Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion The perspective of a new player.


The perspective of a new player.

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

The perspective of a new player.

Postby Logical Gamer » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello everyone, this is my 2nd forums post in the server and I would like to adress an issue that has become very clear these first days I have spent on the server. Please note that I am not in any side, I am neutral in everything I say about staff or players.

Players go against other players

Some of you say the server is going downwards, but it is "staff's" fault. Truth to be told, I am sure that if CommandoBeta came back into the server as the lead admin he could very possibly do what the current staff team has not. However, you don't seem to recall an extremely crucial element in any minecraft server: the community. The players are not seeking to help each other at all, instead they are going all out against each other. This can be quite easily reflected on the "Report a player" part of the forums. Players want to attack each other for meaningless reasons, instead of helping each other as a community. This has lead to certain controversy such as the Zilliux ban and the KingAndrew95 + others topics or just because half of the reports are fake/troll reports.

Putting aside forums "Report a player" topics we also have the "Ban appeal" topics which let every new player see old players who got banned and want to join back. I have a recommendation for the server admins. Do not allow ban appeals to be seen publicly. This creates both unneccessary ranting by people who have nothing to do with the ban and adds up to forum spam. For example in Nova's unban request topic, someone named Nova wants to be unbanned for being in a private conversation with other players of the server and "sexual harassment", instead of helpful and meaningful messages from the community we get USA laws for recording conversations which in my point of view has nothing to do with the issue. The ban was for what he said so why are non-related people arguing about laws?

Staff won't change

I kind of understand the position staff are in, they don't want to lose power to someone who can save the server from "dying" as some of you say. However they must learn that in order to recieve they must give. That is basic life knowledge, you won't get anything in life without giving something for it. Give Beta control, recieve "revival" of the server. Besides, he told us that as soon as he is done he could leave you alone again and you can keep on with your staff position. In the past Beta's dedication payed off so why not now? We should all speak up and make Beta the lead admin once again. Now that being said, we also need to help, as the community. We can't just cross our hands and do nothing, expecting Beta will do everything. We need to support him and bring new ideas to help the server.

I think that pretty well sums it all up, thanks for reading this long post. If you have any other ideas or just want to let us know what do you think about the server, don't hesitate to reply to the topic.
7 people like this post.

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby TrumpVoter » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:21 pm

I could argue against a few things here, but I would like to comment on 1 for now.

Ban appeals being public is so that the community can see who wants to come back and, in a civil way, give their input. This is a key to transparency between the staff team and the community. Sure it can cause some drama, but there are times when support for the person is very large. Much of this also comes from what people put in their ban appeals. Sometimes they write controversial stuff and nothing to disprove their ban, but other times its meaningful stuff that can help them to be unbanned.

I think people need to also realize that this is a Minecraft server. This fact seems to be forgotten a lot. There is no need for so much drama in a game.
2 people like this post.
Owner and CEO of TamarackEnterprises.


Trial-Mod ~SkolVikings since September 22

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby ~Bloom » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:40 pm

I agree with this, and also... welcome to the server. Hope you enjoy ;)
Owner Of Fresco Inc


Networth: 4.58 Million

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby ~Bear » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:25 pm

It’s clear you aren’t a new player...
Arakorni89 likes this post.
Sas Fried Chicken- Helper Chicken

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby Felipe98_ » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:58 am

~Bear wrote:It’s clear you aren’t a new player...
Owner of Montego Bay city! :D
Montego Bay City: http://www.tinyurl.com/MBayCity
Properties for Sale: http://www.tinyurl.com/FelSell
98Housing Company: http://www.tinyurl.com/98Housing

<Mod ~KingFelope> *stares in portuguese*
<Mod~QueenJen> *stares in english*
Former HelloMiners Staffer
Former King of Montego Bay

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby Dylad » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:31 am

Felipe98_ wrote:
~Bear wrote:It’s clear you aren’t a new player...

Or the guy did his research idk
2 people like this post.
Aloha.

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:44 am

Dylad wrote:Or the guy did his research idk

I beg to differ. If he did do his research, then he would know that 1. The staff team has been giving and a lot, we introduced a new fishing plugin. We have vote crates and because of people's voting, we have seen an increase in new players. The reason why they dont stay, is the communities fault, not entirely staff's fault. There is only so much we can do to help new players, but if the current players dont do their part in helping new players, then they dont want to stay. 2. Even though I would like to see Beta come back, does anyone really know what will be done to "revive" the server? Has anyone even bothered to ask? Has anyone even bothered to ask if Beta can do it, then why cant the current staff do it? What makes Beta so special that only he is capable of "reviving" the server? And 3. Has no one read anything I have said? If you have, then you would have read many times that I said we are listening, but where are all the suggestions? Where are the answers to my questions on what is wrong with the server? And no, not having Beta as admin isnt an answer to what is wrong with the server.
2 people like this post.

