:05 am

~Felix wrote:
DR_StevenStrange wrote:
Dylad wrote:Or the guy did his research idk

I beg to differ. If he did do his research, then he would know that 1. The staff team has been giving and a lot, we introduced a new fishing plugin. We have vote crates and because of people's voting, we have seen an increase in new players. The reason why they dont stay, is the communities fault, not entirely staff's fault. There is only so much we can do to help new players, but if the current players dont do their part in helping new players, then they dont want to stay. 2. Even though I would like to see Beta come back, does anyone really know what will be done to "revive" the server? Has anyone even bothered to ask? Has anyone even bothered to ask if Beta can do it, then why cant the current staff do it? What makes Beta so special that only he is capable of "reviving" the server? And 3. Has no one read anything I have said? If you have, then you would have read many times that I said we are listening, but where are all the suggestions? Where are the answers to my questions on what is wrong with the server? And no, not having Beta as admin isnt an answer to what is wrong with the server.


The fact that you, the person who is supposedly leading the server, blames the server's problems on the players themselves is absurd. Instead of taking accountability and trying to solve the problem, you are turning what was a classic roleplay server into an economy full of absurd rare items, vote crates, and pointless plugins that cause more lag. These additions that you are trying to prove to the community that they are helping are not.... and we've seen that with the recent server statistics. If you refuse to be open to ideas such as restoring Beta to a temporary position then you are no better than the toxic players that wreak havoc and cause players to quit; well....You haven't done much right.... why don't we give him a shot? He did a hell of a lot better job and didn't act like a child by quitting everytime he got in a difficult situation. I want some impartiality and you have proven to be incapable of such. If not Beta... at least let us promote someone who has not had a past of tempers and lack of accountability. That's all i'm saying. The reason so many veterans have left is because of the direction the current staff team has taken the server.... revert it back to the way it was and many will return as we have before.

Again you cant even read what I said. I said I would like to see him return, but all you ever seem to wish to do is attack me personally. If that is how you want to be, you are just adding to the toxicity of the server. Stop being part of the problem and be part of the solution.
Arakorni89 likes this post.
Mob maker since October 2017

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby Somfic » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:08 am

I agree with this.

TrumpVoter wrote:Ban appeals being public is so that the community can see who wants to come back and, in a civil way, give their input. This is a key to transparency between the staff team and the community.


How about turning the ban appeal formus into a read-only forum, such as the banned forum. People can still see what's going on and what staff's response is, while not being able to comment on the appeal themselves.
2 people like this post.
*not an actual mod anymore*

Image

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby Egor » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Staff are just being uses a scapegoat, which is just absurd
Net worth of 3,000,000F+
50 % Owner Of ACE Mega Stores
ACE Net Worth -4.5M Forsals

Image

Image

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby Zeek__ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:00 am

DR_StevenStrange wrote:
Dylad wrote:Or the guy did his research idk

I beg to differ. If he did do his research, then he would know that 1. The staff team has been giving and a lot, we introduced a new fishing plugin. We have vote crates and because of people's voting, we have seen an increase in new players. The reason why they dont stay, is the communities fault, not entirely staff's fault. There is only so much we can do to help new players, but if the current players dont do their part in helping new players, then they dont want to stay. 2. Even though I would like to see Beta come back, does anyone really know what will be done to "revive" the server? Has anyone even bothered to ask? Has anyone even bothered to ask if Beta can do it, then why cant the current staff do it? What makes Beta so special that only he is capable of "reviving" the server? And 3. Has no one read anything I have said? If you have, then you would have read many times that I said we are listening, but where are all the suggestions? Where are the answers to my questions on what is wrong with the server? And no, not having Beta as admin isnt an answer to what is wrong with the server.


training the staff to have more common sense in situations would help, and Commando could definately do that.
ViHQ likes this post.
Hello.

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby Cheerios32 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:16 am

Zeek__ wrote:
DR_StevenStrange wrote:
Dylad wrote:Or the guy did his research idk

I beg to differ. If he did do his research, then he would know that 1. The staff team has been giving and a lot, we introduced a new fishing plugin. We have vote crates and because of people's voting, we have seen an increase in new players. The reason why they dont stay, is the communities fault, not entirely staff's fault. There is only so much we can do to help new players, but if the current players dont do their part in helping new players, then they dont want to stay. 2. Even though I would like to see Beta come back, does anyone really know what will be done to "revive" the server? Has anyone even bothered to ask? Has anyone even bothered to ask if Beta can do it, then why cant the current staff do it? What makes Beta so special that only he is capable of "reviving" the server? And 3. Has no one read anything I have said? If you have, then you would have read many times that I said we are listening, but where are all the suggestions? Where are the answers to my questions on what is wrong with the server? And no, not having Beta as admin isnt an answer to what is wrong with the server.


training the staff to have more common sense in situations would help, and Commando could definately do that.


