Forum

HelloMiners Forum General Server Discussion Discussion - Updating tutorial

Discussion - Updating tutorial

General discussion concerning HelloMiners.

Re: Discussion - Updating tutorial

Postby captain_2ds » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:00 am

fluffythebunnyx wrote:
ViHQ wrote:Excuse me, my company has a sprawling campus with farms and resources perfect for new players, we even offer storage rental and free lodging for loyal employees. If we had a better warp jobs or something, that would be perfect for them to find us.

I know there is the facilities out there, and I agree warp jobs is flawed... Especially now there hasnt been updates on the new one. You should advertise it in chat more, and maybe promote it more in your stores. It is all well and good having the perfect facilities, but they are useless when new players don't know they exist.

I'm a new player and had no idea they exist. ;)

I hear talk about jobs though and feel I could find one if I tried. Looking in the Job forums section, looks like there is stuff (I'd have to go reading though them to make sense of what's there). ATM I don't need a job desperately, as a new player there's stuff I can do with out a job. Apparently I can also mine and make money that way. I job would be fun though, I'm looking forward to trying that.

I didn't mind the tutorial except it was a bit hard to read the signs. It's a pretty good layout. Afterwards, I sometimes got stuck back in the tutorial (doing /spawn without knowing what it would do) and one can't warp or chat once in there, which was a bit annoying... :lol:

If the tutorial could be interactive, that would be awesome. For example, perhaps like a guide to the airport where the new player has to buy a ticket, then go through security, sell it, end up in another city to really demonstrate how it works, that would be fun.

Oh, but what is this talk of plugins? do I need/want to use plugins and what are they? :?
fluffythebunnyx likes this post.

Postby Cheerios32 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:07 am

captain_2ds wrote:Oh, but what is this talk of plugins? do I need/want to use plugins and what are they? :?

Fishing plugin is one: if you fish you'll sometimes get special fish that can be sold using /fish shop

Other one is /ah: it allows you to sell random items to others. I can't remember all the commands but /ah help is nice and clear.

As to making the tutorial more interactive, I'll talk to staff about it.

Thanks again for your input :D
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby Somfic » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:57 pm

Having an interactive tutorials by using a customly made plugin would be sick, if you end up doing it, staff, and need help with Java I'd be more than happy to help (:
*not an actual mod anymore*

Postby DR_StevenStrange » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:01 pm

Somfic wrote:Having an interactive tutorials by using a customly made plugin would be sick, if you end up doing it, staff, and need help with Java I'd be more than happy to help (:

That would be cool. Then we could test players on what they know and if they fail, it sends them back to the starting of the section they failed on.
2 people like this post.
Mob maker since October 2017

Postby Cheerios32 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Somfic wrote:Having an interactive tutorials by using a customly made plugin would be sick, if you end up doing it, staff, and need help with Java I'd be more than happy to help (:

if you want me to send you more stack traces I can do that.
2 people like this post.
Net worth:Somehow about 100k

Also been a trial mod since 10th February.

To those who said I could never be rich:

Postby Somfic » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:07 pm

Cheerios32 wrote:

if you want me to send you more stack traces I can do that.

bet
*not an actual mod anymore*

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:21 am

Still on holiday, but this is important! Bumpety bump, I live everyones ideas so far!
ViHQ likes this post.
Leeds city approved since Sunday 3:25 PM BST 15 / 7 / 18
Owner of Leeds City!

One man's garbage is another man person's good ungarbage

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 pm

BUMP
ViHQ likes this post.
Owner of Leeds City!

Postby Zyra_bot » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:38 am

I always thought it would be cool to have at the end of the tutotial a list of buttons of private cities that players can choice from that sends them to like an immigration office in that city (be attached to the airport) from there they would have all the city rules and that city could have board of like jobs avaliable or apartments within the city like facilitys ect.
Eg
Job:SheepShearer
Pay:10f per stack
CEO: (Playersname)
This way players can see who they need to contact what they would be getting payed and what they would do. This way the city can update jobs and what not and remove inactive jobs more effectivly and encourages more activity in provate cities.
So who gets a button at tutorial. Well cities with a high city teir should get it if they build the immigration office and have jobs and apts on their notice boards. There should also be one rotating spot which changes once a month in which lower tier cities can bid for if they have all the requirements meet. The highest bidder will win it for one month and then it will be re auctioned by the government.
Futhermore when a player clicks where they went to a little global message should pop up telling where the new player went and to welcome them so if people are in that city they can say hi or welcome them and try incorperate them moreas they feel more connected as they both live in the same city. Also would be an incentive for mayors or apt/buisness owners in that city to make the new player to be more incorperated with a house work and friends in order to benefit the city on a whole.

ps: sorry for lack of fullstops and spelling mistakes had to write this in a rush on my phone :lol:

Postby fluffythebunnyx » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Zyra_bot wrote:I always thought it would be cool to have at the end of the tutotial a list of buttons of private cities that players can choice from that sends them to like an immigration office in that city (be attached to the airport) from there they would have all the city rules and that city could have board of like jobs avaliable or apartments within the city like facilitys ect.
Eg
Job:SheepShearer
Pay:10f per stack
CEO: (Playersname)
This way players can see who they need to contact what they would be getting payed and what they would do. This way the city can update jobs and what not and remove inactive jobs more effectivly and encourages more activity in provate cities.
So who gets a button at tutorial. Well cities with a high city teir should get it if they build the immigration office and have jobs and apts on their notice boards. There should also be one rotating spot which changes once a month in which lower tier cities can bid for if they have all the requirements meet. The highest bidder will win it for one month and then it will be re auctioned by the government.
Futhermore when a player clicks where they went to a little global message should pop up telling where the new player went and to welcome them so if people are in that city they can say hi or welcome them and try incorperate them moreas they feel more connected as they both live in the same city. Also would be an incentive for mayors or apt/buisness owners in that city to make the new player to be more incorperated with a house work and friends in order to benefit the city on a whole.

ps: sorry for lack of fullstops and spelling mistakes had to write this in a rush on my phone :lol:

I like this idea, and i think it could be incorperated into other suggestions. It could allow players to start out with some sort of job. The cities would have to be chosen fairly, and maybe even ones without airports could be used to give all cities a fair chance, and regularly checked by the aforementioned tutorial team.
Owner of Leeds City!

Previous