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby ~Felix » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:41 am

DR_StevenStrange wrote:
Dylad wrote:Or the guy did his research idk

I beg to differ. If he did do his research, then he would know that 1. The staff team has been giving and a lot, we introduced a new fishing plugin. We have vote crates and because of people's voting, we have seen an increase in new players. The reason why they dont stay, is the communities fault, not entirely staff's fault. There is only so much we can do to help new players, but if the current players dont do their part in helping new players, then they dont want to stay. 2. Even though I would like to see Beta come back, does anyone really know what will be done to "revive" the server? Has anyone even bothered to ask? Has anyone even bothered to ask if Beta can do it, then why cant the current staff do it? What makes Beta so special that only he is capable of "reviving" the server? And 3. Has no one read anything I have said? If you have, then you would have read many times that I said we are listening, but where are all the suggestions? Where are the answers to my questions on what is wrong with the server? And no, not having Beta as admin isnt an answer to what is wrong with the server.


The fact that you, the person who is supposedly leading the server, blames the server's problems on the players themselves is absurd. Instead of taking accountability and trying to solve the problem, you are turning what was a classic roleplay server into an economy full of absurd rare items, vote crates, and pointless plugins that cause more lag. These additions that you are trying to prove to the community that they are helping are not.... and we've seen that with the recent server statistics. If you refuse to be open to ideas such as restoring Beta to a temporary position then you are no better than the toxic players that wreak havoc and cause players to quit; well....You haven't done much right.... why don't we give him a shot? He did a hell of a lot better job and didn't act like a child by quitting everytime he got in a difficult situation. I want some impartiality and you have proven to be incapable of such. If not Beta... at least let us promote someone who has not had a past of tempers and lack of accountability. That's all i'm saying. The reason so many veterans have left is because of the direction the current staff team has taken the server.... revert it back to the way it was and many will return as we have before.
ViHQ likes this post.
Image
Image

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby Amoni » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:57 am

Logical Gamer wrote: The players are not seeking to help each other at all, instead they are going all out against each other. This can be quite easily reflected on the "Report a player" part of the forums. Players want to attack each other for meaningless reasons, instead of helping each other as a community.


Probably the most important thing anyone has said during the crisis
4 people like this post.
Image
Come visit Whole Blocks in a location near you!

Re: The perspective of a new player.

Postby Cheerios32 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:03 am

~Felix wrote:
DR_StevenStrange wrote:
Dylad wrote:Or the guy did his research idk

I beg to differ. If he did do his research, then he would know that 1. The staff team has been giving and a lot, we introduced a new fishing plugin. We have vote crates and because of people's voting, we have seen an increase in new players. The reason why they dont stay, is the communities fault, not entirely staff's fault. There is only so much we can do to help new players, but if the current players dont do their part in helping new players, then they dont want to stay. 2. Even though I would like to see Beta come back, does anyone really know what will be done to "revive" the server? Has anyone even bothered to ask? Has anyone even bothered to ask if Beta can do it, then why cant the current staff do it? What makes Beta so special that only he is capable of "reviving" the server? And 3. Has no one read anything I have said? If you have, then you would have read many times that I said we are listening, but where are all the suggestions? Where are the answers to my questions on what is wrong with the server? And no, not having Beta as admin isnt an answer to what is wrong with the server.


The fact that you, the person who is supposedly leading the server, blames the server's problems on the players themselves is absurd. Instead of taking accountability and trying to solve the problem, you are turning what was a classic roleplay server into an economy full of absurd rare items, vote crates, and pointless plugins that cause more lag. These additions that you are trying to prove to the community that they are helping are not.... and we've seen that with the recent server statistics. If you refuse to be open to ideas such as restoring Beta to a temporary position then you are no better than the toxic players that wreak havoc and cause players to quit; well....You haven't done much right.... why don't we give him a shot? He did a hell of a lot better job and didn't act like a child by quitting everytime he got in a difficult situation. I want some impartiality and you have proven to be incapable of such. If not Beta... at least let us promote someone who has not had a past of tempers and lack of accountability. That's all i'm saying. The reason so many veterans have left is because of the direction the current staff team has taken the server.... revert it back to the way it was and many will return as we have before.


Please write up exactly what you want in a formal suggestion topic.

Ideally include a distinction between staff doing nothing and being told we are, well, doing nothing and staff doing a lot and being told we have messed everything up and should undo it all.

Also please learn that ultimately what decides if a player stays or not is how helpful the community are, and although staff have a passing role to play it is just that: passing.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

Image

To those who said I could never be rich:
Image

Next