Staff are quite good at common sense already, and the bits that we get wrong are usually because we are under time or other pressure, under which most people make a lot more mistakes. except me, I mess up a lot.
5 people like this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

Image

To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby ~Satan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:48 pm

~Felix wrote:
DR_StevenStrange wrote:
Dylad wrote:Or the guy did his research idk

I beg to differ. If he did do his research, then he would know that 1. The staff team has been giving and a lot, we introduced a new fishing plugin. We have vote crates and because of people's voting, we have seen an increase in new players. The reason why they dont stay, is the communities fault, not entirely staff's fault. There is only so much we can do to help new players, but if the current players dont do their part in helping new players, then they dont want to stay. 2. Even though I would like to see Beta come back, does anyone really know what will be done to "revive" the server? Has anyone even bothered to ask? Has anyone even bothered to ask if Beta can do it, then why cant the current staff do it? What makes Beta so special that only he is capable of "reviving" the server? And 3. Has no one read anything I have said? If you have, then you would have read many times that I said we are listening, but where are all the suggestions? Where are the answers to my questions on what is wrong with the server? And no, not having Beta as admin isnt an answer to what is wrong with the server.


The fact that you, the person who is supposedly leading the server, blames the server's problems on the players themselves is absurd. Instead of taking accountability and trying to solve the problem, you are turning what was a classic roleplay server into an economy full of absurd rare items, vote crates, and pointless plugins that cause more lag. These additions that you are trying to prove to the community that they are helping are not.... and we've seen that with the recent server statistics. If you refuse to be open to ideas such as restoring Beta to a temporary position then you are no better than the toxic players that wreak havoc and cause players to quit; well....You haven't done much right.... why don't we give him a shot? He did a hell of a lot better job and didn't act like a child by quitting everytime he got in a difficult situation. I want some impartiality and you have proven to be incapable of such. If not Beta... at least let us promote someone who has not had a past of tempers and lack of accountability. That's all i'm saying. The reason so many veterans have left is because of the direction the current staff team has taken the server.... revert it back to the way it was and many will return as we have before.


For the love of God Felix, stop being delusional, it's rather annoying. This whole getting Beta back thing is starting to get pathetic, may I kindly remind you that this server would be lost without Steven? Even when he was just a mod he was incredibly important to our server. The reason why we got plugins and chests to begin with was the fact that our economy was dying due to monopolies and lack of innovation. Steven's plugins have diversified the economy, maybe not towards an economy we want yet but at least he's doing something.
Cheerios32 likes this post.
Also known as ~Satan , Damn you Somfic, Damn you.

Image
Image

Hellominers City Department - City Tier Evaluator - Contact me to get plots evicted or cities (tiers)approved ;)
CEO at Morningstar Capital Group (80% Owner of TESLO INC. & 100% owner of The Forsalist)

District Manager for Paradise Hills.

Creator of Hellominers Guide, HM's Fansite and Company/City Database.( https://HMguide.info )

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby ViHQ » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:41 am

I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I also agree with some of the comments on this post, in a way.
You are right when you say we no longer act as a community. There are toxic players who only play to keep their wealth, and stir up any type of flame they can.
Children, angsty teens, no way of venting in a productive way, these things happen. But they are happening too often.
Players like myself can be heard complaining about staff members. Partly this is because we absolutely know things could be handled better than this.
Voting crates are an excellent way of improving the server's looks on the outside, but the descriptions are outdated. There are videos on some of these websites showing events we no longer even do.
The inside of the server is decrepit and failing. The machines are getting gummed up, and its showing in attitude and player numbers.
Plugins like the fishing plugins are a wonderful start. Now in the tutorial, players should be told they can make decent money by being a fisherman. There needs to be more roleplay opportunities like this. We are on a good start.
The divide between staff and players is deepening everyday. This is something ultimately up to us. We need to have faith in the staff team, but they also have to have faith in us.
Also, the attitude of some staff members needs to be adjusted. They are just plain wrong ways to be treating players. *warning controversial opinion coming* the staff needs to come together , cut the bad fruit off of the tree and move along. They need to look at themselves, the state of the server. I have never seen a staff team like this. Not all of staff falls under this category, but for others the lack of care for the server is extremely evident. I think staff have made mistakes with some of the people they have appointed to handle important things. Everyone can go to the WPT discord to see how I was treated by TheBlondeCupcake. I was lied to, and forgotten, have tried to reach out to other staff members with admittedly passionate messages , but I have been completely ignored. It truly hurt my feelings. This is something that needs to change because it is truly part of staffs fault why we are failing like this. It is NOT completely them, but a big part.
Image
"You know half the fun of owning a company? Getting people to do it for you." -ViHQ 11:06 9/27/15
Member Since: 2014
CEO: Nature Incorporated - restoring the wilderness of HelloMiners.
Founder of Vanguard Industries (2015)

Previous